Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #1171
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzi6692 View Post
And you are mistaken. We got a pin code for a room only discount and the only thing we could add was tickets, even when we called Disney(and the phone cm was not a typical one, she did everything possible to help us). Room only discounts are for room only bookings. Also, the dining plan is considered a discount even when you pay in full for it, and you cannot combine discounts. If you book a room, tickets, and dining it becomes a package and is no longer a room only.
I have booked a "room only" discount on both of my trips and added dining & tickets to both. Room only discounts give you a discount on the room but not the dining or tickets.

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #1172
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to chime in here. I am a travel agent specializing in Disney. You absolutely CAN add on tickets and dining to a "room only" discount!!

And as far as extended Free Dining, I haven't heard anything yet.... Keeping my fingers crossed!

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #1173
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!

I think it's the words that confuse some.
You start out with booking the room only discount, not a magic your way package. You can then attach park tickets and a dining plan to your room only discount - essentially making it into a product that is the same as a Magic Your Way package - but it's not called that!
I can see how it might be confusing, different discount, ends up being the same as a MYW package.
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #1174
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel View Post
You start out with booking the room only discount, not a magic your way package. You can then attach park tickets and a dining plan to your room only discount - essentially making it into a product that is the same as a Magic Your Way package - but it's not called that!
I can see how it might be confusing, different discount, ends up being the same as a MYW package.
I agree. You just took the words right out of my mouth. It's an issue of semantics and Disney does not make things easy to understand or easy to find specific details (I think because they have many grey, unpublished, areas??). Also, the original poster may have had a very specific PIN or code that may have not allowed any additions, or they may have spoken to a less informed CM.

So no one is totally right or wrong; just different experiences. Now who wants to put the issue to rest and get on with Pixie Dusting for Free Dining???

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #1175
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I agree. You just took the words right out of my mouth. It's an issue of semantics and Disney does not make things easy to understand or easy to find specific details (I think because they have many grey, unpublished, areas??). Also, the original poster may have had a very specific PIN or code that may have not allowed any additions, or they may have spoken to a less informed CM.

So no one is totally right or wrong; just different experiences. Now who wants to put the issue to rest and get on with Pixie Dusting for Free Dining???
Me, me .. pick me! LOL I already have FD for my Sep trip, but still wishing & hoping for FD for all!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #1176
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Me, me .. pick me! LOL I already have FD for my Sep trip, but still wishing & hoping for FD for all!
You're hired!!! Do you want to be in charge of Pixie Dusting? Or Mickey Shakin'?:

Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #1177
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
You're hired!!! Do you want to be in charge of Pixie Dusting? Or Mickey Shakin'?:
I'm hired? Whew - that's a relief cause Joe fired me a couple days ago. (Something about sending a reply that didn't have any reply in it - it was a computer glitch - honest! LOL)

Well, considering Tinkerbell is my avatar, guess I should go for the pixie dusting!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #1178
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, the original poster may have had a very specific PIN or code that may have not allowed any additions, or they may have spoken to a less informed CM.
Are you saying that some of the CMs are less informed than others....

Baaaahaaaaaa!

When are they ever going to announce discounts.....We have been waiting and waiting FOREVER!!!:rolle yes1
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL

HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #1179
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel View Post
Yes and no.

Not to confuse the issue further ... and you may mean exactly what I am about to say....but...

You cannot "attach" park tickets and dining to a room only reservation. (Which I am guessing was the problem).

You need to cancel the room only reservation and rebook a MYW package.
They will refund any $$ you have on the room only reservation to you. (you cannot transfer money from a room only to a package ressie).
You will have to make a new reservation requiring a new $200 deposit (or payment in full on the package reservation if you are within 45 days).
You will still keep the discount on the room portion, but in order to have the Dining Plan it has to be a MYW package.

Sorry to be so specific about the details...I just didn't want anyone who is waiting and hoping for Free Dining to be released, think that they can apply it to a room only reservation. I learned that lesson a few years ago.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #1180
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Are you saying that some of the CMs are less informed than others....

Baaaahaaaaaa!

When are they ever going to announce discounts.....We have been waiting and waiting FOREVER!!!:rolle yes1
Lol...and yes, I do know that from a very personal experience!!! But there are some very good ones, like Carlton!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #1181
leannak
Mouseketeer

Not that any CM's really know for sure... but I talked to one this morning and she said the next offer will be coming out after the current offer expires - so after July is over.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1182
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Not that any CM's really know for sure... but I talked to one this morning and she said the next offer will be coming out after the current offer expires - so after July is over.
If FD goes public, I will take that! As long as they announce it for my dates and 41 days before my check-in I am a happy girl!

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #1183
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Black predicted that awhile back. But I am hoping to have some better rumors by mid July. Right now they are too few and far between, and still sound kind of skeptical, so I am worried. If we could only get a concrete rumor.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #1184
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

There is some confusion here...

A room only discount can be applied to a room only reservation or a package reservation. There are two types of reservations:

Room only - requires 1 night deposit and balance is do (AFAIK) 3 days in advance
Package - requires a $200 deposit and balance is do 45 days in advance.

You can purchase tickets on a room only reservation. The tickets will require full payment at time of purchase, and are treated as a separate transaction. You can link them to your KTTW card when you check in. However, you cannot add a dining plan to a room only reservation.

Now, you can change a room only reservation into a package, by adding tickets and/or dining. This becomes a package and the reservation changes as noted above. Note that availability maybe different. Some had trouble making the switch and actually lost the room only reservation. (CM or TA canceled the RO, then made the package but wasn't available - tried to make the RO again and that was gone too) Technically, the room only reservation is canceled and a new package one is made. CRO will help in transferring the deposit over. You should make a new package and then cancel the RO ressie instead.

When a room discount offer (PIN, BB or public) is available, you can apply it to a room only reservation OR to a package. Again, it depends on availability. They set up certain amounts of room only and certain amount of packages.

Note there are some exception for AP holders in that under some offers, they are not required to get tickets as part of a package in order to get the dining plan. An AP veteran can answer this further.

Hope this helps clarify some of the confusion.

If you disagree, look at your reservation - if you think you have a room only one with dining, look up when is your balance due. If it is 45 days before arrival, you have a package. If it is 3 days before, then I'm wrong.
'13 (POR), '13 (3n Magic)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #1185
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Room only reservation balances are not due 3 days before. You give your credit card for the balance upon arrival at the resort.

And the PP who discussed canceling and rebooking is correct. It's not a simple transfer between a true room only and a package. It's a cancellation and rebooking.

I think there are 3 types of reservations, the two that the PP just described and the third is a package but without tickets(?) or dining (which seems totally weird, I know). I've never booked that, but it's my understanding that you can and then for that reservation you can easily convert into the FD package. I admit to being unclear on the tickets part though.

I can book a ticketless package with dining (but not FD) because I am an AP holder, but that isn't what I'm talking about above.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV

Last edited by vicki_c; 07-09-2013 at 03:13 PM.
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: