Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #76
sabnrob06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellosno View Post
Today we were checking in at Boardwalk and got upgraded to the vice presidential suite! By far the biggest surprise ever apparently there was a late cancelation. Best room ive ever seen or dreamed to have been in and an absolutely stunning view of the boardwalk and the lake!
Good for you! That is great! Hubby and I will be heading to Boardwalk Thursday night for a Kid Free weekend! First one we've had in years! Secretly hoping for an upgrade!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #77
rosanne91
Mouseketeer

We spent 6 days at AKL in august. We booked standard view but were upgraded to savanna view !!! We were celebrating our anniversary so we were very excited. Headed to POP for our DD's sweet 16 the first week of December . Is it too much to wish for more pixie dust???

1986 Off Site
1987 Off Site
1988 Off Site
1990 OFF Site
2004 All Star Music
2006 All Star Music
2007 Pop Centry
2008 Pop Century
2009 Caribbean Beach
2010 All Star Music, Caribbean Beach

2012 Caribbean Beach
2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Christmas 2013 Pop Century
rosanne91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #78
gorkt
Mouseketeer

These are fun stories.

Technically I got upgraded but I actually refused it. I had wanted to stay at the WL for a long time. Our plane was delayed and we ended up getting to the WL really late. At check in they said that they had a shortage of rooms due to a plumbing problem and they offered us a tower room at the Contempory Resort. Since that was my least favorite resort and I REALLY wanted to experience WL, I refused.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #79
rajahfan7
Mouseketeer

My first trip in 10 years I booked for AKL. I was already getting a value villa and BOOM when I got there... a savannah view! I also had free dining that week so it was just all around amazing.

This year WL gave me a room where I could see fireworks at MK.

rajahfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #80
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Wow, these pixie dust upgrades are awesome! If we were ever upgraded to choose another resort, I would pick Poly ^_^

We've never had any upgrades like this ... at all. BUT last year we had a POR at a Royal Room (we did pay for) and we ended up getting a corner room! I think it was a handicap room cause it was very different and larger ^_^

That's about it. But hey, any stay on resort is an upgrade to me!
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #81
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

I have already put this on a thread recently, but I'll put my upgrade in.
We were supposed to be in a Garden Cottage @ BWI for Oct. & I had been trying to change it because I heard it's more for Honeymooners & there was myself, DH, DD-14, & DS-17.
I got a call stating that our room that we were staying in was being renovated -they are taking out the sofa beds downstairs, so she asked me if it was ok that she put us in a 2 Bdrm suite @ BWI-SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #82
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I have already put this on a thread recently, but I'll put my upgrade in.
We were supposed to be in a Garden Cottage @ BWI for Oct. & I had been trying to change it because I heard it's more for Honeymooners & there was myself, DH, DD-14, & DS-17.
I got a call stating that our room that we were staying in was being renovated -they are taking out the sofa beds downstairs, so she asked me if it was ok that she put us in a 2 Bdrm suite @ BWI-SO EXCITED!!!!!!
WOW! How exciting. Happy for you
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #83
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
WOW! How exciting. Happy for you
Thank you!! Soo excited!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #84
Deb123
Mouseketeer

About 2 yrs ago, during the busy week of 4th of July, our family of 4 had 2 preferred connecting rooms booked at Pop. We checked in very early that morning and was told room was not ready, but we would get the test later on when it was. Well, the test never came. That afternoon, I went back up to the front desk to be told that the resort was booked SOLID with NO rooms available. The people who were in the rooms that were assigned to us had had a medical emergency that resulted to them being hospitalized. Due to this, they could not check out and Disney was not going to go into their room and remove their things. The front desk apologized over and over to us that there wasn't any rooms to put us in. They told us they were calling around to find somewhere to put us. So, after another hr, we were being told that they had 2 connecting rooms at the Beach Club for us PLUS they were giving us a $100 Disney gift card for our inconvienence! Our trip was planned on limited funds and this was really an unexpected blessing for us (even though I felt bad for the people who were in the hospital!) Of course this upgrade totally started my husband's love of the Beach Club and we have since stayed there many times!
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #85
Deb123
Mouseketeer

And also last month we were staying just 1 night at All Star Music in a standard room before checking in for a 6 night stay at POR. When we got there, we were told they had upgraded us to the family suite because there were a lot of tour groups there and they wanted to keep them together. We were really impressed with the Family Suite and would happily book and pay for hat in the future!
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #86
DvF Diva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
The best surprise was when we checked in near midnight in Atlantic City for my birthday. We got an upgrade that was a 2 bedroom suite, with a happy birthday wish from the desk clerk. Our room was two rooms with a dash in-between, like 1102-1103. Inside that main door, was two more doors, one labeled 1102, the other 1103. (that's just an example, I forget the room numbers!) The first room had a dining room, kitchen, wetbar, living room, a huge bathroom, it had a hottub that could sleep 3 and two showers!! One stall one and one with a bathtub!
My favorite part of OP's post was that the hottub could sleep 3.
:giggle:
Must've been a fun birthday!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #87
songkat
Mouseketeer

Back in October of 2008, my dad and stepmom did a spur-of-the-moment long weekend trip to WDW, and decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. As they were checking in, they were asked if it was a special occasion trip. When they said, "no", the CM said, "come on, there's nothing you can think of that you might be celebrating??" The CM was smiling and willing them to say so, so they said something (I don't remember what) and were immediately upgraded to the concierge level of WL!

They had such a lovely time, and considering that my stepmom's mother was seriously ill (and passed away a few weeks after they returned home), it was some well-needed pixie dust right before a rather sad Christmas.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #88
lpandorf
DIS Veteran

We booked a reservation at POR one year. We loved POR the one time we stayed there in the past and were excited to return. When I checked in the CM said they overbooked and asked if she could move us to a different resort. When I asked where she replied to Old Key West. We had never stayed in a deluxe resort and were happy for the upgrade and to move to the studio room and try out a new resort. They called a cab, handed us $10 and we were on our way within 10 minutes. Had a great time at OKW that year.
2007 SSR
2008 OKW
2009 Vero Beach
2010 HHI
2011 DCL
2012 Offsite
2013 AKV
2014 WL
lpandorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #89
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Mine isn't a true upgrade, but it put a huge smile on my family's faces. Last November, we headed down to celebrate my 40th birthday. We are DVC members and booked a 2 bdrm. When we walked up to our room, I noticed that we were in a corner room off the lobby. The 2 bdrm we were assigned was not your typical 2 bdrm. It was gigantic. We had so much space! Our kids were blown away.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #90
White Rose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvF Diva View Post
My favorite part of OP's post was that the hottub could sleep 3.
:giggle:
Must've been a fun birthday!
LOL! Well the worst part is that it was SO late we could not show it to anyone but my hubby!! It was midnight when we checked in and I called friends, but it was just too late and too far away. We had a whole extra hotel room and pull out sofas...and it was just us. Crazy! And the hot tub was VERY welcome!! LOL. I swear it was a mini pool!
Past Trips:
2013: Poly, Platinum Plan, 10th Anniversary, Disney Dream
2008: Poly, Platinum Plan 5th anniversary
2003: AKL. Platinum Plan Honeymoon (Grand Marshals: HS Stars and Cars Parade)
1999: POFQ
1992: Swan
1986: CR
1980: Golf Resort / Disney Inn (Now Shades of Green)
White Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: