Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #991
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadaa2 View Post
It worked!! I got FD So its not the name on the pin, its for the household. The only bummer was that they didn't have POR available. The only mod was CB (in a higher room category) and CSR. So we picked CSR.
we have never stayed there. Hopefully we like it. Either way we are in Disney and have FD Hoping for GP announcement for you all soon!!
Wonderful. Have a great time!
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #992
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

I feel like I'm going bat crazy over here.

I hope there are still rooms at POR by the time *if this deal over goes public.

Still no luck on a PIN, called again yesterday,
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #993
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna-like-Banana View Post

I feel your pain

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #994
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna-like-Banana View Post

If there are no more rooms than the pin offers, it wouldn't go public at all. Luckily each promotion has it's own allotment of rooms. I don't feel confident about it going public, but I do feel confident that there will be rooms at most resorts IF it does go public. They will not open it to the public and say there is nothing available right off the bat.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #995
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
It worked!! I got FD So its not the name on the pin, its for the household. The only bummer was that they didn't have POR available. The only mod was CB (in a higher room category) and CSR. So we picked CSR.
we have never stayed there. Hopefully we like it. Either way we are in Disney and have FD Hoping for GP announcement for you all soon!!
Yea!!!!! So happy for you!!!! When are you going? Glad to hear AWESOME news!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #996
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
If there are no more rooms than the pin offers, it wouldn't go public at all. Luckily each promotion has it's own allotment of rooms. I don't feel confident about it going public, but I do feel confident that there will be rooms at most resorts IF it does go public. They will not open it to the public and say there is nothing available right off the bat.
Yeah, I'm so worried it's not going public It'd be nice to get some reassuring words from Black or just an update from somebody on how the current insider winds are blowing...
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #997
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Yeah, I'm so worried it's not going public It'd be nice to get some reassuring words from Black or just an update from somebody on how the current insider winds are blowing...

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #998
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Whenever there is news to update, I will. Right now it's just a sit and wait. Remember, it isn't just us who are keeping check on how the pin codes are doing, but Disney too...and they will ultimately make the decision to pull the trigger based on how well the pin codes have done.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #999
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Whenever there is news to update, I will. Right now it's just a sit and wait. Remember, it isn't just us who are keeping check on how the pin codes are doing, but Disney too...and they will ultimately make the decision to pull the trigger based on how well the pin codes have done.
I'm confused about just how well they are doing- for example people are still getting them, yet there's only limited rooms available in the Mods??? I know there's values and deluxe but still.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #1000
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

I'm confused about just how well they are doing- for example people are still getting them, yet there's only limited rooms available in the Mods??? I know there's values and deluxe but still.
I am thinking the limited availability may have something to do with the plus 14 days thing. Has anyone tried to look for availability for dates that fall specifically in the pin code dates both beginning and ending? What I am wondering is if they don't limit the choices greatly for dates closer to the cutoff, because obviously the blackout dates already have good occupancy. Does that make any sense at all?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1001
Evansvillegirl26
Mouseketeer

I hate that the third week of December did not have discounts last year. I did not realize that. That's when we have to go because my husband teaches. not looking good
Evansvillegirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1002
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Thanks! The sitting and waiting is killing me :faint And after the article on Your First Visit about dining possibly not being extended...I guess I've started to lose hope of a GP offer. Just keep hoping for a "it's looking good" but I know if nothing is coming down the wire than nothing new to report. So thanks anyways.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #1003
mommy4
DIS Veteran

I'm starting to lose hope that we will get POR for our trip if this offer ever goes public. We have 5 plus one under 3 and I've decided that if we cannot get POR we will just stay off site. It would cost so much more to get 2 rooms at a value or the cabins. We have AP's already, so we might just get the TIW card and do it that way. But... I am still wishing for pixie dust.

mommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1004
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I've gotten 2 pins for the free dining but can't use them for my dates. From Oct 31 to Nov 9, nothing, and I mean NOTHING in every resort category is available... isn't that odd?
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #1005
SheenaXena21
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did the same last month. It was technically sent to my aunt at her address, but for some reason my name is attached to that address also. But I called and told them the story and I got to use the pin.

I wanted POR, but like you said CBR and CSR were the only mods available for my week. I chose CBR. But I'm going to call every week for any openings at POR or POFQ.

SheenaXena21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: