Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Obb- awaiting email confirm

I booked for the EBTA 2014 whilst on board the 1st Med cruise. The money has been taken, I can see the cruise reservation on the DCL website in the Castaway Club section, but have yet to receive and email of confirmation from DCL or my TA.

I didn't get the form back when I rebooked as a CM took off my DH and I don't think it reached the guy at the OBB desk. When we paid the deposit we were told that we would receive and email from both Disney and my TA, and I am still waiting.

What I am wondering is how long this usually takes? I paid on Friday 7th June and I just want something in my possession to confirm price and everything else. I know my room number as I selected it, but I can't find anything else on DCL.

Thanks for any input.

Med 7 night navigators 2013:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/kiki...d%20Navigators

Last edited by Disney mam; 06-12-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Title
Disney mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Ntrain
Mouseketeer

This happened to me when I booked another cruise in August 2012 and I waited a week and emailed DCL. it took them to get back to me to 2-3 days. An email confirmation was sent to me afterwards.
Ntrain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney mam View Post
I booked for the EBTA 2014 whilst on board the 1st Med cruise. The money has been taken, I can see the cruise reservation on the DCL website in the Castaway Club section, but have yet to receive and email of confirmation from DCL or my TA.

I didn't get the form back when I rebooked as a CM took off my DH and I don't think it reached the guy at the OBB desk. When we paid the deposit we were told that we would receive and email from both Disney and my TA, and I am still waiting.

What I am wondering is how long this usually takes? I paid on Friday 7th June and I just want something in my possession to confirm price and everything else. I know my room number as I selected it, but I can't find anything else on DCL.

Thanks for any input.
Hmmm... If you can see the reservation on DCL's site, you should be able to see the price, room number, etc. The only thing you won't see is the OBC (not sure why DCL doesn't show it). The first time I rebooked while onboard, I placed the completed quote card in the box at the future cruise desk. I was told that a confirmation would be sent to our room, but that never happened. For that reason, I made sure to sit with a CM at the desk the next time. That time I left the desk with a printed confirmation of the booking.

We designated Costco as our TA that time, and I knew that I would need to contact them when we returned home to confirm. I received confirmation from Costco via e-mail within a few minutes of calling. I would definitely contact your TA and make sure they have your reservation in their system and ask them for confirmation. The CM at the future cruise desk told me that I would not receive an e-mail from them since I was using a TA, but that I should receive one from the TA. Some send the confirmations without prompting, while others need to be contacted to complete the process.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your replies.

We did put it in the drop box and received a quote, but my DH wanted to change to a balcony and popped up to the desk. Somebody from GS spoke to him and took the form, and after a day without another quote I went to the OBB desk.

I think I will email TA to see if she has received anything.

The guy told us that we would get an email as confirmation from both parties. Next time I will ensure to get a print off!

Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Disney mam
Mouseketeer

Just got an email back from my TA and she is not surprised at all. She says she hasn't received anything from any of the ships in weeks.

I wonder what's going on with Disney? Making everyone else do the work for them by the looks of it.

At least my TA is on the case now.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

I don't recall getting a confirmation email when I booked on board. It was a while later, and we received the confirmation via snail mail. By that time I had called to upgrade category & switched rooms. (So I was a little confused that it was the old room #) When I switched our cabin by calling DCL I did get a confirmation email right away.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I booked onboard and had not received anything from Disney or Costco after a week. I called Costco and they had to contact Disney to find the reservation. Call your TA and have them contact DCL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: