Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #766
MouseLover24
Mouseketeer

Which number did you call?
MouseLover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #767
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselover24 View Post
which number did you call?
1 (407) 939-7675
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #768
MinaFemme
Mouseketeer

Just called, no pin ....but the CM said she has heard discounts for my time frame (October) will be offered to the GP. She said she's not sure if they will be FD or RD.

First stay on site: October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room garden view
MinaFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #769
MouseLover24
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I just called and asked them to add to my profile that I would like to receive special offers. The CM I spoke to said that the marketing department has their reasons for sending PINS to select people. Who knows???
MouseLover24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #770
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
From the moment I called her first words were "let me see what I can do for you" not, let me check to see if you have a PIN. It was very exciting! But it's important to me to stay at POR so it is what it is.
Do you remember her name?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #771
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Well, I have officially tried everything now. My face is blood red from embarrassment at being so straightforward but I called and did a what can you do for me, can you spread some free dining magic my way call. But nope, nothing. She just offered to check for a PIN, and nope. Gave me best wishes and a keep looking for public offer and call back pep talk. First time I outright asked, before has been more subtle..hint hint kind of thing.

I just don't get it! I'm nice, I chat with them, love hearing the music so I'm always upbeat and non pushy. Sigh. Is there a head banging smilie? Don't get how some people are doing this without PINs.
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #772
justanothermark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseLover24 View Post
Thanks. I just called and asked them to add to my profile that I would like to receive special offers. The CM I spoke to said that the marketing department has their reasons for sending PINS to select people. Who knows???
To think that PINS are randomly sent out by Disney who is very aware on how to make money in everything they do would probably be wrong. I expect there is a very specific set of business rules being applied to the data they know about every one of us based on past visits, how much money they made on each of us and our previous utilization of discounts both in general public and private PIN type of promotions. This in combination with the level of occupancy rates of hotels, reservation rates at restaurants and overall financial targets would lead to a very targeted use of PIN codes for discounts. I like everybody keep hoping for a PIN but alas I have not received one. Last year I did and it really helped out financially with 4 kids to feed while at disney.
justanothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #773
GAGERSMAMA
Earning My Ears

Port Orleans Riverside

This is our first time at this resort and I didn't see it listed under the Moderate Resorts. Are discounts not offered at this resort?

GAGERSMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #774
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGERSMAMA View Post
This is our first time at this resort and I didn't see it listed under the Moderate Resorts. Are discounts not offered at this resort?
POR is included
Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #775
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Well, I have officially tried everything now. My face is blood red from embarrassment at being so straightforward but I called and did a what can you do for me, can you spread some free dining magic my way call. But nope, nothing. She just offered to check for a PIN, and nope. Gave me best wishes and a keep looking for public offer and call back pep talk. First time I outright asked, before has been more subtle..hint hint kind of thing.

I just don't get it! I'm nice, I chat with them, love hearing the music so I'm always upbeat and non pushy. Sigh. Is there a head banging smilie? Don't get how some people are doing this without PINs.
I hear yah! I tried it all as well. One CM spent a lot of time looking for me but still came up empty-handed! I even upgraded to a moderate thinking maybe they would offer me something....nope...
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #776
meredith1
DIS Veteran

I, too, just called. Those poor CM's! I actually spoke with a manager and she told me that people with a PIN code can apply that particular PIN on up to three rooms at the same resort on the same dates. You don't have be the sole receiver of the PIN code so, if a "friend" or relative receives the PIN as long as you are going the same dates and the same resort, you CAN use the PIN as well.

....Just thought I'd put that out there.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #777
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

I called yesterday to change my dates from September to October (thanks son's school) and the CM I got kept telling me to check my email daily because there could be FD magic any day in email. I expressed how upset I was about losing my FD in September but his school calendar was released and we missed it by a week. Oh well. Maybe we will get some pixie dust.

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
VeronicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #778
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermark View Post
To think that PINS are randomly sent out by Disney who is very aware on how to make money in everything they do would probably be wrong. I expect there is a very specific set of business rules being applied to the data they know about every one of us based on past visits, how much money they made on each of us and our previous utilization of discounts both in general public and private PIN type of promotions. This in combination with the level of occupancy rates of hotels, reservation rates at restaurants and overall financial targets would lead to a very targeted use of PIN codes for discounts. I like everybody keep hoping for a PIN but alas I have not received one. Last year I did and it really helped out financially with 4 kids to feed while at disney.
I concur, there is a very specific science behind how PINs are distributed and how those rules are applied. I would guess that the same applies to the seemingly random assistance that some are given when calling in.

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #779
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekin67 View Post
We received the free dining pin code again yesterday. The day before I had ordered a DVD for a trip that was already scheduled. The pin code came to my email on May 9th and we didn't plan to go so I deleted it. Then we decided to go, but could not find the email in the Trash folder or anywhere else. I called and was told since the pin code was in my mother's name, even though my email address, we could not use it. I told the CM that I had used her pin codes in the past, and she still refused. I told her that my mother lives in my home and the email is for the household and she refused.
I thanked her, hung up, then called right back. The CM said the email is for the household and we could use it. We are booked for December 15-25th at French Quarter.
Yay, that is fantastic! I too wish they would be more consistent though....
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #780
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
I hear yah! I tried it all as well. One CM spent a lot of time looking for me but still came up empty-handed! I even upgraded to a moderate thinking maybe they would offer me something....nope...
I wonder if you went back to a value (if that's what you had?) if you'd be more likely to get offered a pin? Obviously I don't know that for sure, but I always signed into my Disney account and booked a value, but kept checking prices for a moderate and got called with a free dining offer. Maybe they get "dinged" when a member is booked but poking around a higher-priced resort? I'm sure values get booked up quickly and they'd like to clear them up for new/last minute guests.

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: