Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #1246
ktrask
Mouseketeer

I'm at the point where I just want to know one way or the other what the discount offered will be. We have already budgeted for a dining plan, so if free dining comes out we can upgrade resorts and pay the same price we are paying now. That's what I'm hoping for

I just want to know because it feels like forever I've just been living on what if and hope! If no free dining, we will live and be happy with our vacation for sure. I just want to know!
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #1247
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007

We paid $1004.50 for 7 tickets from New Castle, Delaware to MCO. That was with paying extra for seat assignments! I couldn't even believe it!!! I think that it was Kat that told us to check, so yay Kat! I live very close to there so getting up an out with involve almost no driving!!
What!!?!??! Is that non stop? I've been flying out of Baltimore all this time!! I didn't think New Castle offered flights to FL. It would be so much faster to go to new castle. The catch though is I don't do anything but non stop bc there is no way I can do two flights in one day lol no matter how short. Haha. We thought of doing the one from Salisbury but they only do certain days and those don't work for us

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #1248
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Sources tell me that an extension of the free dining promotion past the September dates could be announced as early as July. Most, if not all, of these date ranges from the PIN codes should be included. Note: The August dates would likely not be included, therefore, the dates would be as follows:

September 26 - October 2
October 18 - October 31
November 11 - November 23
November 30 - December 4
December 15 - 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Remember that the free dining offer for September expires on July 31st, and in the past, October-December offers have been released as late as August 3.

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).

All of this is dependent on how good or bad the PIN codes do. Disney is continuously monitoring this and it will weigh heavily on their final decision. If they get the booking level they want, then clearly there would be no need for a public offer. However, the fact that new PIN codes are still going out is a good sign that bookings are still soft. I also don't believe we'll hear anything until after their next quarterly report, which, as I said earlier, would fall in line with the early August date.

Let me also make a word of caution concerning leaks.

1. These promo leaks, while helpful on the nerves, don't actually get anyone a deal any sooner. In the end, you still have to call in on the day it's released and wait on hold right along with people who just found out that very morning. So again, the leaks sure do settle the nerves, but they don't get anyone any special privileges, nor do they get you in the door any quicker.

2. I never ever advise anyone to make any non-refundable plans based on a leak. To date, there has been NO LEAK that hasn't had mistakes. Take for example the September free dining, where the Little Mermaid rooms were said to be included...they were not. Similar mistakes have happened with EVERY leak in the past, from misquoted date ranges, to rooms said to be included, but were not. Which is why I always say, don't bet the farm until the announcement is official.

I will keep everyone updated as things become more and more clear. I will tell any information I receive, as I receive it, even if it's bits and pieces of partial information. I have no plans of making anyone wait this out, not even for a minute....because I know how nerve racking this is for everyone.

As June progresses, we'll hear more...in the meantime, you may very well receive that elusive PIN code, as they are still being sent out.

Good vibes everyone!!!
Thank you for giving me hope! I will have to do a split stay, but Ill get free dining for the second half of my trip if the dates are correct!
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #1249
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrask View Post
I'm at the point where I just want to know one way or the other what the discount offered will be. We have already budgeted for a dining plan, so if free dining comes out we can upgrade resorts and pay the same price we are paying now. That's what I'm hoping for

I just want to know because it feels like forever I've just been living on what if and hope! If no free dining, we will live and be happy with our vacation for sure. I just want to know!
I feel the exact same way ~ just put me out of my misery already! Hope we hear something in the next couple weeks
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #1250
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We paid $1004.50 for 7 tickets from New Castle, Delaware to MCO. That was with paying extra for seat assignments! I couldn't even believe it!!! I think that it was Kat that told us to check, so yay Kat! I live very close to there so getting up an out with involve almost no driving!!
Glad I could help! Someone on here said that they got really cheap tickets from new castle. So I figured I'd check and that's when I booked our airfare. I wasn't passing up $814 for 4 tickets.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #1251
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What no refrigerator thing?? I tried to read back in the thread but couldn't figure it out. Thanks.
Disney is taking defective refrigerators out of the resort rooms and replacing them over the next 4 months. I can't imagine it taking that long but that's what they say.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1252
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny

What!!?!??! Is that non stop? I've been flying out of Baltimore all this time!! I didn't think New Castle offered flights to FL. It would be so much faster to go to new castle. The catch though is I don't do anything but non stop bc there is no way I can do two flights in one day lol no matter how short. Haha. We thought of doing the one from Salisbury but they only do certain days and those don't work for us
Its Frontier airlines out of New Castle. I got 4 tickets for $814. I was checking Philly and BWI but they were averaging $1200ish. Both of my flights to and from MCO are non stop. Check them out!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #1253
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
I feel the exact same way ~ just put me out of my misery already! Hope we hear something in the next couple weeks
Count me in .. As well.

I'm really getting tired of waiting and my dh is going crazy with me being on the dis boards every hour looking for hope.
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1254
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Disney is taking defective refrigerators out of the resort rooms and replacing them over the next 4 months. I can't imagine it taking that long but that's what they say.
There are over 30,000 rooms on property, and while not all of them are affected, it will take some time to replace those that are.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #1255
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895

the removal of the fridges are in the above thread.
Thanks!!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #1256
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny View Post
Yes, non stop However, at this time they are only flying on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Around Christmas they will add more days and see how busy it becomes.
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 Orange Lake, Oct 16-23, 2015 BEACH CLUB
amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #1257
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I paid $814 for 4 round trip tickets from new castle to orlando. It really didn't change our drive time if we would have flown out of Philly. And flying out of bew castle was so much cheaper.
We decided to leave out if the Trenton-Mercer airport instead of Philly and were able to get 5 round trip, non-stop tickets on Frontier to Orlando for only $218 per round trip ticket. We did tweak our dates ( leaving wednesday, come back Friday) to get the best price, but well worth it. And I'm pretty excited to avoid the craziness of a big airport. It will be soooo much easier on my kids too, especially my oldest on the autism spectrum.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #1258
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Plus, that includes not only Disney World, but Disneyland and Aulani. So here's hoping that WDW will be done sooner on that timeline It will probably take longer to get all those fridges shipped to Hawaii

**Update**: For those of you with fridge concerns, you may want to call the resort you are staying. A poster stated they called POR and was told their fridges would be replaced by July 31 : )

Last edited by plutospalforever; 07-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1259
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm guessing the wait will more for them to be manufactured. That's one HUGE refrigerator order! I wouldn't think Disney would take long to get them all in rooms once they got them though.
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #1260
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Plus, that includes not only Disney World, but Disneyland and Aulani. So here's hoping that WDW will be done sooner on that timeline It will probably take longer to get all those fridges shipped to Hawaii

Update: For those of you with fridge concerns, you may want to call the resort you are staying. A poster stated they called POR and was told their fridges would be replaced by July 31 : )
I hope that poster was right about the POR fridges as we're staying there in September. I like the "replaced by" date, too - would make a nice birthday present to know we'll have working fridge in room when we get there.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: