Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #1516
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

So I'm confused. Have these new dates been confirmed? (Specifically dec 12)

If so we will be able to take advantage of FD with a split stay I had given up hope since the pin dates excluded Pop Warner week. Now to calculate if FD is a better deal for us.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1517
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Ok folks, new thread going so we can start fresh.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post48969007

Things will likely pick up fast once bookings begin.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #1518
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

We are trying to decide which way to go for our October trip....book with our AP discount (we usually stay at value resorts, so not much of a discount) or book the room no discount, pay for the 2day tickets (to give to grandkids on a later trip) and get free dining. I guess I will just have to run the numbers and see what makes sense. Anyone else already done that and care to share the results?

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #1519
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Bummer on the dates. We got a pin code for ours the 1st week of Dec but our family that we wanted to go with us didn't and now they probably won't get to come.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #1520
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Bummer on the dates. We got a pin code for ours the 1st week of Dec but our family that we wanted to go with us didn't and now they probably won't get to come.
So sorry! Are you already using 3 rooms??? If they are going the same time, you can book up to 3 rooms with your PIN. Just FYI- I know there can be other circumstances that make things more difficult. Good luck!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #1521
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
So sorry! Are you already using 3 rooms??? If they are going the same time, you can book up to 3 rooms with your PIN. Just FYI- I know there can be other circumstances that make things more difficult. Good luck!!
I was just going to say that. You can book the a room under with your PIN if they are traveling with you.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #1522
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd83102 View Post
so I noticed on the original post that the date has been changed to state that free dining would start on September 29th. Is this correct? We check in on the 28th (Saturday). I don't want to have to try and change up our package already booked and do a one night room only and then do a package starting on Sunday and risk having to move rooms/etc.
Us too ....I guess we'll attempt a split stay with room only the first night since we don't do parks that day anyway....and then Dining package starting on the 29th. I just pray they don't make us change rooms.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #1523
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not to be overlooked, yourfirstvisit.net also mentioned a ROOM ONLY discount would also be released "at or near the same time" as free dining. There could be a greater chance that there is RO discount for the first part of December-I know, not as great as FD, but something is better than nothing????
Any idea on if room discounts will have the same dates as FD? I think that would be a better deal for us (2 rooms at Yacht Club end of Oct/ beginning of Nov).
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #1524
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They weren't going to stay as long as us.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #1525
Angela72181
Mouseketeer

This had made my DAY...
Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
October 18 - November 2
November 11 - November 23
December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).

Good vibes everyone!!!
THANK YOU JOE!! Now I just hope there are rooms available for our stay at POFQ

This was awesome to get this news 6 days BEFORE my birthday AND 2 days BEFORE we leave for Disneyland...now we just gotta get to paying Decembers trip off once we get back from this one...
Angela72181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #1526
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It shouldn't matter. The trips don't have to be the same length. They just need to overlap and be at the same resort.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1527
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I'm not positive, but I think you could still do that as their stay will be while you are there, too. Would certainly be worth a call to check. Good luck!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #1528
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
You could do a 'split stay' - one ressie for 9th & 10th and the 2nd one starting on the 11th for the FD. From what I understand, you can pick up your park tickets 2-3 days early so you could still go to the parks before your FD ressie started if you wanted.
Yes this is correct, i just called. CM also stated PIN's are out for these dates but my Mickey Mailbox did not yet have a PIN. (So what else is new) They stated that they would split the ressie into two separate stays. Stay one would be a normal (rack rate) or room discount rate, for the days you stay before the FD dates. They second ressie would start at the FD dates and last through the rest of the trip. That puts most of our trip in the FD stay, and since its a Deluxe you get DDP and we never use all our credits unless we do room service or a bunch of double credit ressies..... Wonder if anyone has done this before...... CM stated we might have to change rooms .... Or even resorts
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #1529
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Yes this is correct, i just called. CM also stated PIN's are out for these dates but my Mickey Mailbox did not yet have a PIN. (So what else is new) They stated that they would split the ressie into two separate stays. Stay one would be a normal (rack rate) or room discount rate, for the days you stay before the FD dates. They second ressie would start at the FD dates and last through the rest of the trip. That puts most of our trip in the FD stay, and since its a Deluxe you get DDP and we never use all our credits unless we do room service or a bunch of double credit ressies..... Wonder if anyone has done this before...... CM stated we might have to change rooms .... Or even resorts
I have seen several posts from people that have done split stays like that.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #1530
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
If you link the two reservations, you have a strong chance of staying in the same room. I doubt you would have to change resorts, but some people choose to stay in two separate resorts to experience more than one on a single trip. I would pack a separate suitcase and put everything in it that all of you need for the first part of the stay. That way, if you need to change rooms, you haven't unpacked much and the move will go faster.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: