Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #1276
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
lol...you don't have Victoria and Albert's booked???...lol. We have CRT only because it's girls only to celebrate DD turning 5
Hmm. That's not a bad idea! Maybe my 4 year old DD can sneak out one morning and go while the boys and DH sleep in. She is the early riser of the family...now off to stalk reservations. Thanks for the idea!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1277
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

That was my thinking too. Can't argue with their pricing!
Yes, we are now planning on just doing DTD our first night there and skipping the parks altogether, that way the kids will be energized and ready to go to MK early in the morning! Originally we were going to come back on a Thursday, but since airfare was cheaper there, I talked my husband into staying another night with that savings. : ) I see no negatives here!
We're going to go to AK our first day since its an easy park to walk around. We'll go to bed early. Than on Sunday we'll get up early and do rope drop at MK, come back to the resort to freshen up and head back for the MNSSHP. Than the rest of the week is up in the air.
We were planning on coming back late on November 2nd but with that airfare price we're leaving in the morning. So I just dropped a hopper day.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1278
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In case anyone is interested, Travel and Leisure Magazine has an article on the Best Disney Restaurants.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...ey-restaurants
Awesome! Thanks for link! :-)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1279
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Things have been way too quiet. This suspense is killing me. LOL.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #1280
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Thinking the same thing...the calm before the storm???

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #1281
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thinking the same thing...the calm before the storm???
It's making me crazy!!! I hate waiting
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #1282
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown if thy don't announce something soon!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #1283
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Oh, well in that case, I can tell you....well wait, maybe I should wait and tell you tomorrow.

Just kidding...nothing to tell yet, still quiet on the home front.

And now that everyone has had heart attacks...
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #1284
CinderBelle
Earning My Ears

The suspense is killing me! I have been quietly stalking this thread...hoping to see some good news. I called the other day & CM was no help...no pin code & she had "absolutely no idea" when the next promotion would be announced...blah blah blah!
02'-All Star Sports
05'-CBR
06'-Pop Century

10'-CBR
next trip Oct 2013-POR[/FONT]
CinderBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #1285
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I just got off the phone booking my stay at CBR and I told the CM I wasn't booking my tickets until the free dining offer was extended because it would determine how many days we were there and at the end of the call she said.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

"just to give you hope - we don't know the offers before they come out but there has been an awful lot of talk lately about extending the current offer"

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #1286
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
I just got off the phone booking my stay at CBR and I told the CM I wasn't booking my tickets until the free dining offer was extended because it would determine how many days we were there and at the end of the call she said.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

"just to give you hope - we don't know the offers before they come out but there has been an awful lot of talk lately about extending the current offer"

Just in case you are not aware, if free dining is released, you will have to cancel your room only reservation and rebook a completely new reservation as a package requiring a new deposit with the other deposit being refunded to you.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #1287
LLCM
Earning My Ears

Not totally sure about that I have added free dining on two occasions and never had to cancel and rebook they just made sure it was available with the reservation I already had and we kept the same confirmation number and all, also I had a LM room booked for this November and when I got FD pin in an email I upgraded to available resort and still kept the same confirmation number no cancellation hassle at all!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #1288
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Just in case you are not aware, if free dining is released, you will have to cancel your room only reservation and rebook a completely new reservation as a package requiring a new deposit with the other deposit being refunded to you.
Does that apply to existing packages also? I'm taking my first trip in Dec and I booked everything through Disney (flight, POFQ, Dining Plan, etc), I've also already paid my balance. If they offer free dining do I have to reschedule or do they just refund the money I paid for the dining plan back to my card?

I'm also debating adding a few more days to my trip if they offer free dining. Can I just add days and change my return flight or do I have to rebook everything? I'm currently going Dec 1-7 but if they offer free dining I was thinking of using that money to stay to the 10th.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #1289
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I booked a "room only package" so I wouldn't have to cancel. If I had booked just a room I would have had to. Two different cm's said that if free dining was offered I just needed to call in and add the tickets and dining and I was good to go.

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #1290
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post
Does that apply to existing packages also? I'm taking my first trip in Dec and I booked everything through Disney (flight, POFQ, Dining Plan, etc), I've also already paid my balance. If they offer free dining do I have to reschedule or do they just refund the money I paid for the dining plan back to my card?

I'm also debating adding a few more days to my trip if they offer free dining. Can I just add days and change my return flight or do I have to rebook everything? I'm currently going Dec 1-7 but if they offer free dining I was thinking of using that money to stay to the 10th.
As long as you are booked with a package to begin with, they will just modify your existing package. They will just refund you to the same form of payment you used.

On that note, if anyone has used gift cards to pay for your trip, be sure to hold onto the cards until your trip is over. If they need to refund you for any reason (discount, cancellation), they will need to put the money back onto those gift cards.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: