Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #916
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

How exciting! I could never surprise my kids with a trip. I am terrible at keeping secrets, but I did manage to keep their PL appointments and our Pirates and Pals voyage secret last year. We have been taking the kids out of school the Friday before their Fall break because flights are cheaper. This will be the last year we do that, though, because DD will be in middle school next October.
We were going to surprise ours but it lasted about a week lol
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #917
wakko62
Earning My Ears

questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
When you book the trip with Disney, they won't charge for the whole thing until 45 days before your check-in date. So, depending on deposit requirements (if any), you could still book so you can have better chance of getting the resort & room type you want and cancel before the 45 day mark if it's not going to work out for you - or modify the reservation if needed.
For ADRs, most restaurants only have a 24 hour cancellation notice before they charge a late cancel/no-show fee so you could make your ADRs & cancel/modify those as needed.
Newbie on disboards, so please bear with me. So many posts and so little time. Regarding these pins, can you explain a little about them to me. I have sent away for the planning cd so I think they have my name and address on file. I haven't heard anything from them either through the mail or e-mail. If this is how they get your name and address, should I call and inquire about a pin next to my name ? We are planning on visiting from Oct 20th through the 26th which falls under the dates for the fddp. Also, from the way I took this post, and correct me if I'm wrong, I could book the room, ddp, and park tickets for the time we're there and then if they offer the fddp I can call and ask them for the promotion? If they don't offer the fddp before the 45 day mark, I can call and ask them to remove the ddp from my package and it won't be charged to my card? This is so confusing to me reading all these posts, but they do help out quite a bit. Thanks in advance for your help.
wakko62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #918
mvirtue
Earning My Ears

I booked a trip to Disney for 11/11-11/18 the day before the 180 day date. I received a pin code in the mail on the Tues after the ticket prices went up. This is the first time I've stayed at Disney.
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #919
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko62 View Post
Newbie on disboards, so please bear with me. So many posts and so little time. Regarding these pins, can you explain a little about them to me. I have sent away for the planning cd so I think they have my name and address on file. I haven't heard anything from them either through the mail or e-mail. If this is how they get your name and address, should I call and inquire about a pin next to my name ? We are planning on visiting from Oct 20th through the 26th which falls under the dates for the fddp. Also, from the way I took this post, and correct me if I'm wrong, I could book the room, ddp, and park tickets for the time we're there and then if they offer the fddp I can call and ask them for the promotion? If they don't offer the fddp before the 45 day mark, I can call and ask them to remove the ddp from my package and it won't be charged to my card? This is so confusing to me reading all these posts, but they do help out quite a bit. Thanks in advance for your help.
It's a totally random thing, with no rhyme or reason. Once they have your address, you could indeed have a PIN, so it's worth calling to see...plus at this point you could get some magic sprinkled your way and just be offered free dining even without a PIN.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #920
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

It's a totally random thing, with no rhyme or reason. Once they have your address, you could indeed have a PIN, so it's worth calling to see...plus at this point you could get some magic sprinkled your way and just be offered free dining even without a PIN.
Black562 any news on if this offer will go to the general public?

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #921
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Black562 any news on if this offer will go to the general public?
This is from black on his other thread, when I asked the same question yesterday....

"It's a wait and see game at this point. I've spoken with Dave, and as he said, it can go either way. The fact that they're still sending out PINs is good, because that means they aren't filling rooms. At a certain point, if that continues to be the case, they will go public. The interesting kink lately is them offering it to the public, in terms of randomly giving it to those calling without a PIN....how that changes the dynamic is anyone's guess. But it's clear that they still are not getting the occupancy rates they're looking for because new waves of PINs continue to fly. I still think that whatever offer goes public will most likely be into the first week of August. "
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #922
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

This is from black on his other thread, when I asked the same question yesterday....

"It's a wait and see game at this point. I've spoken with Dave, and as he said, it can go either way. The fact that they're still sending out PINs is good, because that means they aren't filling rooms. At a certain point, if that continues to be the case, they will go public. The interesting kink lately is them offering it to the public, in terms of randomly giving it to those calling without a PIN....how that changes the dynamic is anyone's guess. But it's clear that they still are not getting the occupancy rates they're looking for because new waves of PINs continue to fly. I still think that whatever offer goes public will most likely be into the first week of August. "
Thank you! What thread is that? I want to subscribe !

June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #923
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Thank you! What thread is that? I want to subscribe !
Free Dining - Part 2 - The Sequel

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3115790
Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #924
dizcrazee
DIS Veteran

I posted this in the "sequel" thread and thought I'd post it here too...

For what it's worth, the CM that I spoke to today when I made a change to my November package tried to enter a code that she had in order to give me free dining, but it wouldn't work. She said that she expects to see the discounts for fall coming out in July and recommended that I try again then. Of course, that all has to be taken with a grain of salt because the CMs don't always have the correct info, but I thought I'd share my experience. Good luck to everyone!

Me DH DD:
dizcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #925
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcrazee View Post
I posted this in the "sequel" thread and thought I'd post it here too...

For what it's worth, the CM that I spoke to today when I made a change to my November package tried to enter a code that she had in order to give me free dining, but it wouldn't work. She said that she expects to see the discounts for fall coming out in July and recommended that I try again then. Of course, that all has to be taken with a grain of salt because the CMs don't always have the correct info, but I thought I'd share my experience. Good luck to everyone!
Thank you!!! Every little bit of hope is a help! Even if it is false hope, let me hang on to my dream until the official announcement.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #926
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We were going to surprise ours but it lasted about a week lol
I would love someone to surprise me with a trip to Disney

So DH got a 3 digit code today in the mail. I have been getting them for Aug. His was for Nov. Obviously these are rack rates, but the dates were 11/1/13 - 11/22/13 and 11/30/13. I don't know what this means if it means anything. Maybe Nov isn't filling up they way they want as said before. Good luck Nov people.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #927
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Thank you!!! Every little bit of hope is a help! Even if it is false hope, let me hang on to my dream until the official announcement.
I am holding on to the dream right with you

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Caribbean Beach Resort December 2014
Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #928
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

I posted this in the FD sequel thread:

Ok, like others have said please take this with a several grains of salt as this comes from the reservations WD travel company phone CM. Had DH call as we all know I've been striking out and he had not called before. Asked about FD PIN, said we're going in October etc. No PIN, but they chit chatted a little about us going for our 18th Anniversary, how we had an ADR for the Tusker House and that he loves Mickey Waffles. CM also loved the Mickey waffles and wants to do a character meal as she had never done one.

Then she said to keep trying, that she's sure something will come for October. But she wasn't sure if it would be FD or something else. She said two more rounds of PINS were coming out. Then she commented that " they " were keeping them on pins and needles this year as its been different than it has ever been and they didn't know What was going on. But keep watching as something is coming after the PINS.

I hope of course it's GP free dining, and I hope the CM is very wrong about two more rounds of PINs :faint as I want the GP offer now as my luck with PINs this time has sucked.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #929
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

for those of you that have gotten a personal pin, how did it come? Snail mail, email, in a newsletter? And who /where was it from? Thanks : )

mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #930
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cookies View Post
for those of you that have gotten a personal pin, how did it come? Snail mail, email, in a newsletter? And who /where was it from? Thanks : )
My mom has gotten the FD pin twice and they aren't going Both email from Disney Destinations.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: