Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
LarryBoy
Mouseketeer

ASM Room Request

My son and I are staying at ASM in late July and he really wants to stay in the Toy Story section. I have reserved a preferred room and Toy Story is already requested on our reservation. We will be arriving on a morning flight and using DME. Do we have a better chance of getting a TS room if we use online check in, or wait till we get to the resort? Any other tips?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Whether you do online check-in or not has no affect on whether you get your requests met. You've done all you can to get your requests. Just remember they are just that, requests.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

As the PP stated, room availability has nothing to do with whether you check in online or not.

And room requests are just that; if the resort is very busy, they may/may not be able to accommodate you.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
LarryBoy
Mouseketeer

Got my Final Payment Confirmation on Friday and in it Disney says, "Guests with specific room requests or needs may wish to check in directly at the resort." So I guess I will wait and check in at the resort. I don't really mind if they don't have a room ready yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
MKFan-PR
Certified MK Freak! Work is what I do for Vacation money!

Usually, when you do online check-in, it's very difficult to change your assigned room. When you do it in person, the CM has a better chance of moving you if you haven't gotten your requests since, technically, the check-in process hasn't been completed.

They do try their best to accomodate you. Toy Story was precisely my request when we stayed there our last trip, and I got it. If you don't, politely ask if they can accomodate you. As long as you have clear expectations, and ask nicely, they'll try to help you as much as they can.

'73 - Offsite w/Parents * '75 - CR w/Parents * '77 - Offsite w/Parents * '83 - Offsite w/Parents * 10/94 - CBR - DW * 09/95 - Poly - DW * 11/96 - POFQ - DW * 11/97 - WL - DW * 10/99 - CSR - DW, DD * 08/02 - CBR - DW, DD * 12/03 - Poly - DW, DD * 07-08/05 - POFQ - DW, DD * 12/08 - CBR - DW, DD * 01/12 - AS-Mo DW, DD * 01/14 - POP DW, DD
MKFan-PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
LarryBoy
Mouseketeer

That's good to know. That's what I was hoping.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: