Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,016

IGT/OGT/VGT September Release Dates???

Any guesses as to when IGT/OGT/VGT rates for September will be released?

I am thinking of 'dummy' booking some Southwest air (nice sail on SW thru tomorrow) in anticipation of possible IGT/OGT/VGT in late September.

__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Ofinn
DIS Veteran
 
Ofinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 873

They won't come out until after the 75 PIF date.
__________________
Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,494

Totally OT but I looked at Southwest for my family to fly down to FLL for the Thanksgiving Allure of the Seas we're supposed to go on with the inlaws. YIKES! Over $3k for 4 of us. Guess I shoulda been on those flights when they released. Ugh! Could be cost-preventative for the whole thing!
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Totally OT but I looked at Southwest for my family to fly down to FLL for the Thanksgiving Allure of the Seas we're supposed to go on with the inlaws. YIKES! Over $3k for 4 of us. Guess I shoulda been on those flights when they released. Ugh! Could be cost-preventative for the whole thing!
We are sailing on The Fantasy Thanksgiving week and airfare is outrageous flying back on Saturday. Almost makes me think about driving instead of flying.... ALMOST
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Kendal
DIS Veteran
 
Kendal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Illinois not Chicago!
Posts: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post

We are sailing on The Fantasy Thanksgiving week and airfare is outrageous flying back on Saturday. Almost makes me think about driving instead of flying.... ALMOST
May I ask where u drive from?? Our first cruise we flew southwest was only in a 3 night cruise... Flew home.... Our airfare was only300 cheaper than the cruise... We live 16 hours away from PC so we drive the second time..... We drov straight through!! 300 dollars in gas was alot better... We have a cruise booked in march if next year we will be driveing again as well... This time booking a car!!! 300 for car 300 for fuel is still cheaper than flying that's haveing the car for 9 days....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises
 
mmouse37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Too far from the Magic!!
Posts: 26,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
Any guesses as to when IGT/OGT/VGT rates for September will be released?

I am thinking of 'dummy' booking some Southwest air (nice sail on SW thru tomorrow) in anticipation of possible IGT/OGT/VGT in late September.

It anyone's guess when and if they will release September *GT rates. Keep checking because sometimes they offer them before the PIF date (rate but it has happened) Did you see the thread on past *GT offerings? It will let you see if they offered them last year in September.

Compilation of Historic *GT rates

Looks like they did offer them on the Fantasy last Sept.

MJ
__________________
30 DCL Cruises and Counting!
Disney Magic - 19 times - Official Maiden Voyage July 30, 1998, Re-imagined Magic October 27, 2013
Disney Wonder - 5 times
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendal View Post
May I ask where u drive from?? Our first cruise we flew southwest was only in a 3 night cruise... Flew home.... Our airfare was only300 cheaper than the cruise... We live 16 hours away from PC so we drive the second time..... We drov straight through!! 300 dollars in gas was alot better... We have a cruise booked in march if next year we will be driveing again as well... This time booking a car!!! 300 for car 300 for fuel is still cheaper than flying that's haveing the car for 9 days....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We drive from Birmingham, AL. Around 9.5 hours total. If we are lucky, we can get $49 non-stop air on Southwest to Orlando, but haven't been able to get those good rates this fall.
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.