Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Lolsmum
DIS Veteran

Best resort for November

We're planning a trip in mid-November and absolutely cannot decide on a resort. We've been once before and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which we loved, but feel we should try staying somewhere else.

If money were not an issue (it is, but let's just pretend) where would you stay for a 10 night family trip with a 7 year old and a 9 year old?
Lolsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Money can be an issue, but for us, after 49 trips... We're MK fans, and we're golden agers!!

That said our favorite and most returned to resort has been the WL, there after many trips to the CR...

And again, that said, our last 2 trips have been to POFQ.... The only moderate resort we do consider in our choices... Very compact, easy to get around, good food court choices and a boat ride to DTD.... It's a break from our norm...

We have AP's and getting 3 trips out of them, one trip to WL, and 2 to POFQ....no other resorts fit into our equations.... We've done all the deluxe except BW and narrowed down our best, we have no desire to try all the resorts and the stand outs for us are WL and POFQ!!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Main Street Matilda
Mouseketeer

We have always gone the first or second week of November and the weather is still pretty nice temperature-wise (although it can vary), and so, with children of that age, pool time will be very do-able. Assuming that you don't really have a preference for location, I would recommend looking at the pools and seeing which pool area appeals to you and your children. I personally would strongly consider BC and YC for Storm Along Bay. I also like the location of those resorts, being so close to both Epcot and the Studios.

1985- Off Property
1986 - Off Property
2002 - Yacht Club
2004 - Off Property (Vistana Village)
2006 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
2007 - Saratoga Springs
2009 - Kidani Village
2010 - Fort Wilderness
2011 - Bay Lake Towers
2013 - Fort Wilderness and Old Key West
2014 - 7-day Disney Cruise!
Main Street Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

BC/YC or GF. GF is great in November with all the Christmas decorations. But we really love the location of BC/YC as well.
Minnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #5
NC Disney Fan
Live long Disney Lover and visitor

I guess I am just a traditionalist because I would hands down say the Polynesian! You just can't beat the amenities and it is not too fancy to not connect with the kids. With the Polynesian comes the great volcano pool , a beach, hammocks abounding and a tropical homey feel. With balconies, being on the monorail system so you can easy travel and being on the Seven Seas Lagoon where you always have a view of the most magical place on earth, the Magic Kingdom , I think this is a hands down favorite!

I stayed there as a 13 year old for a week and loved it. Now that I am a MUCH older woman and with kids, we wish money weren't an issue and we could stay there, not just visit to eat at our fav restaurant in Disney--Ohanas. Oh well, maybe you and your family can experience the magic!!

Me (46), DH (50), DD (13), DD (11)
2007 All Star Movies,2008 All Star Movies, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Movies, 2012 Pop Century
2013 Port Orleans French Quarter 2014 Nov. [/I]Port Orleans French Quarter

1971-2000 30+ visits (as I was a FL resident)
NC Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: