Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo
Dis Veteran

If FD is extended after Sep 25- will they add more openings?

I had always thought that once you had a room only reservation, if FD came available, you could convert the room only reservation to a package reservation. I had booked room only at POFQ for checkin date of Sept 29, then recently decided we could get away earlier, to check-in on Sept 25.
When I called to convert the reservation, I was told there was no availability left for the FQ. She explained that there are only so many FD packages available per resort, and most were snapped up when the FD offer was released. The only moderate available for my dates was CB, which we are not interested in. I am keeping my room only, summer discount rate reservation, but wonder, if FD is extended further, whether extra FD packages will be made available for those late Sept dates, or will they only add availability for further into October.
Does anyone have any experience with this happening?

Also- has anyone had any luck in calling back and catching someone's cancelled FD package? If so- are you calling daily, weekly, or when?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The CM is correct that only a limited number of rooms is allocated for any special offer so whether you already have a room or even a package doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to convert your current res to the special offer. So if you want to take advantage of a special promo it's best to book it as soon as it is available.

Disney determines how many rooms in each room category at each resort they will include based on how many rooms are still available. If the resort/room cat already has enough bookings or doesn't need to be discounted to be sold out it won't be included (e.g. LM rooms at AoA). There's no way of knowing exactly which resorts or the number of rooms per room category will be included if FD is extended.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #3
Cookie Princess
My vote would be chocolate lava cake with ice cream from CA Grill
I am most certainly going to be sampling those liquid treats

I am in the same boat. We have just decided on another WDW vacation during FD time and the resort options are minimal. However, I can get a really good deal on CBR so we may just go with that.
Cookie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
mrcarder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo View Post
Also- has anyone had any luck in calling back and catching someone's cancelled FD package? If so- are you calling daily, weekly, or when?
Yes, but not intentionally, our trip two years ago. We wanted to try to stay at POFQ (hadn't been there before)with FD, nothing was available, so we booked another resort. We called back about a week later to make some change or add request, and a room was available. So yes, this is possible, if the offer is still available. My wife was talking to the CM, but my recollection is that they told her FD rooms do open when people cancel, and particularly near when trip payment is due. Good luck
mrcarder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: