Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Today, 10:18 AM   #1
Jaimedag
Earning My Ears
 
Jaimedag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto Area
Posts: 3

Atlantis

Is there anywhere to buy wrist bands for Atlantis cheaper than through the cruise ship?
__________________




01/1990-Poly|04/1991-CBR|03/1995|10/1999|03/2004-PC|Xmas/2006|03/2009|12/2009|03/2011
|12/2011-BWV|08/2012-GF|Xmas/2012-AKV|03/2013-WLV|04/2013-AKV|05/2013-DCL/F|Xmas/2013-GF|03/2014-BCV|03/2014-VBDVC|Xmas/2014-WLV|01/2015-Poly

Jaimedag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #2
Jaimedag
Earning My Ears
 
Jaimedag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto Area
Posts: 3

Follow up...

If only the kids are going to use the watersides, is there a way to purchase the aqua excursion for them and just the discover Atlantis for the Adults?

I also saw Resort for a Day offers a package. Has anyone done this?
__________________




01/1990-Poly|04/1991-CBR|03/1995|10/1999|03/2004-PC|Xmas/2006|03/2009|12/2009|03/2011
|12/2011-BWV|08/2012-GF|Xmas/2012-AKV|03/2013-WLV|04/2013-AKV|05/2013-DCL/F|Xmas/2013-GF|03/2014-BCV|03/2014-VBDVC|Xmas/2014-WLV|01/2015-Poly

Jaimedag is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old Today, 11:29 AM   #3
hubbard53
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimedag View Post
If only the kids are going to use the watersides, is there a way to purchase the aqua excursion for them and just the discover Atlantis for the Adults?

I also saw Resort for a Day offers a package. Has anyone done this?
i dont think you can purchase the waterslides/beach band just for them and still be able to accompany them.

We jsut got the discover atlantis (or whatever jsut gives you access to aquariums, etc) and were stopped by security at certain points that were considered "water park" even though we were just looking.
hubbard53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #4
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas
 
Four Swampers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimedag View Post
Is there anywhere to buy wrist bands for Atlantis cheaper than through the cruise ship?
Typically, the least expensive way to visit Atlantis is to book a room that you will never use at the Comfort Suites, across the street from Atlantis. They have full use of the waterparks and charging at Atlantis, and you can often get a room there for around $200 for a family of four.
For example, someone sailing a four night Bahamas cruise on the Dream that departs Port Canaveral 8/3/14 and visits Nassau on 8/4/14 would book a room at The Comfort Suites for 8/4/14. You would tell the Comfort Suites that you will arrive on 8/4/14 and depart 8/5/14. Of course, you will actually depart in the afternoon of 8/4/14, but they don't care.

On 8/4/14, wake up, eat breakfast, and take a cab to the Comfort Suites. Do NOT take a water taxi. While slightly fun, they wait for the ship to fill, so you get to waste 20 or 30 minutes, all the while breathing in diesel fumes, while they fill the boat. Take a taxi to the Comfort Suites.

Check in at Comfort Suites. Your room is not ready, but it does not matter, as you will never use it. Get your wrist bands, and then head over to Atlantis, easy walking distance. (I can't remember if you get your bands at Comfort Suites or take a paper from Comfort Suites to Atlantis and get your bands there, but it doesn't matter, the Comfort Suites receptionist will guide you through it.)

Enjoy Atlantis. Tour the grounds, use all the slides, charge a bunch of food and drink back to your account at The Comfort Suites using your wristband.

When you are sunburnt and tired, grab a cab and go back to the ship. As the ship sails away, look at your family and smile about all the great times you had today. Your food and drink will be added to your account at Comfort Suites, which will automatically close out tomorrow morning. You won't be there to get the paper receipt, but that doesn't matter.

We have done this twice. It is a great way to enjoy Atlantis and save a few hundred dollars versus a DCL excursion. Have a great time!
__________________
Wonder 11/19/09 Bahamas // Magic 08/07/10Mediterranean // Wonder 03/27/11 Mexican Riviera
Dream 11/17/11 Bahamas // Fantasy 03/31/12 Maiden Voyage // Wonder 06/11/12 Alaska
Wonder 09/10/12 Vancouver to LA // Magic 06/15/13 Mediterranean // Magic 11/06/13 Key West & CC
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 PM   #5
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran
 
ColoradoDisneyFreaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Posts: 2,425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
Typically, the least expensive way to visit Atlantis is to book a room that you will never use at the Comfort Suites, across the street from Atlantis. They have full use of the waterparks and charging at Atlantis, and you can often get a room there for around $200 for a family of four.
For example, someone sailing a four night Bahamas cruise on the Dream that departs Port Canaveral 8/3/14 and visits Nassau on 8/4/14 would book a room at The Comfort Suites for 8/4/14. You would tell the Comfort Suites that you will arrive on 8/4/14 and depart 8/5/14. Of course, you will actually depart in the afternoon of 8/4/14, but they don't care.

On 8/4/14, wake up, eat breakfast, and take a cab to the Comfort Suites. Do NOT take a water taxi. While slightly fun, they wait for the ship to fill, so you get to waste 20 or 30 minutes, all the while breathing in diesel fumes, while they fill the boat. Take a taxi to the Comfort Suites.

Check in at Comfort Suites. Your room is not ready, but it does not matter, as you will never use it. Get your wrist bands, and then head over to Atlantis, easy walking distance. (I can't remember if you get your bands at Comfort Suites or take a paper from Comfort Suites to Atlantis and get your bands there, but it doesn't matter, the Comfort Suites receptionist will guide you through it.)

Enjoy Atlantis. Tour the grounds, use all the slides, charge a bunch of food and drink back to your account at The Comfort Suites using your wristband.

When you are sunburnt and tired, grab a cab and go back to the ship. As the ship sails away, look at your family and smile about all the great times you had today. Your food and drink will be added to your account at Comfort Suites, which will automatically close out tomorrow morning. You won't be there to get the paper receipt, but that doesn't matter.

We have done this twice. It is a great way to enjoy Atlantis and save a few hundred dollars versus a DCL excursion. Have a great time!
Pretty much this exactly. Also, keep checking back on your reservation at Comfort Suites, the price may drop and you can get an even better deal!

I just DON'T recommend losing your 7 year-old daughter on the not so lazy river like we did! Dad freaked out a bit until she was found, me and her stayed nice and calm.
__________________
ColoradoDisneyFreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.