Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
waffles77
Mouseketeer

7 in 7 Podcasts - One Negative Nelly

I am really enjoying watching the podcasts from the 7 Resorts in 7 Nights reviews. There is a lot of great information and I love all the tips and video shots. It's really helpful.

I find one thing that is not helpful - Craig. All he does is complain about everything.

Nothing is ever good enough for him and everything seems to be a problem. I am unable to trust anything that he has to say because it always seems to be negative.

Cheer up, Craig!! You are in the happiest place on Earth!

I'll send some pixie dust your way so some better things happen for you.

Last edited by waffles77; 06-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
waffles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't feel this way with past 7 in 7 episodes and always thought everyone was honest in their opinions, both good and bad. I would not like a review that was all glowing; hearing negatives and positives helps me decide on a resort.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
waffles77
Mouseketeer

I absolutely agree that a review should have positives and negatives. They should not all be glowing reviews. I think the rest of the team does a great job mixing pluses and minuses for each resort. Like I said, I really am enjoying them and getting some good information.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
waffles77
Mouseketeer

I changed the Title because I thought that my point may have been confusing. I don't think the podcast is all bad stuff at all.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

I didn't get that from Craig. Maybe I need to go back and re watch the 7 in 7. I appreciate their honest reviews and it helps me as someone who deals with Disney travel

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
disney david
DIS Veteran

i think craig is more shy then the others so he my not be as comfortable and comes across as complaining more. because the pepper market review he sounded negative but i don't think he meant that complain in a bad way. i think he meant it in a way to show that they have big portions and wish it was smaller. i don't want to offend craig but i think that why we have to give him some more time on the show to get comfortable. the best podcast was when he decided to go after john about what he said about universal. i also think he more of a universal fan because he perks up more when he or someone on the show brings up universal.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Kristina
DIS Veteran

I think Craig, well he's just great and for me what he brings to the discussion is always positive even if he wasn't thrilled with his sandwich or whatever it happens to be. He has an obvious enthusiasm and love for the parks and it comes across in just the right measure I think. No matter what I'm sure we want the team to feel free to be themselves and that format or way of approching the show has made it the success it is so I say good job Craig!

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
mommy2allgirls
Stay out of the damn lakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I think Craig, well he's just great and for me what he brings to the discussion is always positive even if he wasn't thrilled with his sandwich or whatever it happens to be. He has an obvious enthusiasm and love for the parks and it comes across in just the right measure I think. No matter what I'm sure we want the team to feel free to be themselves and that format or way of approching the show has made it the success it is so I say good job Craig!
Great way of putting it and I totally agree with this!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
mommy2allgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I noticed that with craig a lot this time too. I think maybe he's one that pays a lot of attention to detail. When I go to a resort I'm not going to freak out if there's a scuff on a cabinet like they had mentioned. A resort to me is a place to relax after your long day in the parks. I'm not going to spend entire days at the resort maybe one day but that's about it. I think when your only focusing on resorts and thats it you begin to notice a lot more than the normal guests would. You also kind of need that that person that points out the problems you may have forgot about or overlooked.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #10
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I never saw Craig as being negative. He was giving his honest opinion. I enjoy Disney and love my time there but its not magical every second.

If you don't care for some way something is done you should say so. No pixie dust is needed here.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

I just watched them yesterday (well, most of them) after seeing this thread and I can not say that I agree with the OP. I did not find Craig to be overly negative in his reviews at all. He was truthful.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

When I read OP's post I really had to stop and think, I watched the show, but didn't remember Craig specifically complaining. I thought the reviews were great, they talked about the good and the bad. I listened to the reviews again today and didn't find Craig all negative. The things he said about BLT were things I have heard before and he just came across as expressing his honest opinion.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
When I read OP's post I really had to stop and think, I watched the show, but didn't remember Craig specifically complaining. I thought the reviews were great, they talked about the good and the bad. I listened to the reviews again today and didn't find Craig all negative. The things he said about BLT were things I have heard before and he just came across as expressing his honest opinion.
I agree with you. I don't agree with the OP's assessment especially that he needs to cheer up or needs pixie dust. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean we shouldn't hear the good or bad no matter how "happy" the place is supposed to be.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I repectfuly completely disagree with OP.

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Yeah, I have to disagree too. I think Craig fits in perfectly with the team and I've really enjoyed his contributions. I've never gotten that impression at all and I really hope he doesn't feel self-conscious about giving his honest opinions after this.

Ok, we need someone to start a Craigory fan group of some sort!
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: