Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #526
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,755

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
My travel agent never told me that, She said It would be the same price as before just more hotel days, and more dining plan days.
Did you book prior to the price increases? If so the agent had no way to even know it would happen. Especially the dining plan increase. That is something brand new. Has never happened mid year before. Now the ticket price increase happens yearly, but they just started charging the higher price for previously booked packages that are changed last year. If you don't make any changes, you don't have to pay it, but if you do make changes, then you do. That is assuming the dining plan increase will work the same as the ticket price increase, but I am sure it will.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #527
dizcrazee
DIS Veteran
 
dizcrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The current offer doesn't require 5 nights. It is just the example they use in the promo wording. People have booked with only 3 nights as usual.
Whew! That's a relief! We can only go for four nights. Thanks so much for the info!
__________________
I'm Dizcrazee!!!

Me DH DD:
dizcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #528
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
My travel agent never told me that, She said It would be the same price as before just more hotel days, and more dining plan days.
It's a new rule as of last year. In the old days as long as you locked in the price you were good, now any change that is made will increase the price with the new ticket price.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #529
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,293

So if the gp offer opens up and I change my dates from 11/10-11/16 to 11/11-11/17 then I will pay the increased ticket price. I'm not changing resort's or category and they shouldn't cancel my previous reservation just to make a one day change, or will they?
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #530
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Geez, as it is, if and when a discount comes out for November and I call to have it applied I am going to get slapped with a ticket increase of $118.56. Now it'll be more on top of that for a dining plan increase?? We have always stayed onsite but I am really starting to understand why more and more people aren't.


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #531
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,755

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
So if the gp offer opens up and I change my dates from 11/10-11/16 to 11/11-11/17 then I will pay the increased ticket price. I'm not changing resort's or category and they shouldn't cancel my previous reservation just to make a one day change, or will they?
Any change at all would incur the increase. Does not matter if it is the same reservation.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #532
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Did you book prior to the price increases? If so the agent had no way to even know it would happen. Especially the dining plan increase. That is something brand new. Has never happened mid year before. Now the ticket price increase happens yearly, but they just started charging the higher price for previously booked packages that are changed last year. If you don't make any changes, you don't have to pay it, but if you do make changes, then you do. That is assuming the dining plan increase will work the same as the ticket price increase, but I am sure it will.
I did book before the price increase, I booked in January. Here is the deal. When I booked I had a friend and her daughter that were going to come with us and they live in florida so on the day we arrive and the day we leave we were going to stay at her house. Well now they are moving back to my area. So I wont have her house for those to days. So I wanted to see if it would be cheaper to add another night in the begining and at the end of my trip so My kids and I would have a place to stay. I didnt know if it would just be cheaper to stay off site. Need a little bit of advice. I dont know any hotels outside of Disney and so I dont know the good ones or the bad ones but we are on a budget. So Any one know of any great cheap hotels for a single mom and three little girls to stay at. Something safe and clean. Probably with a pool or let me know if you think it would be better to just add the days on to my previous reservation?
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #533
peel
DIS Veteran
 
peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Waterbury, CT
Posts: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
I did book before the price increase, I booked in January. Here is the deal. When I booked I had a friend and her daughter that were going to come with us and they live in florida so on the day we arrive and the day we leave we were going to stay at her house. Well now they are moving back to my area. So I wont have her house for those to days. So I wanted to see if it would be cheaper to add another night in the begining and at the end of my trip so My kids and I would have a place to stay. I didnt know if it would just be cheaper to stay off site. Need a little bit of advice. I dont know any hotels outside of Disney and so I dont know the good ones or the bad ones but we are on a budget. So Any one know of any great cheap hotels for a single mom and three little girls to stay at. Something safe and clean. Probably with a pool or let me know if you think it would be better to just add the days on to my previous reservation?
Any time I've stayed off site it has been at Hotel Royal Plaza. Great rates and nice big rooms. But I was just looking at Buena Vista Suites, which has great deals through Mousesavers and includes free breakfast. Maybe check that place out too?
http://www.mousesavers.com/buena-vista-suites/

Incidentally, Mousesavers often has discounted rates at most of the area hotels, so you might save a little money if you poke around on that site.
__________________


peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #534
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Any change at all would incur the increase. Does not matter if it is the same reservation.
It kinda stinks. So far, if I get fd it will cost me another 70.00 dollars. Hopefully I won't have to change room category or it will go up again. Now I see why some people say fd sometimes is not free. I'm only saying this because I'm going based on only two people. Fd is a savings but not as much when your only looking at two people not a family of four or more.
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #535
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
Any time I've stayed off site it has been at Hotel Royal Plaza. Great rates and nice big rooms. But I was just looking at Buena Vista Suites, which has great deals through Mousesavers and includes free breakfast. Maybe check that place out too?
http://www.mousesavers.com/buena-vista-suites/

Incidentally, Mousesavers often has discounted rates at most of the area hotels, so you might save a little money if you poke around on that site.
Thank you! We have a groupon going around right now. It is for international Palms resort and conference for only $48 a night! Have you seen this one?
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #536
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran
 
Disneymoon09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 575

I just checked and it looks like freed dining was released to the public on July 12th last year. I'm sure this is general knowledge to most people haha. I called again today, no PIN. Come on! OH and on another thread someone said POP was already sold out for PINs. Please don't let that be true..I need 2 rooms at POP!
__________________
Me DH DS

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Disneymoon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #537
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

I don't know. If mousesavers is using the same "language" as Disney, then it sounds like the dining plan increase is for newly booked packages only after this past weekend. So far, I have not seen or heard anything about a dining plan increase if you make a change to an existing package. I realize this is the case for tickets, but so far none of the "language" being used indicates the price difference charge for dining will be incurred to existing package reservations as well
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy


Last edited by plutospalforever; 06-20-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spacing
plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #538
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,755

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
Something safe and clean. Probably with a pool or let me know if you think it would be better to just add the days on to my previous reservation?
Will you have a car or were you planning on magical express? We stayed offsite one night on a prior trip and one whole trip we stayed at an offsite timeshare. Nothing to write home about, so I don't have any recommendations, but I am sure you can save a lot by staying offsite the extra night.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #539
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I just checked and it looks like freed dining was released to the public on July 12th last year. I'm sure this is general knowledge to most people haha. I called again today, no PIN. Come on! OH and on another thread someone said POP was already sold out for PINs. Please don't let that be true..I need 2 rooms at POP!
What are your dates??? I was checking a week for each month the PIN is being offered (how I get my kicks) with my PIN and there were no Values available

Edit: I checked this morning.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #540
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,755

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Fd is a savings but not as much when your only looking at two people not a family of four or more.
I completely understand. I am booking for a large group, two of which are my parents and I hate to think how little they will end up saving.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: