Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygoldenhair View Post
Lol, only who is going. I'd like to take my dgs awhile school is out.
Whew! I thought it was a "Are we/Are we not going?" decision. We were going to have to talk some sense into you in that case!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #17
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Yikes, tropical cyclone could develop around 6/25!!
UGH we had to drive home through Hurrican Sandy last October. Hoping we aren't on the road or in FL when this one hits!
We're leaving 6/20 and coming home 6/30.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Lurking

Okay been lurking for a bit.... we are in Kalamazoo Michigan and everyone thinks I'm nuts but it looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to drive to Orlando even though we have 4 kids (10,7,2,&4) and we're not gonna be able to go for a year or more but just going to hang out subscribe, read posts and learn for you all.... I'm not nuts to do it right? It seems to be much more economical even though not as convenient, but it's an experience also, right?!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
Okay been lurking for a bit.... we are in Kalamazoo Michigan and everyone thinks I'm nuts but it looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to drive to Orlando even though we have 4 kids (10,7,2,&4) and we're not gonna be able to go for a year or more but just going to hang out subscribe, read posts and learn for you all.... I'm not nuts to do it right? It seems to be much more economical even though not as convenient, but it's an experience also, right?!
It's what you make of it. We look at it as an adventure. And the bright side to driving: no worry about luggage weight and a TON MORE ROOM for souveniers!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Dittz
Mouseketeer

We drove to Disney from the Niagara Region in Ontario back in 2010 with a 1 year old (it was the day after her first birthday) and at the time 4 year old (son was turning 5 during the trip). I must say it was an adventure. Hardest part was keeping the 1 year old occupied. We drove straight through, and getting ready to do it again next year!!!! I think it will be easier to keep the kids occupied this time. Oh we also leave at supper time and drive through the night.
2010 - Son's 5th Birthday trip to WDW - 1st time staying on site

Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

OMG I've been SO busy that I haven't even checked in on the new thread yet!!!

Made our first ADR for our December trip last week! It's feeling real again!!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Have a blast visiting w your daughter! 2 1/2 weeks until we leave woohoo!!! So exciting.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygoldenhair View Post
Safe travels have a wonderful visit! Post pic's when you can,
thank you!
ill see if I can get some pics of her at work. they are going to be cross training her the week we are there so she wont be in the park to often but I will get some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
OMG I've been SO busy that I haven't even checked in on the new thread yet!!!

Made our first ADR for our December trip last week! It's feeling real again!!!
Sharon!!!! I guess we are going to miss each other by about a week in December!!!! we are going down again for over Christmas. we are taking a Christmas tree again with us!! im sure briana will be working a lot but im sure she will get a day off along the week some where.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #23
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveysbydesign View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Yikes, tropical cyclone could develop around 6/25!!
UGH we had to drive home through Hurrican Sandy last October. Hoping we aren't on the road or in FL when this one hits!
We're leaving 6/20 and coming home 6/30.
we are hurricane Wilma survivors!!!! it was to hit the day we were driving down. it slowed and hit 2 days after we checked in. we went to check in and I asked, are you still checking people in? the lady said yes, why do you ask?i said theres a cat. 3 coming!!!! she looked at me, said your from pa.? im from boston, a cat. 3 around here is like getting 6 inches of snow at home.
ok, I feel better now!!!! put it in terms I can understand!!!!

i didn't know a palm tree could bend like that and not snap off!!! I have video of it. we were at okw in a one bedroom. if you didn't look outside, you would never know it was going on.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #24
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
I did it a few times, its all what you make of it. Im in outside sales and I drive almost 50k miles a year. for me, its just another day in the office.

Last edited by dvczerfs; 06-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
loveysbydesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
we are hurricane Wilma survivors!!!! it was to hit the day we were driving down. it slowed and hit 2 days after we checked in. we went to check in and I asked, are you still checking people in? the lady said yes, why do you ask?i said theres a cat. 3 coming!!!! she looked at me, said your from pa.? im from boston, a cat. 3 around here is like getting 6 inches of snow at home.
ok, I feel better now!!!! put it in terms I can understand!!!!

i didn't know a palm tree could bend like that and not snap off!!! I have video of it. we were at okw in a one bedroom. if you didn't look outside, you would never know it was going on.
LOL! We drove home through Hurricane Sandy this past Oct. as they shut down the railways at 2:00 pm while we were checking in for the autotrain!
Driving out 78 and being the only car on the road from Hamburg to Fogelsville was pretty creepy!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 06-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #26
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! We drove home through Hurricane Sandy this past Oct. as they shut down the railways at 2:00 pm while we were checking in for the autotrain!
Driving out 78 and being the only car on the road from Hamburg to Fogelsville was pretty creepy!
what day will you be getting down to wdw? we don't leave to come home till early sunday morning. if your going to be there next Friday or sat., shoot me a pm. maybe we can meet up and say hello. you can ask Sharon, im a creeper by my wife and daughter are ok.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #27
loveysbydesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
what day will you be getting down to wdw? we don't leave to come home till early sunday morning. if your going to be there next Friday or sat., shoot me a pm. maybe we can meet up and say hello. you can ask Sharon, im a creeper by my wife and daughter are ok.
We are heading down June 20th and arriving the 21st in the evening.
Planning on hitting MK on 6/22 as it is out 17th anniversary! I know it'll be packed but we're gonna take a break from 2-7!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are heading down June 20th and arriving the 21st in the evening.
Planning on hitting MK on 6/22 as it is out 17th anniversary! I know it'll be packed but we're gonna take a break from 2-7!
What time of day were you married on June 22, 1996? LOL My son was born at 5:32 pm that day!! Just found it funny!! Happy almost anniversary BTW!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom

Have any of you fellow travelers ever purchased a pre-paid visa/mastercard to use during your travel to and from Disney? We used our cc when we drove to Miami, but I was always so hesitant due to increasing cc theft and fraud. I was doing research online and I know that there are fees associated with the purchase/use and that really doesn't bother me. What I am concerned about is actually being able to use it for lunches and dinners as well as gas. Any comments or experiences would be appreciated. TIA!!

WL February 2017 for DS high school band trip * WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007*SoG 2000*Off Site 1998
Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
NYDadof3
Earning My Ears

Leaving in 1 week

My wife my 3 children (14,8,6) are leaving in 1 week. We are driving down from Long Island. We are planning on driving straight through. My kids get out of school at 11:00 am and we plan on hopping in the car and leaving from there.
Any suggestions to keep the kids from killing each other and us from killing them?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: