Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
macgarson
Earning My Ears

Requesting room at Poly?

Is it possible to request a 1st floor room with patio at the Poly? Are requests usually honored? Any negative results when requesting a specific type of room (ie ending up in a worse room than if you hadn't requested a specific type of room)?
macgarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
nfrank
Mouseketeer

That is actually one of the options given when you make your requests during online check-in. It should be fine.

January 25 - 31, 2014 - Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland/Tokyo DisneySea) - Offsite (Hotel Lumiere Kasai)
July 25 - 28, 2013 - Disney Cruise Line - Disney Dream
July 19 - 25, 2013 - Walt Disney World - Disney's Polynesian Resort
October 24 - 30, 2012 - Walt Disney World - Coronado Springs Resort
nfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgarson View Post
Is it possible to request a 1st floor room with patio at the Poly? Are requests usually honored? Any negative results when requesting a specific type of room (ie ending up in a worse room than if you hadn't requested a specific type of room)?
Yes, you can definitely request first floor patio . Keep in mind that it's just a request, but the CM will do everything he/she can to accommodate you. For our Poly stay, I requested Samoa, first floor, facing volcano pool (in that order). The first 2 requests were met, with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next day. We didn't check in until around 1:00 a.m., so we decided to stay put as I didn't want to go through the hassle of moving the next day (especially after getting in so late). Plus we had a pretty view of the quiet pool, so all was good. But I did appreciate the CM offering to move us to fulfill our last request .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
macgarson
Earning My Ears

Great. Thank you!
macgarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

We requested 1st floor Tokelau last time we stayed at the Poly. We got exactly that. I know it's not a guarantee, but we did have our request granted. We've requested the same thing for our upcoming August trip, so we hope to get it again!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
toodycat
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at the Poly for years and part of the reason we haven't returned was the customer service surrounding our room request. We had requested one building near the pool and arrived late because our flight was delayed and then our car service never showed up. We arrived at the Poly several hours later than anticipated and pretty exhausted. I asked if our room request was fulfilled and the CM said snarkily, "Well, You are very late, so we gave the room away." A simple, "No, ma'am we weren't able to do that," would have been fine. Instead, she seemed like she wanted to assign blame. Then, she sized up DS and said, "isn't he supposed to be in school?" (He wasn't. It was still summer vacation.) If I want someone to place blame and act suspicious, there are plenty of family members and co-workers I can choose from without going all the way to WDW. But, in answer to your question, the room we received was comparable to what we requested, but farther from the pool, so I don't think there's any negative to requesting a room.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: