Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #1486
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Ugghhh, August? I guess better late than never but that puts me only 2 weeks out of my 45 day window so I guess I better be prepared to pay in full soon after booking.

Edited: I just checked and the speculated dates are:

September 29 to October 2, 2013
October 18 to November 2, 2013
November 11 to November 23, 2013
December 12 to December 22, 2013

Ugghhh, we wanted to check in on September 28th. So I guess we either knock a day off of our trip or do a double booking. How difficult is a double booking? We have plans for a park on the 29th, so if we booked a room only on the 28th then the package on the 29th, do they make us move rooms...etc? Seems like a hassle but I don't want to miss our first park day because we're moving rooms.
Nooooooooooooooooo! I'm going to cry. I really need FD for the first week of December to talk my husband into it!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #1487
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Here we are another Monday with no information. Not that I expected it. As I said, I basically am convinced August, if at all. But I really just want to know!!!! Repetitive, I know, but just skip my posts if you are getting bored with them.
Never could be bored with your posts!! Lol. ;-)
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #1488
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I know the first part of December was quite popular this year and there were a lot of bookings. There is Dispalooza and Pop Warner and anybody know of anything else???? I know I got PIN mid May and was looking into Dec 4-8 and there was nothing left but AK and that quickly became unavailable too. There is always a chance the US dates may include some of these days like the PIN did, but if bookings for that time are up, then probably not.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #1489
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Not to be overlooked, yourfirstvisit.net also mentioned a ROOM ONLY discount would also be released "at or near the same time" as free dining. There could be a greater chance that there is RO discount for the first part of December-I know, not as great as FD, but something is better than nothing????

Old 07-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #1490
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

So disappointed on the dates ... really needed the Nov 30-Dec 4

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #1491
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Not to be overlooked, yourfirstvisit.net also mentioned a ROOM ONLY discount would also be released "at or near the same time" as free dining. There could be a greater chance that there is RO discount for the first part of December-I know, not as great as FD, but something is better than nothing????
At this point, any DSCT would make me so very happy!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #1492
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sigh. Definately better than nothing but I doubt I'd be able to talk DH into a dining plan...he can't seem to get it that they are worth it. Hey, it's not his fault...he's never been to WDW before.
I am now checking into alternate dates that are not too crowded. Maybe the week of November 18th...

Last edited by CaraMiaBelle; 07-15-2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: November 18th, not 13th...
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #1493
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoogie

I wish as a family of 5 we could do a value resort besides a family suite such as Pop. It's less expensive to do POR than a family suite and even though the extra room in a suite is nice I will save the dough and just stay at POR. Last time we stayed there it was beyond hot (June 2011) and our walk from buses to room were so long. Hoping this time to have a shorter walk and temps will be better in Oct. My point is I totally get staying somewhere to save money lol.
I managed to drop $2000 off our original booking plus airfare price. So that made my husband very happy. We figured if wr both don't sleep comfortably on a double than we'll each sleep with one of the kids. We'll adjust as needed. But I think we'll be so tired after a day at the parks that we'll just pass out without a problem.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #1494
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugghhh, August? I guess better late than never but that puts me only 2 weeks out of my 45 day window so I guess I better be prepared to pay in full soon after booking.

Edited: I just checked and the speculated dates are:

September 29 to October 2, 2013
October 18 to November 2, 2013
November 11 to November 23, 2013
December 12 to December 22, 2013

Ugghhh, we wanted to check in on September 28th. So I guess we either knock a day off of our trip or do a double booking. How difficult is a double booking? We have plans for a park on the 29th, so if we booked a room only on the 28th then the package on the 29th, do they make us move rooms...etc? Seems like a hassle but I don't want to miss our first park day because we're moving rooms.

Is black getting the same info on the dates????
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #1495
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Sigh. Definately better than nothing but I doubt I'd be able to talk DH into a dining plan...he can't seem to get it that they are worth it. Hey, it's not his fault...he's never been to WDW before.
I am now checking into alternate dates that are not too crowded. Maybe the week of November 18th...
Yea!! Good luck!!! I bet the Nov 18th week would be better anyway

Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #1496
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Is black getting the same info on the dates????
Haven't heard from Joe/Black or Danny so I don't know.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #1497
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haven't heard from Joe/Black or Danny so I don't know.
Ok.. thanks! We are checking in on Dec. 4th so I was just curious... THANKS SO MUCH for posting the info you are finding!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #1498
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea!! Good luck!!! I bet the Nov 18th week would be better anyway
Well, it is always good to have a back up plan anyway.
It doesn't look too much more crowded that week, so maybe we would be o.k. I guess it comes down to whether we could get reasonable airfare that week too.
Not that I am changing my plans right now based on this info, but I do want to be prepared to make any changes needed if I have too.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #1499
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Well, it is always good to have a back up plan anyway.
It doesn't look too much more crowded that week, so maybe we would be o.k. I guess it comes down to whether we could get reasonable airfare that week too.
Not that I am changing my plans right now based on this info, but I do want to be prepared to make any changes needed if I have too.
Glad you can have a plan B, but you're right, would not get airfare until deal comes out for sure. Hope everything works out!!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #1500
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Ok.. thanks! We are checking in on Dec. 4th so I was just curious... THANKS SO MUCH for posting the info you are finding!
Hopefully one of them will chime in soon......they are always so reliable and if this is true information I'm sure they will let us know as soon as they can confirm it with their sources.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: