Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #616
teesott
Earning My Ears

We check in on the 10th and still until the 19th. Will they extend the FD to include all of our dates or just the second half? Also, does anyone know the upcharge from QS?
teesott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #617
Three cats
DIS Veteran

For anyone that has called more than once asking if you had a Pin code attatched to your name.....did you end up with one after initially being told you didn't? I ask because I called over a month ago and was told no and don't want to make a pest of myself if i've got no shot....lol

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #618
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDisneyMom View Post
So what are we thinking on a release date for this? July 12/13-ish like last year? Or later in the month, based on the fact that the current Free Dining offer doesn't expire until 7/31? We are going to be out of town the week of July 8th, so I'm really hoping it doesn't come through that week, and maybe at least a week later when it would be easier for me to call (although I know that would not be popular with a lot of people).
We are also going to be out of town, and four hours behind eastern time. I'm really hoping it doesn't come out that week. If it is on Monday, I will have to make an international call and pay $$$$ on my cell phone bill. If it's on Thursday, I will be in the country, but I would have to get up at 3 local time if I wanted to call first thing. Since I will be in a room with my family, this won't go over well. Of course, I can't be too concerned because I will be on the Disney Wonder on an Alaskan cruise!!! We booked a last minute VGT rate. Even though I am thrilled, I am worried I won't have access to the free dining announcement. First world problem, I know!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #619
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats
For anyone that has called more than once asking if you had a Pin code attatched to your name.....did you end up with one after initially being told you didn't? I ask because I called over a month ago and was told no and don't want to make a pest of myself if i've got no shot....lol

I called once and they told me I didn't have one. I called a week later and I had one....so keep calling!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #620
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
I had been working with the IT dept and Guest Relations to get an incorrect name off my Disney Destinations account. Kept asking about a Free Dining pin for my dates (11/29 thru 12/6) and being told I didn't have one. Lo and behold, I get a call from Guest Services offering the pin. And the first call came while I was at work & I had to hang up on them too. God love them for their persistance, called me back 3 times!!!
Did this just happen today? I can't believe how crappy my luck is. Noone ever comes looking to give me free dining, and they won't give it to me when I go to them. Kind of frustrating when you hear so many positive stories.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #621
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I called once and they told me I didn't have one. I called a week later and I had one....so keep calling!
What do you say when you call? You just ask if a PIN is linked to your name? I've never asked but we have reservations in November.
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #622
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
I had been working with the IT dept and Guest Relations to get an incorrect name off my Disney Destinations account. Kept asking about a Free Dining pin for my dates (11/29 thru 12/6) and being told I didn't have one. Lo and behold, I get a call from Guest Services offering the pin. And the first call came while I was at work & I had to hang up on them too. God love them for their persistance, called me back 3 times!!!
Wow, congrats. I cannot get them to fix mine. My account has this old address each time I call that they cannot seem to remove or fix. They see both my old years ago addy and the one we've had for about 4 years. So each time I call I have to go through this long automated menu of changes as its the wrong account.

Congrats on the PIN.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #623
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post

What do you say when you call? You just ask if a PIN is linked to your name? I've never asked but we have reservations in November.
Yes, they will know. It's easy. Good luck

Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #624
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

Did this just happen today? I can't believe how crappy my luck is. Noone ever comes looking to give me free dining, and they won't give it to me when I go to them. Kind of frustrating when you hear so many positive stories.
I know how you feel hubby called me from work today saying we had two things from Disney in the mail. I yelled open them! But they were just a package payment invoice and my booking confirmation info etc. afterwards I told DH, well I guess it wouldn't have mattered. As I don't think there is any availability anyways for our dates at the values.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #625
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post

The CM my husband spoke with encouraged him to call back because she said pins were released in batches.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #626
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige

Our reservations are in October. I called and asked if there was a pin attached to my acct. The CM I got was great. She took a while but she came back on the phone and said she "found"me a fd pin for the time I was going to be there.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #627
linzjriley
Earning My Ears

Hi, I currently have a non discounted room only res at POP from Sep 29- Oct 6. I've been checking for pins for over a month, no luck. I'm not even sure if my dates would be included if FD gets extended to general public. Here's the thing, while my family won't arrive until the 29th. I am going to be there from the 27th. On my last call the CM asked if I'd consider coming in on the 25th as that's the last day for the current sept promo and if I check in that day it's available for the full duration. We would get free dining for the full hotel stay. That we would just book the min day park tickets we think we would need and I can just upgrade mine to a ten day when I get there. I will be off work from the 24th and changing my flight not an issue, its just 2 more days there on my own i wasn't planning on, that said i dont think id have any trouble keeping busy at wdws. Do you think it's worth it? I just don't want to wait, find out my dates weren't available anyway and have missed out...
linzjriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #628
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Talking

Got a pin code with free dining - going 9/4-9/10-yahoo! POR first time cant wait.Actually knew there was FD until 9/25 for the general public but when it came in the mail he said I am surprised you don't have it booked!!!!!!!! I had it booked 15 mins later-LOL!!!!!!

Just me and hubby this time.

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #629
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjriley View Post
Hi, I currently have a non discounted room only res at POP from Sep 29- Oct 6. I've been checking for pins for over a month, no luck. I'm not even sure if my dates would be included if FD gets extended to general public. Here's the thing, while my family won't arrive until the 29th. I am going to be there from the 27th. On my last call the CM asked if I'd consider coming in on the 25th as that's the last day for the current sept promo and if I check in that day it's available for the full duration. We would get free dining for the full hotel stay. That we would just book the min day park tickets we think we would need and I can just upgrade mine to a ten day when I get there. I will be off work from the 24th and changing my flight not an issue, its just 2 more days there on my own i wasn't planning on, that said i dont think id have any trouble keeping busy at wdws. Do you think it's worth it? I just don't want to wait, find out my dates weren't available anyway and have missed out...
If you can swing it, I say go for it!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #630
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzjriley View Post
That is my dream...4 days to myself...in Disney World!!! Yes, it is worth it.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: