Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Just being in MK at night. It was so wonderful and magical. It was after Wishes so it emptied out. New Fantasyland is even more beautiful at night!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
Aquatic
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing PeterPanic. Your post made me think of my dad who always said that the best times of his life were when my brother and I were kids.
Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
ChickinMMears
Earning My Ears

Riding Horizons with my Grandfather the summer before he died. Actually, that entire trip, I would do it all again and again. I was 15 and it was the perfect trip.
ChickinMMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post
Thanks for sharing PeterPanic. Your post made me think of my dad who always said that the best times of his life were when my brother and I were kids.
Thanks and let me tell you your Dad was absolutely correct. I love my time with them now as wonderful adults, but, those days are the basis for all other memories. Sadly, we always seem to want to rush through them, then when we look back we think...where did it all go, why did it go so fast and how do I get a small piece of it back again.

I always tell my girls to enjoy their children because in the blink of an eye, they are grown and gone. It's the way it should be, but, it is a hard pill to swallow sometimes.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #35
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
My daughter, then 7, losing her slipper when walking on the staircase to go to CRT for lunch. It was her birthday and she had just left her appointment at the BBB. She was all dressed up in her princess dress and shoes...she had to stop on the staircase to retrieve her lost shoe before she could continue up to the restaurant.

That kind of stuff is priceless.
Aww too cute!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #36
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Opening day in 1971 (without the I-4 Traffic nightmare)
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
Rustyroo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
Two very special moments with my two kids at separate times- 1.) Watching my son get up on stage for the Jedi Training Academy. He did so well and loved "Fighting" Darth Vader. I wouldn't even have the courage to get up there, Darth looks scary. lol He is a huge Star Wars fan and doing that was really amazing for him, and for us to watch. Then 2.) Eating lunch in the Castle with my daughter. Beautiful memories.
This would be one of mine, watching my two sons doing JTA. So cool. My other would be when I was carrying my first born on my shoulders when he was about 3. We were watching a daytime parade, and Tigger came up to us. Now my son was a HUGE Tigger fan. Tigger proceeded to touch his little foot and wiggle it a bit. I thought my son was going to shoot straight off my shoulders into space he was so happy! I will NEVER forget that.
Rustyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #38
Ratigan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Mine was not nearly as earth moving as all of those, but, it did then and still does mean a lot to me.

Our first trip there with my wife and my two girls, age 7 and 9. It was such a departure from what we spent our days and evenings doing back in Vermont in February, that is was just an awesome experience for all of us. We rode the rides and marveled at the imagination and creation that Disney had done. None of us had even thought it was possible.

Now 30 years, one divorce and 4 grandchildren later, I sit on a bench in MK and look at young families, all with big smiles and it all comes back to me. I have to admit that there must be a lot of dust flying around MK because whenever I would think about that time, my eyes would all water up. I have lived through many, many things in my 65 years, but, nothing catches my emotions like that experience. It's probably why I return year after year, most of the time by myself, trying to recapture those feelings. Sitting on that bench does indeed transport me back to those times and memories.
This may be the most elegant, beautiful post I have ever read. Gonna squeeze my kids a little harder and hold their hands a little longer the next time I am in Disney World...
Ratigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #39
Rustyroo
Mouseketeer

And one other I just thought of: going with the grandparents, wife and kids during the Christmas holiday while I had some medical issues going on. All of us together at Disney made things so much better...
Rustyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #40
Collin WK
Mouseketeer

there's so many but one in particular was one late night on the way back to wilderness lodge on a boat in the lagoon. Just as the boat turned toward the dock the view of the resorts reflection on the lake from the moonlight was incredible. and just as I looked up sitting right next to my dad I noticed in the top of wilderness lodges hotel three lit windows in the perfect shape of Mickey Mouse. That's what makes each disney vacation special. It's not the parks, not the resorts, not the food, but the little things only disney can create.
Collin WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #41
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

My family went to MK when I was 2 and then again when I was 4. It was 1971 and 1973. I remember practically nothing about the trips.

I think it would be cool to be a fly on the wall so to speak to see the family walking around and enjoying the parks and such and to maybe take a glimpse of what the parks looked like back in the day. I think I would probably cry to see everyone so young and vibrant and especially my Mom that we lost so unexpectedly in 1991. I would also probably cringe at seeing what a complete brat I was.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #42
Howgreat
Mouseketeer

The Disney memory that will stand out in my mind forever is when DH and I took our DS when we he was 21 months old. I had had 2 miscarriages in a row and we decided to take a trip to celebrate our family, just the 3 of us. We had a wonderful time, but the last night we were there we stayed for the MEP, MM&Y, and Wishes. I know you can't see DS's face in this picture, but he and DH were just in awe the whole entire time.

It was magical and at that moment, I was so extremely grateful to have the both of them and to be able to experience everything at Disney World together.

A month after we got home, I found out I was pregnant with DS#2.

1995-All-Star Music
2001-All-Star Sports
2008-(offsite)
2011-All-Star Movies
Dec. 2012-All-Star Music
Sept. 2013-All-Star Music

Check out my trip report: "I never got to ride Peter Pan with Gagi!"--a September 2013 TR
Howgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #43
Ratigan
Earning My Ears

This may sound weird, but after 33 visits from Tennessee over the last 23 years, there is one memory that is burned into my mind's eye, and it involves nary an attraction or character. My wife, 3 yo son, and nearly grown daughter were finishing up the new Dumbo ride or the Great Goofini or something in the new Fantasyland area one early twilight when a thunderstorm hit with startling surprise and force. We barely made it to the new bathroom area by the train station. Our daughter had just rounded up some Cokes for us and we all crowded together with all the other patrons in the common area behind the large doors there. The lightning flashed, sheets of chilled rain hit the impervious doors, and thunder rattled the glass. We, however, were warm, safe, and dry. The whole cluster of folks trapped together were in a good mood and happy chatter filled the air. It was the time when the pulse of the park slows anyway as the afternoon insanity gives way to the cool, measured evening. I looked around at my family's smiling faces. My daughter, so close to grown but having played like a kid all day, my young son beaming as he described his first rollercoasting with Goofy, my gorgeous wife who came into my life a few years ago and saved a single dad...they were smiling and talking and laughing. Suddenly, I felt as if we had been transported to a city set apart where time stood still, where we all would stay young and happy and strong. I felt an overwhelming love for them as we all watched the rain batter the windows and we squeezed together not just for warmth, but because that is what you do when all things are right in every possible world. The rain eventually stopped...it always does. That night passed and many others have since. Somewhere, though, there is a place where a family at peace and in love is forever huddled together, waiting, watching, secure.
Ratigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #44
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Our first trip...the look on my daughters face as we walked under the train station and we both saw the castle for the first time.
I have always been an emotional person but even I was taken aback by the flood of emotion I felt and the tears that appeared on my face.

Several years later when we were at the Magic Kingdom early enough to see the opening show my daughter turning to me to see if I was crying again because she was too.

June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream
usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #45
bella2117
Mouseketeer

I would go back to the first time my dad took me to disney. It was the best time of my life. Now 20 years later I'm taking my children for their first time and it makes me tear up because I will be walking where I walked with my dad. It's just an amazing thing.
bella2117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: