Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #856
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I was probably the one that you remembered saying was transferred to guest services. I got a man and he also gave me his direct line...which I did need to call back as we were playing phone tag. And, it really was HIS direct line. So, the regular CM's more than likely can't just give it, but there are some uppers somewhere that can. I suggest everyone keep trying. Not wanting to make waves, but the rooms are out there. And, he also told me that he would not count on more general public offers. His word may be a bit more valuable? Not sure? Maybe they will just keep doing these random acts of kindness to fill the free dining quota? When you call for availability there does not seem to be a whole lot left as of right now at least. Oh...also maybe good to note...when I continue calling back to try to get into POR, they can't see my pin # under my name. They have to go into my res to see what code they used. I don't know if that is normal or not? But, it is not just hanging out in my info.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #857
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I was probably the one that you remembered saying was transferred to guest services. I got a man and he also gave me his direct line...which I did need to call back as we were playing phone tag. And, it really was HIS direct line. So, the regular CM's more than likely can't just give it, but there are some uppers somewhere that can. I suggest everyone keep trying. Not wanting to make waves, but the rooms are out there. And, he also told me that he would not count on more general public offers. His word may be a bit more valuable? Not sure? Maybe they will just keep doing these random acts of kindness to fill the free dining quota? When you call for availability there does not seem to be a whole lot left as of right now at least. Oh...also maybe good to note...when I continue calling back to try to get into POR, they can't see my pin # under my name. They have to go into my res to see what code they used. I don't know if that is normal or not? But, it is not just hanging out in my info.
when you called what did you say? did you just ask if theycould apply FD or ask if you had a pin first
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #858
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnicash View Post
Not sure how but recieved free dining yesterday without pin.
That's great!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #859
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I asked if I had a pin, if my husband had a pin, if our address had a pin. Nope. So, she asked if we ever travelled with anyone else. I said yes...my dad. She asked for his name and address. I gave it. She said well he has one and can use it for you too. I said thought they were non-transferrable. She said yes that she thought he was travelling with us again. No such luck. Then, I told her politely how frustrating it is to see some that have no plans or others who go once in a blue moon to get pins. She said how it is random. I said I know and was not blaming her or asking for any hand-outs, just venting. She asked me to hold. When she came back on, said that she was transferring me to guest services. When I got there, they asked me about my previous trips...like how many and just the normal survey types. Then, he said he would go ahead and apply free dining to my res. But, it was not avail for my room I was currently booked in (POR preferred). There were Royal Rooms, but not preferred. Anyway, he let me choose something else from what was available. The availability was fairly low as a warning...but we are 5 people so we are slightly limited.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #860
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

Kat, I was thinking you had a PIN attached to your name?? Was I wrong??? I do get information overload...lol
I honestly don't know if I did or not. I called and asked if I had a PIN attached to my acct. The cm was great and said let me look. She got back on and said she found a fd discount for my time frame and applied it.....but when I called the week before to check I had nothing.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #861
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I'd like to offer a suggestion to anyone that does not get free dining...it may not prove to be quite as good, but not bad...and it is what many Disney wait staff refers to as one of the best kept secrets. Get someone in your party an AP, then buy the Tables in Wonderland card. It costs $100, but is good for like 14 months so may get more than one trip out of it. It gets you 20% off meals at table service. And, gets you 20% off at some quick service...Pop food court for one...and also at lounges like Tambu...and all your alcoholic drinks at meals are also 20% off with it! It can pay for itself pretty quickly. Plus, I would be willing to bet that if someone had an AP there will in fact be AP fall discounts. So, it may work out in the end. Crunch numbers and see For us, free dining is the best because 2 of our 3 children are Disney adults, so we get 4 free adult dining plans.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #862
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

I'm booked for Dec. 3. I called and explained that I can't get Disney Destinations emails due to ISP restrictions, and they transferred me to Guest Services, but the best I got is that they agreed they would refund my travel insurance if I canceled the trip before October 19th if no discount offer came out to apply to my dates.

Is it silly/entitled that I would and have paid rack rate before, but knowing they're handing out random free dining and making me pay arbitrarily is enough to make me say forget it and take the kids to the bahamas instead? I feel like a jerk.
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #863
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnJ View Post

I called today and no PIN attached to my name. But she checked my dates and found a free dining discount for me. Told her i wanted moderate. She checked my first resort choice , POR, and nothing available. But did have spots for CBR and CSR. Now booked for October 2-8 at CBR with free dining!!
Wow! Great news!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #864
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I am wondering if WDTC agents have been given permission to apply free dining for certain dates/resorts that have unusually low occupancy rates. And also, maybe when we call, some folks are speaking with CRO agents vs. WDTC agents, who do not have the means/authorization to offer free dining????? And maybe too Disney is trying to fill up the less popular resorts/room categories before free dining is made available to GP????
What is the difference in the 2 different types Pluto? Never heard of CRO.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #865
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post

I'm curious, what are CRO agents and how are they different from WDTC agents? Thanks
I should have kept reading down. Lol
Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #866
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
does anyone know if I was to call about the free dining if they would give it to me over the phone since I have a TA would they still be able to apply it
Hi Holly! Unfortunately only your TA can have the free dining applied to your ressie if you were to have a PIN. She should be more than happy to check for you. If you do call and have a PIN, I would suggest asking the CM for the number so you can give it to your TA or a direct number or email, because there has been at least one reported incidence of someone calling and finding out they had a PIN, but when the TA called, she was told there was no record of it.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #867
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

CRO is the central reservations office and both are in the same room and when you call and answer some of those automated questions, usually determines who you will speak to, but it could be either one. CRO typically deals with just room only reservations and 3 digit codes and they simply enter this info in the CRS reservation system. They are cross trained to handle what WDTC agents do, but there knowledge/experience base does have limits.

WDTC CM's are trained using a software program that let's them do "everything" else. They can book whatever you might want/need for your vacation; they do all the packages.
Never knew this!!!! Interesting!! I would love to visit one of the call centers. Where are they? Are there more than one?

Who's up for a field trip?!? Lol
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #868
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I honestly don't know if I did or not. I called and asked if I had a PIN attached to my acct. The cm was great and said let me look. She got back on and said she found a fd discount for my time frame and applied it.....but when I called the week before to check I had nothing.
I know...that was sooo long ago...lol...I think you were one of the first to call and have "something"...wasn't it Mother's Day??

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #869
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade95 View Post
I just called Disney and asked if there was a pin # associated and they did advise that there was. Thanks for the info.
Cool!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #870
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna-like-Banana View Post
I just got off with what sounded to be somebody NOT in a call center.

He sounded very nervous too. Denied again.

He said a few things that I've never heard any other CM state, that there is free dining during the time I was asking about Oct 20-27, but " that it's for select guests and you're not one of them "

I was kind, but direct, no dice
What? Well that sounds just rude. Lol. Selected guest, but you're not one if them???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: