Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

For 2 credits you can get a better meal elsewhere. I think most steak houses are overrated anyway. It's not that hard to cook a good one at home so I never order it when dining out.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Mum and Gram are at Bingo tonight, so it's cereal for dinner. "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
#1hoosierfan
DIS Veteran

No- we enjoyed it for lunch... Even paying OOP. Now with the menu change and price jump, we probably won't return. We didn't like it THAT much.
March 2012 - CBR
October 2011 (wine and dine half-marathon)
March 2011, June 2010
#1hoosierfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #18
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

We still go, but instead of going twice a trip now (usually a 2 week vacation), we now only go once. We use to enjoy lunch here, but now it's a dinner menu for lunch. Now when we go, my DH still gets an entree, but I only get appetizers. Last month I got the cheese soup and a house salad. We don't use the DDP, but do have the Tiw. I use to get the ceasar salad and soup, but do the appetizer salad now since the chicken ceasar salad is gone. I did try the mac/cheese side item last month and didn't like it. My DD was excited last month to get a walk in at lunch time, only to find out the lunch menu had changed (guess she missed that conversation with me). She too only got appetizers for lunch. She did mention that the table next to her got only appetizers for lunch too! I see a pattern. Personally I go for the soup and pretzel bread, so I'm fine with that. My adult kids use to love the burger, but too is gone.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
rachael95
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone, I completely forgot about the maple creme brulee and I shouldn't have since my DH STILL talks about it.

@figment_jii We are doing Tusker House for breakfast character meal, so that's kind of set in stone. We're doing Liberty Tree for dinner since I liked the idea of doing family style with our DS who is 18 mo.

If we are paying oop, where would you suggest instead? Or what other places as a 1 TS credit would be good to try? I wonder if we could go in and just get that creme bruelee for DH....

For those who are interested in other suggestions, here's a run-down of what has been suggested already. I'll try to edit this as others come. I'm also putting the Dis rating in () next to the name.

Le Cellier (8.3) rating VS:

Signature Restaurants
Yachtsman Steakhouse (9.0)

1 TS Credit or Out of Pocket
Captain's Grille (6.7)
Olivia's Cafe (7.5)
Sanaa (8.8)
San Angel Inn (6.1)
Raglan Road (8.2)
Kouzzina (No rating)
Portobello (5.0)

*Off Property - August 1999 *AKL - September 2003 *Dolphin - December 2004 *POR - May 2005 *Off Property - October 2005 *1/2 day at AK after conference Oct. 2007*Off Property - September 2014 (DS first trip)
rachael95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
belle912
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier is a MUST do for my family. We hit up WDW about every other year on average and it is at the top of the restaurant requests for many of our family (my 4 and the extended family ). I don't know that I would use 2 Credits for it - I would pay oop for sure!
belle912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
ls3015
Mouseketeer

no not worth it< don"t waste your time
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 AM   #22
JoeATC
Earning My Ears

We had 2 ressies for our trip in early June. I cancelled one and decided to give it a shot for lunch. We (4) split two steaks, I had the ravioli app and cheddar cheese soup. My daughter also ordered the choc mousse. With a TiW card the bill came to $144. I was under the impression the steak was now 12 ounces but no, it is still 8 ounces. The soup went from $6 to $10, the dessert is about $8 now. The other app was about $12 IIRC. Now I was a fully informed consumer when I walked in, but there was no "food/dining upgrade" in my opinion. You are getting the exact same meals and service, but now at a premium price. Definitely not worth it!

We spoke with the manager about the changes and voiced our displeasure. Don't know if it does any good but we thought they needed to hear it first hand. We had always enjoyed Le Cellier on our previous trips but it now lays in the Disney Dining scrap heap with several others.

The thing that cracks me up the most is the fact they sell it like some high falutin' meal. No, you still get to see diaper clad toddlers placed on the tables, kids running in the restaurant and my personal favorite, armpits in all their glory from the sleeveless t-shirts LOL.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:55 AM   #23
khibs
Mouseketeer

Love Le Cellier but Jiko's is my favourite!
khibs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: