Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Bigdog2003
Earning My Ears

Checking in online

We are heading to pop century in June. This is our first trip to Disney World. Do we need to check in online or can we just wait till we arrive? Are there any benifits of checking in online? Also any other tips on a first time trip are welcomed.
Bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

If you check in online, your welcome packet will be ready for you when you arrive. Also, there is a separate line for guests that did online check in.
WisconsinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Online Check In = Fast Pass for checking in. You're in, you're out - you're on your way to the parks!

Some folks have heard you can't or shouldn't if you have specific room requests. I have not found this to be the case. We have used online check in very successfully the past few trips and have received our room requests.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
FigmentFan1975
Earning My Ears

I've never tried online check-in (we probably will try it before we go in August), but the one thing against it I would add - if you are a first time visitor to Disney (and it looks like you are), then it might not be good for you. Its meant to speed the check-in process along, but if you think you might be at the desk asking a lot of questions, needing an explanation about the room "keys" on your key to the world cards, and a variety of other first timer questions, then you might want to try the regular check-in line.
Thats what I've heard anyhow - maybe someone else can add to this.
Have a great time!
FigmentFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Be careful if you have a teen in your party and you want them to have charging privleges with their card.

I made the mistake of doing online check-in and DD15's card was automatically set up so she could NOT charge which defeated the whole point of being able to check-in quickly when we arrived. They had to reprogram a new card to allow charging privleges.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

They let you ask as many questions as you want at the online checkin desk as at the other. You're still special, you still get magic - your paperwork is just already done for you.
AND yes if you want someone other than the adults in your party to have charging privileges you should let them know because by default they don't give kids charging privileges!

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Bigdog2003
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the quick responses. We did a Disney cruise in May so my family is up on the key cards but we have quite a few traveling with us that have never done anything disney so I think we will just wait to check in when we arrive.
Bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog2003 View Post
Thanks for all the quick responses. We did a Disney cruise in May so my family is up on the key cards but we have quite a few traveling with us that have never done anything disney so I think we will just wait to check in when we arrive.
That's a very good idea. Use online check in for no (or don't care) requests but use the regular line for asking questions about the resort or park hours or transportation or anything else. Then you can just take your time.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: