Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Personally, I do a TA for the onboard credit. I love free money.
There is no cost to you for their services. As a matter of fact, they are your personal valet whe things go wrong or you need changes.
I was iffy about using a TA, but I think I love mine (Jo @ Small World Vacations). She really is great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayesq View Post
I decided to go with a TA because of the OBC and in room gift. Can't beat free money. I'm in South Florida and she is in Texas (Small World Vacations).
www.smallworldvacations.com

FYI - when posting the name of a TA PLEASE post the full url of the website to make sure they pass thru the DISboard filters. If the url is not allowed to be posted on DIS it will show up as ************** and the poster may receive an infraction for a filter violation. This DIS has set up their own guidelines for posting and everyone should adhere to them since you had to agree to them when you first joined DIS.
Also, it is against the guidelines to post/advertise that you are a TA unless you have prior permission from the webmasters. Anyone mentioning they are a TA and does not have permission to do so will have their post removed and given and infraction.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

What if they don't have a website?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #18
kventventx
Mouseketeer

We are cursing the Med in two weeks; we are flying from San Diego to London and then to Barcelona. We are flying British Airways and they have changed the plane, itinerary, and flight times four times. Each time a change was made BA wanted us to repay for our seat assignments because it was a new flight or a different plane. Our TA is the one who stayed diligent and on the phones to make sure we didn't incur any additional fees.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I also went through Dreams Unlimited due to the on board credit.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #20
over50visits
DIS Veteran

The "cost" of a TA is you lose control over your reservation - if you call Disney they won't talk to you. Want soemthing special? As your TA, wait for them to ask Disney, then wait for the answer. Some feel that inconvenience is worth the OBC. We've done it both ways, and now we find that dealing directly with Disney is priceless.

However, some do like TAs. As long as they'll talk to you on the phone, that should work well for you, and you can spend time chatting with a knowledgeable agent if you have questions or concerns. We used one once that would not give us a phone number, made us only use emails, that was for the birds. And back-and-forth discussion can take forever, one email at a time!

Lots of choices. Some big agencies specialize in Disney, and bring a lot of experience to the interaction. Or, you may have have a hometown favorite agent you want to deal with because you have the personal assurance they really do have your best interest at heart. And Costco seems to get a lot of praise here.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #21
aggroamerican
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
The "cost" of a TA is you lose control over your reservation - if you call Disney they won't talk to you. Want soemthing special? As your TA, wait for them to ask Disney, then wait for the answer. Some feel that inconvenience is worth the OBC. We've done it both ways, and now we find that dealing directly with Disney is priceless.

However, some do like TAs. As long as they'll talk to you on the phone, that should work well for you, and you can spend time chatting with a knowledgeable agent if you have questions or concerns. We used one once that would not give us a phone number, made us only use emails, that was for the birds. And back-and-forth discussion can take forever, one email at a time!

Lots of choices. Some big agencies specialize in Disney, and bring a lot of experience to the interaction. Or, you may have have a hometown favorite agent you want to deal with because you have the personal assurance they really do have your best interest at heart. And Costco seems to get a lot of praise here.
I've not had that experience. I've called Disney previously and have gotten direct responses. Had to have the reservation number, but that's it. I do like the TA having the ability to change things so I don't have the hassle though!
aggroamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Can you tell me about the Costco deals? How did you get so much off?
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #23
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Can you tell me about the Costco deals? How did you get so much off?
They give you back about 9% of your cruise fare back in the form of a Costco cash card when you return.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #24
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillauFr View Post

They give you back about 9% of your cruise fare back in the form of a Costco cash card when you return.
Any OBC?
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #25
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over50visits View Post
This is the reason I was hesitant to use a TA -- giving up that all important "control" over the reservation. In the end, the incentive offered by Costco was enough to make me willing to give them a try. Even though their reps don't know all the ins and outs of DCL, I like that they are accessible by phone. A few weeks after I booked our 2014 Med cruise, a secret verandah room opened up (I had been checking daily). I was nervous because I knew that it could get snapped up quickly. I got right on the phone to Costco and explained the situation. The room was not showing as available in Costco's system, so the rep called DCL. Initially it was not showing at DCL's end either, but after going back and forth a few times it popped into inventory and they were able to snag it for me. This is a great example of a time-sensitive issue that required cooperation between a TA and DCL -- and the bottom line is that it got done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Any OBC?
The cash card is instead of an OBC. Some prefer an OBC so they will have extra money to spend while on the cruise. Personally, the total dollar amount is more important to me. The money is all coming out of the same pot in the end. Some here have reported that they were able to take their cash card to customer service at Costco and redeem it for cash.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #26
GAKoch
Mouseketeer

Love Dreams

I have to say that Beth at DU was invaluable to me this time around. We had to make changes to who was going in the last few weeks and she was able to work with Disney and answer all my questions about options so that there was minimal cost and headache for us. (there's more to it, but I think if I didn't have her we would've had to pay much more). The OBC is definitely an incentive, but my peace of mind is worth a lot also!
I did use Costco for a Princess to Alaska cruise 2 years ago and was able to save about $600 over any other offer I could find - well worth it, but DU has my business for anything Disney!

Sailing in 3 days - woo hoo!

GA
GAKoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #27
ThePicketts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill

www.smallworldvacations.com

FYI - when posting the name of a TA PLEASE post the full url of the website to make sure they pass thru the DISboard filters. If the url is not allowed to be posted on DIS it will show up as ************** and the poster may receive an infraction for a filter violation. This DIS has set up their own guidelines for posting and everyone should adhere to them since you had to agree to them when you first joined DIS.
Also, it is against the guidelines to post/advertise that you are a TA unless you have prior permission from the webmasters. Anyone mentioning they are a TA and does not have permission to do so will have their post removed and given and infraction.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Yikes! Very sorry.
ThePicketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
Fanboy
Mouseketeer

I wanted to book my cruise through my Disney TA but due to Ontario travel regulations they cannot offer any sweetening of the offer, so no OBC.

I ended up straddling the line, going with Travelocity and getting both a very decent OBC and a hotel credit while dealing with a human being.

Still booking my WDW stay through the Disney agent and will book all my future stays through her agency as well as they do offer a great service, but I can't turn down hundreds of dollars -- I'M ONLY HUMAN!
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #29
expectingthemagic
Dream It Do It

Travel Agents - What are the Benefits?

Sorry, incorrect post!

Last edited by expectingthemagic; 07-07-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: incorrect post
expectingthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: