Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #1081
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchersmom View Post
I called yesterday to check for a pin and the CM told me free dining would "absolutely not" be extended because that's not "how Disney does things." I giggled a bit to myself and thought "yeah right." Fingers are still crossed.
Don't sweat it and thanks for sharing. There were CM's that said the same thing before the September free dining was released, and we all know how that turned out.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #1082
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Surely we would have heard something already if it was going to be Monday, right? I will be in Vancouver on Monday, and it will cost me an arm and a leg to make a phone call on my cell from outside the states, especially having to be put on hold.
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #1083
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Surely we would have heard something already if it was going to be Monday, right? I will be in Vancouver on Monday, and it will cost me an arm and a leg to make a phone call on my cell from outside the states, especially having to be put on hold.
I am thinking too, that we would have heard something if it was going to be Monday, but I have been surprised before. Are you going to be on the Disney Alaskan cruise? I am curious if there are CM's on board that could arrange your travel for your Disney World vacation if something were released??? That would be nice Have fun!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #1084
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I don't know why but I have a feeling they will be announcing a room only discount first before free dining. It seems a little too soon since the other fd is still running. Is there a ro discount running now for the gp?

77,79,88-off-site,89,90 FW,96 ASMO, 05 off-site, 07,09,11 POP, 13 POR/POFQ, 2015 POP
DD 50 ,DM 48 ,DS 16
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #1085
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I don't know why but I have a feeling they will be announcing a room only discount first before free dining. It seems a little too soon since the other fd is still running. Is there a ro discount running now for the gp?
Yep, there is a RO discount through the 31st too

Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #1086
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

I am thinking too, that we would have heard something if it was going to be Monday, but I have been surprised before. Are you going to be on the Disney Alaskan cruise? I am curious if there are CM's on board that could arrange your travel for your Disney World vacation if something were released??? That would be nice Have fun!!!
Yes! We board the Wonder on Monday. Selfishly, I hope it is not released until we are back. I can call from Alaska no problem, but the phone lines would open for reservations at 3AM Alaska time, and I don't think my family would appreciate me waking them in the middle of the night to make a phone call!!! I guess I could have turned it over to a TA and let them take care of it, but I am such a control freak!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #1087
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Don't sweat it and thanks for sharing. There were CM's that said the same thing before the September free dining was released, and we all know how that turned out.
This is the kind of thing that kills me me about CMs who say "never" or "absolutely won't"... I had a gal say that a month ago, and as a previous poster just said, this CM was actually pretty mean-spirited about it. I can't imagine that they're only saying it to be mean (at least most people), but I do wonder if they do it because they're tired of people asking about FD or calling for pin codes or what not, which I could understand. And what do they do when it does come out and proves them wrong? I guess for them it doesn't matter because it's not like they actually have to talk to you ever again or have to eat crow or anything. They can just change their tune on the very next phone call. Regardless, I'm getting more and more excited because it should be only a couple more weeks before we likely hear wind of a leak... Yay!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1088
ALD85
DIS Veteran

We should all call and inquire about when Fall promos come out and post our responses! Would be entertaining at best, but who knows they could give us a tiny glimpse...
Old 07-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #1089
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
We should all call and inquire about when Fall promos come out and post our responses! Would be entertaining at best, but who knows they could give us a tiny glimpse...
No doubt! That would be really interesting, actually...
Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #1090
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnyless in Seattle View Post

No doubt! That would be really interesting, actually...
Cause I have nothing better to do with my time, I called 3 times haha! The first guy said they are expecting it the last week of July. The second lady said she didn't know but 2014 rates come out the 10th, so maybe around then. The third guy said they never know until the day before. Lol!!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #1091
black562
Dis Whisperer

Howdy folks. I've been incognito for a while I know. But I've been reading all the posts still. Everyone is going round and round with dates and such but still reading the tea leaves. I think a lot of folks are mixing up the 2014 packages and assuming that means a promo date.

I've been lounging on my long weekend and playing on Instagram a lot. I've been posting pics there like crazy. If anyone's interested, I'm black743 on there.

Cheers everyone!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1092
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Cause I have nothing better to do with my time, I called 3 times haha! The first guy said they are expecting it the last week of July. The second lady said she didn't know but 2014 rates come out the 10th, so maybe around then. The third guy said they never know until the day before. Lol!!
Well, there are three right there at least... Thanks for posting! No pattern, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Howdy folks. I've been incognito for a while I know. But I've been reading all the posts still. Everyone is going round and round with dates and such but still reading the tea leaves. I think a lot of folks are mixing up the 2014 packages and assuming that means a promo date.
I lurk a lot myself but finally decided to start posting some. Re: "reading tea leaves"... I think even if we pulled 100 different CM opinions together it wouldn't give us a better idea. It would just be fun to read. I'm definitely one of those with the opinion the boards are better for specific info-gathering than CMs with this kind of thing. Especially thanks to you, Black, and others like Dave and Danny!

Last edited by Dsnyless in Seattle; 07-06-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Dsnyless in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #1093
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Question? And i do apologise if its been answered early on, there is alot pages to catch up on! If you have already bought a package, room, dinning & park tickets. If FD is released can they alter your current bookinh remove the paid dinning plan & add in FD and essentially get a refund on the dinning? I hope this makes sense?
Thankyou so much

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #1094
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Question? And i do apologise if its been answered early on, there is alot pages to catch up on! If you have already bought a package, room, dinning & park tickets. If FD is released can they alter your current bookinh remove the paid dinning plan & add in FD and essentially get a refund on the dinning? I hope this makes sense?
Thankyou so much
Yes. If the FD is within your dates and the room type you have they will adjust and reimburse.
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #1095
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I'm confused?? I thought this thread was awaiting FD for Oct-Nov, not 2014 packages?? Also, with the current FD offer going through 7/31, would the extended FD come out after that, so not till August? Has Disney ever released FD before the current offer was up?
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: