Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Fanny packs!

Who here uses them in WDW??? I plan to for my up coming trip and BOY am I getting GRIEF about it! From people who won't even be with me! Now I don't care and will use it anyway, but geez! No they aren't sexy but they sure are convenient and if you're going to WDW to make a fashion statement, you're doing WDW wrong!! :rotfl
Old 06-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

I get what you are saying. I found as the days went on, we needed less and less to tote along. I got one of these in the Gift Shop...very handy for cards, cash, etc.

Also, when I do carry a bag, it is this one. It can cross body, has lots of pockets and is VERY light. I got it at AAA. There are 3 sizes, this is the smallest

I feel your pain about the fanny packs. They get a bad rap but they are very functional!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
pieface
Mouseketeer

I wear a fanny pack every day man it is convenient you know where everything is all the time. When the rest of the family can't find their wallet or keys I know where mine is. Plus it is Damn hard for some one to steal anything. A lot of people use them at Disney. I have never had anyone say anything about my fanny pack and if they did I would not give a Damn wear it you'll b glad you did.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
I get what you are saying. I found as the days went on, we needed less and less to tote along. I got one of these in the Gift Shop...very handy for cards, cash, etc.

Also, when I do carry a bag, it is this one. It can cross body, has lots of pockets and is VERY light. I got it at AAA. There are 3 sizes, this is the smallest

I feel your pain about the fanny packs. They get a bad rap but they are very functional!

I like both of those! The top one wouldn't work for me cause I need a place to carry a camera. I use a crossbody for my everyday purse and it doesn't appeal to me to use one in WDW. However, I may stop into my AAA and see if they have that bottom one and check it out!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
karenklo
DIS Veteran

We always use one at Disney!! So convenient! You are not at risk of slamming someone else with a backpack when you whirl around (which I and my kids have happen to them)! You do not have to remove it for rides and risk leaving it behind on the ride. All our stuff is in front of us so hard to steal! We have small one that holds cameras and two water bottles. Make fun of us if you wish, but we love them at Disney!!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
tiggermurr
Mouseketeer

I purchased a crossover Mickey pouch bag in Disney in 2010 and that is now what I use. However everyone else in my family uses a fanny pack! They are convenient! I would use it if I didn't like my other bag so much!
tiggermurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

I use one at Disney as well and have to hear about it as well. I don't care because I just find it very convenient to carry everything I need and still be hands free.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Disney is one of those places you can do things you normally don't do at home, ie., use a fanny pack every day, wear Disney clothing, wear ears on your head!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

1. Who cares if it's not a Fashion Statement?

2. I went shopping SPECIFICALLY to find a NEW fanny pack for this trip!! Found a great, bright pink one at Dicks's sporting goods!!

3. You cannot beat the security and the convenience of a fanny pack.

Whoohooooo
rccllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Who here uses them in WDW??? I plan to for my up coming trip and BOY am I getting GRIEF about it! From people who won't even be with me! Now I don't care and will use it anyway, but geez! No they aren't sexy but they sure are convenient and if you're going to WDW to make a fashion statement, you're doing WDW wrong!! :rotfl
Like I always say on these threads. Everyone makes fun of me for my fanny pack but then when they need someone to hold their stuff while they ride the rides guess who they come to!! Never ever fails that way lol
bella2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Disney is one of those places you can do things you normally don't do at home, ie., use a fanny pack every day, wear Disney clothing, wear ears on your head!
So true!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

I use one at Disney, just can't beat the convenience. But I try to remember to remove it for pictures.
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
I wear a fanny pack every day man it is convenient you know where everything is all the time. When the rest of the family can't find their wallet or keys I know where mine is. Plus it is Damn hard for some one to steal anything. A lot of people use them at Disney. I have never had anyone say anything about my fanny pack and if they did I would not give a Damn wear it you'll b glad you did.
Same for me... Small Disney Grumpy hip pouch... 2pockets, holds everything I need ( which isn't much) but I don't have to constantly check my pockets to see if anything fell out... All safe and secure within a hand reach... To hell with fashion... Ease of use and security for me!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
vleeth
I heart Disney

Disney is the ONLY time I use one.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
cllrn
Mouseketeer

I carry my Vera Bradley Mini Hipster--very lightweight, small yet big enough to carry all the essentials for the day--and fashionable! It has a very narrow, long strap so it can be worn crossbody on the hip.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001725.uts
cllrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: