Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #841
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I hope it's one that's here to stay.
I disagree! I don't like it at all. Maybe if I was a chosen one I would like it more, but I think it is a good way to aggravate the unchosen. I know it is doing a good job on my nerves.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #842
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Ok, I recall some of the individuals who were given free dining without a PIN attached to their name, stating they were transferred to someone else who issued the free dining. And I believe one person specifically said Guest Services; maybe it's someone in that dept who is authorized to issue FD?? Maybe it's a matter of finding the right CM who knows about this AND one that is willing to transfer the call??? A matter of finding the "perfect storm" of CMs??? A rare occurrence.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #843
camgenemmysmom
Earning My Ears

Sorry this is a little off topic! I received an e-mail from my TA yesterday to say she would be out of the office from 6/28 to 7/15 and would have very limited access to e-mail. So my question is if FD is released at this time can I call and add it to my reservations or does she have to because she made them? I'm just scared that if I have to wait for her to get back FD will be all booked up at our hotel. We are staying at AOA and the kids have looked at pics and watched tour videos so this is going to be where we stay but it would be hard to know we are paying for the dining plan when we could have gotten it for free. Thanks for letting me whine a bit!
camgenemmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #844
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf

So did the CM just give you free dining or did you have a pin attached to your name that the CM found when you called? I tried to get it the other day but was told no because I don't have a pin.
I'm not sure. She put me on hold and when she came back on the phone she told me that she found a fd discount for my time frame, 10/26-11/2, and she applied it.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #845
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camgenemmysmom View Post
Sorry this is a little off topic! I received an e-mail from my TA yesterday to say she would be out of the office from 6/28 to 7/15 and would have very limited access to e-mail. So my question is if FD is released at this time can I call and add it to my reservations or does she have to because she made them? I'm just scared that if I have to wait for her to get back FD will be all booked up at our hotel. We are staying at AOA and the kids have looked at pics and watched tour videos so this is going to be where we stay but it would be hard to know we are paying for the dining plan when we could have gotten it for free. Thanks for letting me whine a bit!
Unfortunately your TA has to do it. If I were in that situation and it did come out I would have to rebook on my own and cancel with my TA. But right now I am not even feeling it will go public and if it does my bet is on August.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #846
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever
Ok, I recall some of the individuals who were given free dining without a PIN attached to their name, stating they were transferred to someone else who issued the free dining. And I believe one person specifically said Guest Services; maybe it's someone in that dept who is authorized to issue FD?? Maybe it's a matter of finding the right CM who knows about this AND one that is willing to transfer the call??? A matter of finding the "perfect storm" of CMs??? A rare occurrence.
I didn't get transferred to anyone. The cm who answered the phone applied the fd discount.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #847
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Yep! I called with a co-workers pin....I had none, neither did my husband or 2 kids...I tried it all! After having a CM say that she was going to apply my co-workers pin (on work phone) IF I could fax the email showing co-worker and my email addresses are same company.....DH calls on cell and said give me the # I'm sick of this BS. We go every year and most recently did a 15 year vow renewal THRU Disney. He texted me about 15 mins. later "GOT IT!"

He was on the phone and told no by the 1st CM and then he wouldn't take no for an answer, his call wasn't transferred to her supervisor, he was transferred to an upper mgmt type who said, yes we will do whatever possible.....so to answer, NO Pins ever for us and no GP offer, but have FD for free.

The lady who helped did give us her direct dial number and her first.lastname@......... email address and told us not to hesitate calling or emailing if we needed anything else.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #848
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by camgenemmysmom View Post
Awwww. Yes your TA has to apply the free dining. I would definitely contact her ASAP to ask if she or another agent would call about the FD if it were to become available during her absence.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #849
debf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
Yep! I called with a co-workers pin....I had none, neither did my husband or 2 kids...I tried it all! After having a CM say that she was going to apply my co-workers pin (on work phone) IF I could fax the email showing co-worker and my email addresses are same company.....DH calls on cell and said give me the # I'm sick of this BS. We go every year and most recently did a 15 year vow renewal THRU Disney. He texted me about 15 mins. later "GOT IT!"

He was on the phone and told no by the 1st CM and then he wouldn't take no for an answer, his call wasn't transferred to her supervisor, he was transferred to an upper mgmt type who said, yes we will do whatever possible.....so to answer, NO Pins ever for us and no GP offer, but have FD for free.

The lady who helped did give us her direct dial number and her first.lastname@......... email address and told us not to hesitate calling or emailing if we needed anything else.

Sorry if I missed this on an earlier post but when are you going to Disney? I'm going in August and have been trying so hard to get that pin.

debf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #850
disnicash
Earning My Ears

I called from my office phone at the car dealership where I work everyday for a month and got nothing. The first call I made from my cell phone got me free dining. I about fell out of my chair ,but I got it with no pin. Use a phone that will bring up your account and be real sweet.
disnicash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #851
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I didn't get transferred to anyone. The cm who answered the phone applied the fd discount.
Kat, I was thinking you had a PIN attached to your name?? Was I wrong??? I do get information overload...lol

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #852
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnicash View Post
I called from my office phone at the car dealership where I work everyday for a month and got nothing. The first call I made from my cell phone got me free dining. I about fell out of my chair ,but I got it with no pin. Use a phone that will bring up your account and be real sweet.
Hmmmm...that is very interesting. Glad you shared. And VERY happy you got Pixie Dusted!!!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #853
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
When my DH called and got FD for us without a PIN (10/18 thru 10/26) we already had a package booked and paid for and DME scheduled. Perhaps that's why we got it? Who knows....

Those are our dates, too. We are staying at POP.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #854
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

We didnt get transferred either.

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #855
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

does anyone know if I was to call about the free dining if they would give it to me over the phone since I have a TA would they still be able to apply it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: