Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Rubeng724
Earning My Ears

Which DVC Resorts get booked the fastest? Which ones get booked the slowest?

Here's MY order of prefrence...

1. Bay Lake Tower
2. Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village
3. Animal Kingdom Villas- Jambo House
4. Treehouse Villas ( at Saratoga Springs)
5. Villas at Wilderness Lodge
6. Old Key West
7. Beach Club Villas
8. Boardwalk Villas
9. Saratoga Springs

So, which resorts do you NEED to book at the 11-Month window? 7-Month? Thank You!

BTW I want to travel the 3rd week of December, NEXT year. (12/14/14-12/20/14) in a 2 Bedroom Villa
Rubeng724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
francie57
DIS Veteran

We have been staying at BW and BC for many many years and they book fast because of their convenience to two parks. BLT has been stated to book fast because of the convenience to MK. My guess would be that the last ones to fill up would be OKW and SSR, since I know they have used those in the past to upgrade people from POP to there because of overcrowding. We have always booked through AAA with a regular Disney rental (we are not DVC members) and I keep checking Disney' website weekly at the 11 month mark to see when they come up for rental. The sooner you see them come up and book the better. We are going in Jan for the marathon weekend and have rented points through Dave's for this trip and will be interested to see how that works out since it is much cheaper. As I said, when the time comes for you to start booking your trip I would just keep calling or checking the website to see then they show up and book right away.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Here's a handy dandy chart from David's DVC Rental Web site. It answers exactly the question you've asked.

When should I book my villa?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
We have been staying at BW and BC for many many years and they book fast because of their convenience to two parks. BLT has been stated to book fast because of the convenience to MK. My guess would be that the last ones to fill up would be OKW and SSR, since I know they have used those in the past to upgrade people from POP to there because of overcrowding. We have always booked through AAA with a regular Disney rental (we are not DVC members) and I keep checking Disney' website weekly at the 11 month mark to see when they come up for rental. The sooner you see them come up and book the better. We are going in Jan for the marathon weekend and have rented points through Dave's for this trip and will be interested to see how that works out since it is much cheaper. As I said, when the time comes for you to start booking your trip I would just keep calling or checking the website to see then they show up and book right away.
DVC's inventory and the rooms that you see available on Disney's website are completely different. You can see lots of available villas on Disney's website and yet the DVC website for the same type of villa may have been completely booked up months ago. That's because DVC only owns a percentage of the vacation villas and Disney owns the rest. Checking the Disney website for availability is only useful if you plan to reserve your villa through Disney's CRO and not through a DVC member. In which case, the 11-month booking window is irrelevant.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
francie57
DIS Veteran

I realize the inventories are different but I wasn't sure if the op was a dvc member or not since it doesn't say. I just tried to provide info either way.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #6
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
I realize the inventories are different but I wasn't sure if the op was a dvc member or not since it doesn't say. I just tried to provide info either way.
I thought that when the OP mentioned 11-month and 7-month booking windows, they were referring to DVC reservations. CRO doesn't have booking windows at 11 months and 7 months.

Marionnette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
...That's because DVC only owns a percentage of the vacation villas and Disney owns the rest. ....
Not quite correct. Members own the majority of the villas. Most at WDW are sold out except for AKV. DVC does have some points at the other resorts from Right of First Refusal (meaning they bought them back when a member sold) and they keep about 3-4% for maintenance. At 60 days out, any left over points inventory gets turned over the Disney Reservation Center to sell. DVC also offers DRC villas for members who have traded out their points for non-DVC Disney stays, like Adv by Disney or Disney Cruise Line. Those places have to be paid for the member's trip somehow.

So, OP, are you looking at a cash stay through DRC or a points stay through DVC? That might be the difference.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
Rubeng724
Earning My Ears

Hello! And sorry for the confusions. I meant booking through DVC. Thanks.
Rubeng724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: