Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1111
LGTD
LGTD (Lets Go To Disney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Once you hit 10 days its cheaper to buy an annual pass. You can always get the 10 day tickets then turn them into an annual pass or add more days once you get to the park.
Can you get the free dining with an annual pass?
LGTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #1112
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTD View Post

You can but you still need to buy two day passes for everyone in the room, so it really diminishes the savings.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #1113
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

In other news that serves little to no value whatsoever....well, maybe a some, mediocre at best....or perhaps a bit more or a bit less.

Rapid Fill mugs are coming in a few weeks to Disney Resorts. These will finally be encoded with a chip and will allow you to purchase a select number of days rather than a whole trip if you wish. The prices are as follows.

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)

The interesting news is you will now be able to use them at any of the resorts and not just your own.

This is mostly moot for us though because it will still be included for the length of your stay as part of the dining plan...so we will all get one the same as usual, but now would technically be "legal" if we used it in another resort. This mostly stops those who bring their same mugs year after year to refill for free.

So, all the same, but mostly different and always exciting, except when its rather boring....are you confused yet??? Good!!!!

Carry-on....but only one bag please...and it must fit under the seat in front of you.

(if you can't tell...crazy cheerful Joe is back!!!)
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #1114
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Rapid Fill mugs are coming in a few weeks to Disney Resorts. These will finally be encoded with a chip and will allow you to purchase a select number of days rather than a whole trip if you wish. The prices are as follows.

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days

The interesting news is you will now be able to use them at any of the resorts and not just your own.

This is mostly moot for us though because it will still be included for the length of your stay as part of the dining plan...so we will all get one the same as usual, but now would technically be "legal" if we used it in another resort. This mostly stops those who bring their same mugs year after year to refill for free.

rapid fill is a weird name for it...
I do like that you can use it at other resorts though.

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #1115
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

So even more expensive on the mugs now for longer stays...I think I may just do a Garden Grocer order at this point for breakfast food and soda.

Now a proud Disneyland Annual Passholder!
First AP visit! 11/1-11/2/2014 for Pinup Parade in the Park
Coming up: Christmastime Solo Trip! 12/8-12/11/2014

joyfulDisneytears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #1116
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In other news that serves little to no value whatsoever....well, maybe a some, mediocre at best....or perhaps a bit more or a bit less.

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days

So, all the same, but mostly different and always exciting, except when its rather boring....are you confused yet??? Good!!!!

Carry-on....but only one bag please...and it must fit under the seat in front of you.

Lol. Welcome back crazy cheerful Joe!
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #1117
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGTD View Post
If you don't currently have an AP, you could buy a regular ticket to get the free dining then 'upgrade' to an AP when you get to the parks. They should credit whatever you paid for your existing ticket towards the AP.

However, once you have the AP you won't be eligible for free dining without buying regular tickets. But with an AP you get a discount at a lot of restaurants and they often have better discounts on room only promos.

All that said I do NOT have an AP but I've been doing the 'Disney math' on it quite a bit and if I ever had 2 trips planned within 1 year or ever stayed longer than a week I would definitely get one.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1118
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Where do you find out good general info on here about APs. Thanks

Something to do while I twiddle my thumbs waiting in dsct news. :-)
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1119
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days

Does this possibly mean new designs as well? *looking hopeful*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #1120
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days

Are these the free mugs you get with your dining plan now? And can you only use them at resorts and not CS places in the parks?
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #1121
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

Does this possibly mean new designs as well? *looking hopeful*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hope so

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #1122
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Are these the free mugs you get with your dining plan now? And can you only use them at resorts and not CS places in the parks?
I'm pretty sure you can only use them at the resorts, not in the parks. On the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about carrying the mugs around with you in the park.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #1123
mcgill93
Mouseketeer

So we are currently booked at POR from 11/10 through 11/17. The "alleged" dates of FD for November are 11/11 onward. Does this mean I would get FD for every day except my check in day, which does not fall within those dates?

Me (43 DH (47) DD (7): DS (4)
mcgill93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #1124
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgill93 View Post
So we are currently booked at POR from 11/10 through 11/17. The "alleged" dates of FD for November are 11/11 onward. Does this mean I would get FD for every day except my check in day, which does not fall within those dates?
You would have to book a room only reservation for the night of the 10th, and book a FD package for the 11th-17th. You would have to check out and back in on the 11th, which comes with the risk of a room change, but if you link the 2 reservations, they will try their best to keep you in the same room. I would pack an overnight bag for that night instead of unpacking a big suitcase, just in case.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #1125
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgill93 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You would have to book a room only reservation for the night of the 10th, and book a FD package for the 11th-17th. You would have to check out and back in on the 11th, which comes with the risk of a room change, but if you link the 2 reservations, they will try their best to keep you in the same room. I would pack an overnight bag for that night instead of unpacking a big suitcase, just in case.
Exactly what smitch said... I have done this exact thing last year although my extra night i had at all star sports and then the next day checked in to CSR to start my FD package. it wasn't too bad because we did what smitch suggested and packed an overnight bag.

p.s. if you wanted to avoid that you could also just add that extra day at the end of your trip so 11/11 - 11/18. Just a thought.

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: