Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
jockotaco
Mouseketeer

Sports Simulator

Looking for advice on the sports simulator. The only day available to book is the Castaway Cay day at 3:00. We leave CC at 4:30 so we would get on the ship early. Thinking my almost 3 year old who loves goofy/ mickey and ball sports might get a kick out of it and would most likely be waking up from his nap about this time. Not sure if the other kids (9 and 6) will want to go back to the ship or stay on the island. For $20 I figured what the hell. Anyone use it or thoughts on my logic?
jockotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockotaco
Looking for advice on the sports simulator. The only day available to book is the Castaway Cay day at 3:00. We leave CC at 4:30 so we would get on the ship early. Thinking my almost 3 year old who loves goofy/ mickey and ball sports might get a kick out of it and would most likely be waking up from his nap about this time. Not sure if the other kids (9 and 6) will want to go back to the ship or stay on the island. For $20 I figured what the hell. Anyone use it or thoughts on my logic?
Do it!
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
Disneygirl NY
Mouseketeer

The first time we cruised on the Dream in 2011, my boys were 5 and 8 and went in with their cousins who were 10 and 13 and they had a blast, took turns for the whole hour. This past Jan., they were now 7 and 10, and they enjoyed it again. They found it a little difficult with some sports, but they are soccer players and liked that portion of it. For $20, it's a bargain to do something different, but it does get hot in that booth. Not a lot of ventilation.
Disneygirl NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

I booked it for our August cruise. With the heat, I hope I don't regret it.

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
crafty91
DIS Veteran

IMO, I wouldn't leave Castaway Cay early for any reason! Certainly not for the sports simulator. Our kids have done it and very much enjoy it but once you are on Castaway Cay I really don't think you are going to want to go back early. I also suspect you can get on a waiting list for other days and times, people book things all the time then cancel so I suspect you can get another day. Also know that the sports simulator is open when you board and unless they have changed its free until sail away. So just board as early as you can and head on up to try it out, very rarely is anyone in there on embarkation day!
Magic March 2010
Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Fantasy Maiden Voyage March 2012
Fantasy Western July 2012
Fantasy Western March Spring Break 2013
Fantasy March 2014 Western Caribbean
Magic Mediterranean July 2014 (Became Platinum!)

NEXT: Fantasy Eastern March Spring Break 2015
crafty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Moxin
Mouseketeer

We did it with a four year old back in November. Hated it. I hope they get rid of it, to be honest. There were two guys in the other booth doing the golf, they left halfway through and asked for a refund because it just wasn't very good.

My daughter enjoyed it for about 15 mins, then got bored as well. It doesn't work all that great, and yeah, it gets hot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: