Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 02:49 AM   #1291
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98slowbra View Post
We are taking the Baltic cruise in 2015, I was wondering if I should get a new lens. Don't know if my sigma 70-200 f/2.8 we'll be good enough from the ship to shore photos. Was thinking of getting the canon 100-400mm lens for this cruise for $1600. But not sure
You need a good camera for taking photos of palaces inside and out, church's that are dark but may not allow flash, anti glare for museums, with glass covered items.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:52 AM   #1292
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Dover England taken from on the Disney Magic.

BALTIC CRUISE AND RHODES 427 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

BALTIC CRUISE AND RHODES 426 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

BALTIC CRUISE AND RHODES 425 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

BALTIC CRUISE AND RHODES 424 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

BALTIC CRUISE AND RHODES 423 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #1293
DISNEY FANTASY

The Port of Staint Petersburg Russia.

ST Petes by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr
* Disney Magic -
Old 03-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #1294
Evad
Our Greatest Natural Resource Is The Minds Of Our Children; Walter Elias Disney

Castaway Cay

Hey Andrew we just booked an Alaskan cruise for June 2015!!!

Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 / Nikkor 70-300mm VR / Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 / SB 400 / Fuji S700 /

Evad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #1295
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad View Post
Hey Andrew we just booked an Alaskan cruise for June 2015!!!
1) congrats you will enjoy it, do many photo opportunities for you. 2) I don't think I need to ask, But I look forward to seeing your fantastic photos from it. Words of advice, try to get a verandah there are sights from 6 am to 11 pm, and no people in front of you, also book private tours in advance you will save a lot. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

PS If not seen before I have a link below to my cruise photos, navigators, and a blog from my Alaska cruise.
* Disney Magic -
Old 03-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #1296
atayl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Here are a few more pics I took.

These are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen!

Last edited by atayl; 03-30-2014 at 01:02 PM.
atayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #1297
atayl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Just click the quote button and write something or leave a smiley.

Oh that's what you guys meant thanks!
atayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #1298
98slowbra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
You need a good camera for taking photos of palaces inside and out, church's that are dark but may not allow flash, anti glare for museums, with glass covered items.
Thought I did have a good Camera
Canon 60D
Sigma lens 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM AF
Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG HSM II Macro Zoom lens
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens
Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens
Sigma APO Teleconverter 1.4x EX DG for Canon Mount Lenses
98slowbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #1299
98slowbra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by atayl View Post
These are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen!
Thanks so much, go to my web site to see more if you wish. I have a bunch of pictures posted up there.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #1300
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Thought I did have a good Camera Canon 60D Sigma lens 24-70mm f/2.8 IF EX DG HSM AF Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG HSM II Macro Zoom lens Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens Sigma APO Teleconverter 1.4x EX DG for Canon Mount Lenses
Yes sounds good, sorry misread thought you were getting one.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
* Disney Magic -
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #1301
98slowbra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes sounds good, sorry misread thought you were getting one.

I was thinking about getting one for the Baltic trip for close ups from ship to shore. I do not know if my 70-200 will be enough even with the teleconverter it only goes out to 280mm, so that is why I am thinking about the 100-400mm canon lens, but wonder if I will use it a lot on this trip.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #1302
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
I was thinking about getting one for the Baltic trip for close ups from ship to shore. I do not know if my 70-200 will be enough even with the teleconverter it only goes out to 280mm, so that is why I am thinking about the 100-400mm canon lens, but wonder if I will use it a lot on this trip.

I saw you wanted to consider a new camera and misread it sorry.

Well going in and out of Stockholm is very pretty past many islands , Denmark if we go under the bridge it's nice, but a lot of the Baltic and sea days there isn't anything to view, ie St Petes harbour is out of town in a commercial port and you can't see anything bar other ships.

* Disney Magic -
Old 03-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #1303
98slowbra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I saw you wanted to consider a new camera and misread it sorry.

Well going in and out of Stockholm is very pretty past many islands , Denmark if we go under the bridge it's nice, but a lot of the Baltic and sea days there isn't anything to view, ie St Petes harbour is out of town in a commercial port and you can't see anything bar other ships.

That is exactly what I needed to know, thanks so much for your input, the way the cruise path looked it was close to the shore line like the Alaskan cruise we took, but if all you can see is the sea all the time there would be no use for the new lens. Thanks for your help, that lens cost some money. I am sorry for the misunderstanding, it was just the lens I was looking at for my Canon 60D. Each lens that I have has is own purpose 70-200 lens, soccer and far away close ups, 24-70mm lens, close up portrait pics, 50mm close up portrait pics 10-22 catch the whole wide picture.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #1304
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
That is exactly what I needed to know, thanks so much for your input, the way the cruise path looked it was close to the shore line like the Alaskan cruise we took, but if all you can see is the sea all the time there would be no use for the new lens. Thanks for your help, that lens cost some money.
No it's not like Alaska your out a sea a lot you see the odd old container ship, the water is actually very dirty in places, entering and leaving Stockholm is a good bit, but do not buy a camera just for that,

We better not keep posting on this as the thread is mainly for photos!

* Disney Magic -
Old 03-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #1305
98slowbra
Earning My Ears

Quote:
No it's not like Alaska your out a sea a lot you see the odd old container ship, the water is actually very dirty in places, entering and leaving Stockholm is a good bit, but do not buy a camera just for that,

We better not keep posting on this as the thread is mainly for photos!

ok thanks, for your input.

Tags
cruise, dcl, photography, pictures

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: