Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

2 rooms at POP or family suite at AOA??

Please help me decide! In October myself, DH, DDs 6, 2 & 1, and my DH's parents are travelling to Disney. We are booked with FD and the Little Mermaid rooms are excluded from that offer so we currently have 2 rooms at POP century booked. We've stayed there before and have enjoyed it, but on our last trip we stayed at the LM rooms and it was an amazing resort! We loved the pool for the girls and the food court was great. I know POP is right across the bridge so we can easily use their food court, but it's just not the same.

Now I'm considering possibly getting a family suite at AOA instead and having all of us stay in a room together... It would cost a few hundred $ more which we can easily manage... the issue is if there will be enough space for all of us without going crazy!
Obviously the in-laws would have the separate bedroom and DH and the girls and I would get the pull-out beds in the main living area.

Has anyone stayed in the family suites with this many people? We don't typically spend that much time in the room anyways, and my kids are all good sleepers so I'm not worried about them keeping my in-laws up at night. What are your opinions?

Thanks!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Please help me decide! In October myself, DH, DDs 6, 2 & 1, and my DH's parents are travelling to Disney. We are booked with FD and the Little Mermaid rooms are excluded from that offer so we currently have 2 rooms at POP century booked. We've stayed there before and have enjoyed it, but on our last trip we stayed at the LM rooms and it was an amazing resort! We loved the pool for the girls and the food court was great. I know POP is right across the bridge so we can easily use their food court, but it's just not the same.

Now I'm considering possibly getting a family suite at AOA instead and having all of us stay in a room together... It would cost a few hundred $ more which we can easily manage... the issue is if there will be enough space for all of us without going crazy!
Obviously the in-laws would have the separate bedroom and DH and the girls and I would get the pull-out beds in the main living area.

Has anyone stayed in the family suites with this many people? We don't typically spend that much time in the room anyways, and my kids are all good sleepers so I'm not worried about them keeping my in-laws up at night. What are your opinions?

Thanks!
I wouldn't spend extra money so that I could sleep on a pullout sofa. They're fine for the kids but even if all you're using the room for is sleeping and showering, that sleeping thing is still important. The last thing you want is to be achy in the morning for a week. I know that some people don't have a problem with it for a few nights. I would.

The only plus that I see is that you will have that kitchenette in the suite. But having a coffeemaker and microwave wouldn't be enough to make up for a rough night on an uncomfortable bed.

Here are some photos of the Finding Nemo suites from the disneyfoodblog.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...-service-menu/

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Honestly, if you are willing to spend some more money to be at AoA, I would just book two LM rooms. You'll be happy, you'll be comfortable, you may have to spend a little more on food. Or, stick with POP. There is no amount of free food on this earth that will make being cramped with your family for a week worth it IMHO!
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
kimber11
Kimberley

We LOVED the family suite at the AOA resort and we are going back with 6 of us again this January. Family suite all the way. (Although I haven't been to POP).
kimber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
disneycraz
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Pop last year, and went over to see the AOA, and had friends coming that were staying in a suite. There were 5 of them, 3 adults and 2 children. I thought the suite looked really cramped. (decorated very cute, but I thought it was too much) I was glad I saw this since this year we are taking the kids and there will be 5 of us, and opted to get two rooms at the Pop Century. We really like it there. We especially like that they get their own bus, unlike the All Star Resorts.
disneycraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
belle912
Mouseketeer

I don't know if I could handle everyone in the same room. I think that as much as I love my in-laws (and they love my kids) that we all could use a break at night. We only use our room to sleep usually when we are on vacation but we still get a new room for my Mom when she travels with us.
belle912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm pretty sure we'll just go with the 2 rooms at POP. That way we all have our own space from each other
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Honestly, if you are willing to spend some more money to be at AoA, I would just book two LM rooms. You'll be happy, you'll be comfortable, you may have to spend a little more on food. Or, stick with POP. There is no amount of free food on this earth that will make being cramped with your family for a week worth it IMHO!
DITTO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: