Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #571
trimmtrabb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Any change at all would incur the increase. Does not matter if it is the same reservation.
So if I booked before the ticket price hike, but call to add a free dining or room only discount without changing any other aspect of the reservation (resort, room type, dates, number of guests, etc.), will I end up paying the higher ticket price?
trimmtrabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #572
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post

I don't believe so. Preferred refers to the room location (closest to classic Hall), not view. I believe the lake rooms are considered standard rooms since they are the farthest to Classic Hall.

There's some great info and pics of room locations at POP over on the POP resort thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&highlight=pop Go to post #2 in the thread and click on the "Refer to Pop Century 2012 Map" link for a pic of the room type locations for each building. If that's not clear, try asking on that thread. Someone there will know for sure.
That is great advice! Thanks! I was asking because a CM told me I had to pay an up charge for preferred view, effectively not saving me any money, to get the lakeview in the 60s building. I didn't think that sounded right, but I haven't done extensive research.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #573
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I apologize if this has already been brought up on this thread, but if it does become a GP offer, how likely do you all think that the date would extend through Saturday, 11/23, as it is with the current PINs? We're arriving on 11/23 and I booked a bounceback to get 30% off of my room (the discount is only for 11/23). I would love to NOT have that discount and get free dining instead, but I fear that if they do make it a GP offer, that it will actually end on 11/21 or 11/22, as that Saturday, 11/23, is so close to Thanksgiving. Thoughts?
I keep wondering the same thing. Last year the free dining ended the Thursday before Thanksgiving. I even received a RO pin that ended on the thursday before Thanksgiving. It went unused though because my husband didn't want to leave until the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

This year it is actually possible to move our Monday arrival back to Saturday if free dining is available.
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #574
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimmtrabb View Post

So if I booked before the ticket price hike, but call to add a free dining or room only discount without changing any other aspect of the reservation (resort, room type, dates, number of guests, etc.), will I end up paying the higher ticket price?
Yes adding free dining will increase the ticket price.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #575
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was wondering this as well.
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL

HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #576
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes adding free dining will increase the ticket price.
What about RO? Thanks.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #577
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
What about RO? Thanks.
There are no tickets with room only. If you have not bought your tickets yet, you will pay the higher price.

Last edited by DebbieB; 06-21-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo
DebbieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #578
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I was wondering this as well.
Yes. ANY change made, adding a discount, free dining, or whatever will change the price. My cousins were able to get a discount last year and called ot have it applied and their ticket price went up, but they still save about $50 each even after the price hike.
I had gotten 7 day hoppers, but then decided I really only needed 6 and i called to see the price difference. It was going to cost me MORE to take that 1 day off with the new price of tickets so I just left it.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #579
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Ok quick question. It keeps being mentioned that there are no rooms available for FD at any value, what if you are already booked? For instance, we are already booked at POP for Nov 17-23 & have been since January, if we get FD does that mean we won't be able to use it with our existing reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #580
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Ok quick question. It keeps being mentioned that there are no rooms available for FD at any value, what if you are already booked? For instance, we are already booked at POP for Nov 17-23 & have been since January, if we get FD does that mean we won't be able to use it with our existing reservation?

If it goes public, more rooms will be released. Having a reservation at rack rate means nothing when adding a discount. What matters is whether they have used the allotted number of rooms at that resort. So if they had 99 rooms at Pop available for free dining and you are the 100th person booking one. You are out of luck. You can change to a resort where there is availability though, and you would still keep your existing reservation. They would just make the adjustments.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #581
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If it goes public, more rooms will be released. Having a reservation at rack rate means nothing when adding a discount. What matters is whether they have used the allotted number of rooms at that resort. So if they had 99 rooms at Pop available for free dining and you are the 100th person booking one. You are out of luck. You can change to a resort where there is availability though, and you would still keep your existing reservation. They would just make the adjustments.
Ok that makes sense. Lets just hope that if it is released to the GP that I'm not working an early shift so I can call right away. My DD will not be happy if we have to switch resorts. However though it might be better to switch as I will be paying the difference to get DP as it is only QS at values. Thanks for answering my question.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #582
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post

We are just referring to the free dining PINs. Disney only allots so many resorts/rooms available for this promotion and many have been filled. BUT, never fear, just like Disneyfan said, it free dining is opened to GP, there will be a fresh batch of rooms for the takin', Yea!!!! Calling as soon as the promotion is released will help ensure the odds of keeping/getting the room/resort of your choice. When there is news, it will be the talk of the town on here.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #583
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
There are no tickets with room only. If you have not bought your tickets yet, you will pay the high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yes. ANY change made, adding a discount, free dining, or whatever will change the price. My cousins were able to get a discount last year and called ot have it applied and their ticket price went up, but they still save about $50 each even after the price hike.
I had gotten 7 day hoppers, but then decided I really only needed 6 and i called to see the price difference. It was going to cost me MORE to take that 1 day off with the new price of tickets so I just left it.
Okay, so I bought everything as a package (tickets/room/dining) then took off dining because we changed our mind... So, if a RO dsct comes available and I am able to apply it, my tickets prices will go up? That is what I am thinking you guys are saying.

Does anyone know by how much?

Thanks!!!

Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #584
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Okay, so I bought everything as a package (tickets/room/dining) then took off dining because we changed our mind... So, if a RO dsct comes available and I am able to apply it, my tickets prices will go up? That is what I am thinking you guys are saying.

Does anyone know by how much?

Thanks!!!
You are correct, and I believe it was a 3% increase.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #585
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My TA said that if your package was booked before the increase they will honor the price even if you make changes but it has to be done through a supervisor at Disney. I had asked about possible changes to our package and that is what I was told. She said last year the price went up no matter what but this year they are honoring the price at time of booking for the tickets.
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: