Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #1261
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Plus, that includes not only Disney World, but Disneyland and Aulani. So here's hoping that WDW will be done sooner on that timeline It will probably take longer to get all those fridges shipped to Hawaii

**Update**: For those of you with fridge concerns, you may want to call the resort you are staying. A poster stated they called POR and was told their fridges would be replaced by July 31 : )
Disney said 'at least four months' not 'up to'. I am not saying it won't happen, just if you NEED a fridge you should make other plans and not rely on the CM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #1262
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Disney said 'at least four months' not 'up to'. I am not saying it won't happen, just if you NEED a fridge you should make other plans and not rely on the CM.
Exactly, you have to take everything a CM says with a grain of salt But when it gets close to time of travel, one may want to call their resort just to see??? If Disney is already talking POR done this summer yet, that is a good sign they are able to start replacing as soon as they become available.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #1263
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I posted this on the other thread, but:

Just a heads up: I just called to schedule a first haircut for my DS at Harmony Barbershop, but anyway, the CM told me that a previous CM had put my city in as Fot Way and not Fort Wayne; could be why I have NOT received any snail mail??? Might want to check???

Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #1264
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

There are over 30,000 rooms on property, and while not all of them are affected, it will take some time to replace those that are.
Wow...that's a lot. But 4 months just sounds like a long time.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #1265
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

Plus, that includes not only Disney World, but Disneyland and Aulani. So here's hoping that WDW will be done sooner on that timeline It will probably take longer to get all those fridges shipped to Hawaii

**Update**: For those of you with fridge concerns, you may want to call the resort you are staying. A poster stated they called POR and was told their fridges would be replaced by July 31 : )
Oh I didn't even think og that...I was just being selfish and thinking WDW only lol oops...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #1266
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

We decided to leave out if the Trenton-Mercer airport instead of Philly and were able to get 5 round trip, non-stop tickets on Frontier to Orlando for only $218 per round trip ticket. We did tweak our dates ( leaving wednesday, come back Friday) to get the best price, but well worth it. And I'm pretty excited to avoid the craziness of a big airport. It will be soooo much easier on my kids too, especially my oldest on the autism spectrum.
I think I checked them but they didn't have any flights. I just wanted the cheapest airfare I could find. We would have flown out of BWI if they had cheaper flights.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #1267
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I posted this on the other thread, but:

Just a heads up: I just called to schedule a first haircut for my DS at Harmony Barbershop, but anyway, the CM told me that a previous CM had put my city in as Fot Way and not Fort Wayne; could be why I have NOT received any snail mail??? Might want to check???
I didn't realize the barbershop took reservations. Are reservations needed for any haircut, or just first ones? I was thinking of having our DD's get "hair done" there one day (though I'm not exactly sure what that will entail).

Disney sounds like a great place for your DS's first cut!

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1268
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I am getting so impatient! I just worked out my budget - and we are good to go....I can get a great deal on flights right now, but I hesitate to book them until I have my package.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #1269
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
I didn't realize the barbershop took reservations. Are reservations needed for any haircut, or just first ones? I was thinking of having our DD's get "hair done" there one day (though I'm not exactly sure what that will entail).

Disney sounds like a great place for your DS's first cut!
They do reservations and walk-ins, but I just wanted to make sure DS didn't have to wait You can call 407-WDW-STYLE to make an appointment They will answer as BBB, but they do barbershop too!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1270
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I think I checked them but they didn't have any flights. I just wanted the cheapest airfare I could find. We would have flown out of BWI if they had cheaper flights.
I think they now have a flight out every day except Thursday. They only have one Orlando flight out per day though so you do have to more flexible as far as time.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #1271
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

In case anyone is interested, Travel and Leisure Magazine has an article on the Best Disney Restaurants.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...ey-restaurants

Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #1272
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

I think they now have a flight out every day except Thursday. They only have one Orlando flight out per day though so you do have to more flexible as far as time.
Frontier gave me 1 flight option when I booked. I couldn't argue the price, so I adjusted our stay as necessary. I just dropped a park hopper day, so it wasn't much of a change.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #1273
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Frontier gave me 1 flight option when I booked. I couldn't argue the price, so I adjusted our stay as necessary. I just dropped a park hopper day, so it wasn't much of a change.
That was my thinking too. Can't argue with their pricing!
Yes, we are now planning on just doing DTD our first night there and skipping the parks altogether, that way the kids will be energized and ready to go to MK early in the morning! Originally we were going to come back on a Thursday, but since airfare was cheaper there, I talked my husband into staying another night with that savings. : ) I see no negatives here!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #1274
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In case anyone is interested, Travel and Leisure Magazine has an article on the Best Disney Restaurants.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/arti...ey-restaurants
LOL I do not have one single one of those restaurants planned as a meal! Unless I can talk DH into Cinderella's Castle for breakfast OOP, in addition to what we already have booked. : )
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #1275
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
LOL I do not have one single one of those restaurants planned as a meal! Unless I can talk DH into Cinderella's Castle for breakfast OOP, in addition to what we already have booked. : )
lol...you don't have Victoria and Albert's booked???...lol. We have CRT only because it's girls only to celebrate DD turning 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: