Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #1126
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31

I'm pretty sure you can only use them at the resorts, not in the parks. On the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about carrying the mugs around with you in the park.
Very true!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #1127
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Does this possibly mean new designs as well? *looking hopeful*
That would be nice
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #1128
LGTD
LGTD (Lets Go To Disney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post

If you don't currently have an AP, you could buy a regular ticket to get the free dining then 'upgrade' to an AP when you get to the parks. They should credit whatever you paid for your existing ticket towards the AP.

However, once you have the AP you won't be eligible for free dining without buying regular tickets. But with an AP you get a discount at a lot of restaurants and they often have better discounts on room only promos.

All that said I do NOT have an AP but I've been doing the 'Disney math' on it quite a bit and if I ever had 2 trips planned within 1 year or ever stayed longer than a week I would definitely get one.
Great information, thanks! Where would I go to upgrade to an annual pass?

P.s. this is only my 2nd post but I have been watching for a long time so thanks to all who contribute regularly! LGTD (Let's Go To Disney)
LGTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #1129
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Oooo hope so
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1130
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTD View Post

P.s. this is only my 2nd post but I have been watching for a long time so thanks to all who contribute regularly! LGTD (Let's Go To Disney)
This is from the Disney World website:

Q. Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A. Yes. If it is within 14 days of a Magic Your Way theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

Upgrades may include adding more days or adding any combination of options, including: Park Hopper Option, Water Park Fun & More Option, No Expiration Option

Ticket upgrades must be made in person at any of the following locations at Walt Disney World Resort:

Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Area

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #1131
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUJillybean View Post
I did the math, and the difference between the RO discount and the FD is less than $100 for us. I just need SOMETHING to come out already!
Did you factor in the cost of food? I cant imagine the difference being that little? Maybe you have a secret i need to know.... LOL
Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #1132
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTD View Post

I always wonder about folks' names; thanks for the explanation and I love that!...very creative.
Oh yeah, and

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #1133
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Did you factor in the cost of food? I cant imagine the difference being that little? Maybe you have a secret i need to know.... LOL

Yes, because we're going to get the dining plan either way.

Oh, it's a little MORE than 100, now that I do the math.
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #1134
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

I'm a DVC member, so haven't booked with CRO in some time.

We are out of DVC points and love free dining (family of 4 "adults").

I'm wondering if it comes out, is there any advantage to booking with AAA, rather than just the normal route through the website or CRO? Are there discounts with AAA or is it the same price no matter who you book through?
34 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado SpringsJune 2014 - Beach Club and Disney Fantasy!

UPCOMING:
10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
momof2disprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #1135
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
A local amusement park switch to this same kind of mugs this year. They did not switch the mug design just added a chip on the bottom with a sticker.
Oh how I hope Disney does a re-design of the mug.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #1136
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I think the refillable mug is still a great value at 17.99 for people staying at least six days or more but that price is a little steep if only staying four days. How often can you even get to the refillable stations in large resort's. I'm almost never at other resort's unless I'm doing ts so do people carry there mugs with them everywhere they go?

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #1137
ALD85
DIS Veteran

I don't think that's expensive for the mugs. I think a lot of people see the price and think that's what they're paying for just drinks. But really you're getting a souvenir and drinks. If you didnt get to keep the mug, that'd be a different story!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #1138
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disprincesses View Post
I'm a DVC member, so haven't booked with CRO in some time.

We are out of DVC points and love free dining (family of 4 "adults").

I'm wondering if it comes out, is there any advantage to booking with AAA, rather than just the normal route through the website or CRO? Are there discounts with AAA or is it the same price no matter who you book through?
AAA gives you a Diamond pass that allows you to park on a special AAA lot. Also you get 10% on purchases over $50 at certain locations. Also reserved viewing area for fireworks. That's about it.

Lately they've been having promotions like a $50-$100 Gift Card, however they now require full payment at time of booking. In the past they would give you the GC with the documents and after you had paid in full.

Also, you need a good TA. The ones at the office will typically only be available after 9-10am when the store opens. Booking directly with CRO will allow you to contact them at 7am.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #1139
leannak
Mouseketeer

Free dining dates - they'll FOR SURE be the dates that people have been getting with their pin codes, right?

We are checking in on 11/29 and I'm hearing FD would likely start 11/30. There's no way FD would be available for a check-in of 11/29, right? (Friday after thanksgiving... although there does seem to be decent vacancy for rooms.)

If there's no chance, I might go ahead and book a "fun" (aka: over budget) room for us the first night. Since it's only one night and we don't need park tickets on our check-in day we might use that forced split stay to try something cool the first night.
leannak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #1140
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannak View Post
Free dining dates - they'll FOR SURE be the dates that people have been getting with their pin codes, right?

We are checking in on 11/29 and I'm hearing FD would likely start 11/30. There's no way FD would be available for a check-in of 11/29, right? (Friday after thanksgiving... although there does seem to be decent vacancy for rooms.)

If there's no chance, I might go ahead and book a "fun" (aka: over budget) room for us the first night. Since it's only one night and we don't need park tickets on our check-in day we might use that forced split stay to try something cool the first night.
Unfortunately, there is no way to know what the dates will be (if any) until real leaks start coming in. Even then, nothing is 100% fact until it is officially released.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: