Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
Pete S
Earning My Ears

CBR or Coronado Springs

We have stayed at both of these resorts before. Coranado is definitely the nicer resort with multiple bus stops. But it is very large and can be over a quarter mile walk to the main building if you are eating there. In addition since it is a convention centre, it can be loud at night as they will allow vendors to set up all around the water area in the middle.
Pete S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
WisconsinDad
Mouseketeer

CSR definitely. As PP's have pointed out, it has queen beds as opposed to double beds. Also, CSR has a few more amenities (ex fitness center) that other mods don't since it is a convention resort.
WisconsinDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Another vote for CSR! I have stayed at both and both are quite large, however to me CBR seemed larger and more spread out. I also love the location of CSR, to me it seems to be close to everything (except MK of course only the Deluxe are close to those) where CBR seemed farther away.
But the biggest... BIGGEST reason that I prefer CSR over CBR is the cheerleader and school functions. They usually have a choice of one of the all-starts or CBR. So be sure to check when you are going to make sure that they are not there too. I know that CSR has conventions but they are not all waiting in the bus lines at the end of the night to get back to the resort.
Now... all that being said you really cannot go wrong with either. Everyone has their favorite.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post
We are in the same boat. Stayed at CBR, didn't like how huge it was, but from what I heard CSR is the same, if not bigger. Another downfall is it is a conference hotel so it is often very busy for that reason. I do love the theming though. We are torn between there and POR.
CBR is 2100 rooms built around a an oblong 45 acre lake.
CSR is 1900 rooms built around a round 22 acre lake.
CBR is bigger.

Regarding convention - you can see I've stayed many times and I have never interacted with or been disturbed by them. Actually because they tend to be working during the day I find the main pool to be quite empty for a moderate with plenty of seating and tables available.

Love POR and just spent 10 days there in the fall. The only real negative we experienced is the overcrowded main pool area.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post
We are in the same boat. Stayed at CBR, didn't like how huge it was, but from what I heard CSR is the same, if not bigger. Another downfall is it is a conference hotel so it is often very busy for that reason. I do love the theming though. We are torn between there and POR.
I've stayed at both, and to me CSR is noticeably smaller. It has 3 fewer bus stops that CBR too.

Also, being a convention resort means that many of the people staying at CSR are not using the Disney buses to get around. Makes them a lot less crowded. Makes the Pepper Market less crowded too.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I've stayed at both, and to me CSR is noticeably smaller. It has 3 fewer bus stops that CBR too.

Also, being a convention resort means that many of the people staying at CSR are not using the Disney buses to get around. Makes them a lot less crowded. Makes the Pepper Market less crowded too.
Great! This excites me, so good to hear. Thank you!!!
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I've only stayed at CSR so far of the two, though we are booked for CBR in August. I also read and experienced that conventions aren't a problem. The first trip.. there may have been one but I didn't notice. The second trip? A HUGE convention that took up every available space in the place, including shutting down the main pool for 2 or 3 days (we left but heard from other guests it was still shut down). So while I would stay at CSR again I would always try and find out the size and scope of the convention. This was CSR's biggest and it was very overwhelming. I don't think it's the norm, and it was bad luck on our part...but it really wasn't a pleasant few days. So just do some research, much the same as making sure there aren't a million cheerleaders going to be at CBR.
Otherwise CSR is a lovely resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: