Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #91
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Yea - Jamaica details! I'm not sure what happened on our call yesterday. But I knew the girls were being a little difficult for you so I just figured we'd talk later.

So, I looked at the chart you sent me. Questions:
1) I assume you're not getting Park Hoppers?
2) You're not planning to go to AK until day #6???
3) What day can you make ADRs? What restaurants are you thinking about?

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #92
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Yea - Jamaica details! I'm not sure what happened on our call yesterday. But I knew the girls were being a little difficult for you so I just figured we'd talk later.

So, I looked at the chart you sent me. Questions:
1) I assume you're not getting Park Hoppers?
2) You're not planning to go to AK until day #6???
3) What day can you make ADRs? What restaurants are you thinking about?
I said "Hold on" and clicked to answer a call! It's okay, because they were being a little crazy and I had to start making our early bird dinner!

I'm about to post some Trip stuff! SHHH!!! You are spilling secrets!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #93
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay, so….

We booked our trip this morning!!!!!

We decided to book POR for this trip. Cortlyn had wanted a Pirate room, but I'm just not sure if I want to upgrade to that. Corey said that we should POR, since that is the resort I have wanted to stay at since our very first trip. Plus, this may be our last trip for a couple of years, since we want to do some beach trips. This is still up for debate though, since we have talked about possibly buying into DVC. We haven't decided for sure on that yet though (that is another post for another day!). Anyway, we want to have a little more space, but we don't want to splurge on the suite again. We went ahead and booked the package- basic tickets and the dining plan, but I really go back and forth on that dining plan!!!! I feel like the price has risen so much and I'm fairly sure I could save money by not getting it- but if we by some miracle get free dining, then that won't be an issue, right?

I am totally bummed that it looks like we will have to do the Magic Bands. I HATE wearing bracelets and I don't want to have to plan my FPs for the day… Oh well. I'll get used to it- it's Disney after all!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 09-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #94
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Oh my God! Yea!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO EXCITED that you booked POR! I know you've wanted to stay there for YEARS! Especially if you guys buy DVC, this may be the last trip you'll want to book a moderate for more than a night or two.

I know we've talked at length about the dining plan. I go back and forth too. And now that the price has gone up, it's even more discouraging. Luckily, you still have time to decide and even plenty of time for other deals to be released.

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #95
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Oh my God! Yea!!!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO EXCITED that you booked POR! I know you've wanted to stay there for YEARS! Especially if you guys buy DVC, this may be the last trip you'll want to book a moderate for more than a night or two.

I know we've talked at length about the dining plan. I go back and forth too. And now that the price has gone up, it's even more discouraging. Luckily, you still have time to decide and even plenty of time for other deals to be released.
Yup, that's my thinking about POR. If we end up with DVC, then we'll likely do values for a night or whatever. Apparently you can use your points for Mod when they don't have any DVC rooms.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #96
Corjack
Free Dining 2010

YAY for booking!

Why do you have to do the magic bands? Is it for all resort guests? I have read very little on the subject.
Third trip 2000
First time at WDW resort POP Century April 2008
POP April 2009
POP Aug 2010
ASMu May 2011
POP Oct/Nov 2012
POP APRIL 2013
Next APRIL 2014[/color]

DH42 Me40 DD9 DS5 DD3
Corjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #97
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corjack View Post
YAY for booking!

Why do you have to do the magic bands? Is it for all resort guests? I have read very little on the subject.
Apparently by then, it will be for all guests. When I look at my reservations on the "my Disney Experience" it's got info about the magic bands. I just don't like the idea that I have to book my FP's early since I have small kids- we ALL know that they are unpredictable! PLUS, I have a small kid! If she doesn't have the same thing that Sissy has (a band!) then she will get REALLY upset. I read a blogpost where someone asked a CM that she said that the CM looked completely stunned- that it never occurred to that CM that a 2 year old would want a band. I have heard/seen that some toddlers are getting the bands, some aren't… I hope they figure it out by then- but a magic band for my ALMOST 3 year old will be mandatory lest we have to deal with…

Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #98
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Soooo… Today was the DAY!!!

I made my ADR's!!!

Let's start with the plans for my days:

Sun-MK, early EMH
Mon-Epcot
Tues-HS
Wed-Break
Thur-MK, Early EMH again!
Fri- AK

This is subject to change though. See… we aren't sure if we are driving or flying, and if we fly, we're not sure if we will fly out of Indy/St Louis (we're smack dab in the middle of them both!) or if we will fly out of Nashville, since there is a good chance that Corey will have to be in Nashville that weekend for Basketball Tournaments!! It's going to be quite complicated for us! My HOPE is that we can leave from Nashville on Saturday morning- fly or drive! It's about a 10 hour drive from Nashville and Airtran goes between Nashville and Orlando, but the flights right NOW are outrageous! Nothing under $200 for one way! I have to buy 4 tickets this time, so I need about $200 roundtrip in order for flying to be a good option for us. Otherwise, driving will be fine!

So, now on to this morning! It started off well, I woke up around 6 and got the laptop out. I logged into the Disney site and clicked on CRT. I was happy, because they had plenty of breakfast options… so I picked a later breakfast, entered in my CC info and clicked the button. And then it happened. The page CRASHED! It wouldn't work! I kept refreshing and going back a page. NOTHING was working! I texted Jen and Shelley, they both replied the site wasn't working for them either. Of course, I called the dining line, and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly a Cast Member answered the phone after the prompts! She was super nice (but had no idea why the site was down!) and we were able to book all of my reservations! We have a few new and a few favorites for this trip!

So here is my list!!

Sun- O'hana Dinner! NEW!!!!
Mon-Teppan Edo Dinner! NEW!!!!
Tues-Hollywood & Vine Breakfast
Wed- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Thurs- CRT Breakfast
Fri- Tusker House Breakfast

We also may do a dinner at Boatwright's since we'll be staying at POR. We aren't going to book anything right now, but I'm hoping we can just get a walk-up if we decide to do it one night. Depending on how we are traveling, I also may make a ressie at Kona for Breakfast on Saturday- I will have to see if we are driving or flying before I make that ressie. So those are two other options we have in the wings!

I also think that since we're doing so many buffets that we will likely NOT do the dining plan, unless we a get free dining discount (which I'm not holding my breath for, but I AM hopeful, since they did a big free dining promo for the fall!). We are doing so many all you can eat/buffets breakfasts that it doesn't make sense to have the dining plan. I'm leaving it on my reservation for now, helps for budgeting right now!

Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #99
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY for booking!! I am not looking forward to using the magic bands either. I agree with having small children how can you plan your FP before you even go on your trip. I also am not one to have a trip so organized like that also. I like to be able to do what I want when I want, which you still can but I want to get my FP when I want.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #100
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
YAY for booking!! I am not looking forward to using the magic bands either. I agree with having small children how can you plan your FP before you even go on your trip. I also am not one to have a trip so organized like that also. I like to be able to do what I want when I want, which you still can but I want to get my FP when I want.
I know! I like to gauge my kid's attention spans and nap times before I grab a FP. I know that you technically can change the times via the app or kiosks in the park, but is that going to be reasonably done on a crowded day in the park?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #101
francis6306
DIS Veteran

More Jamaica!

So, I chose to enjoy some drinks, but not as heavily as others on our trip… I've actually never had "too much" to drink, because I'm a bit of a control freak and I cannot stand the thought of not being in complete control of myself and my actions. Anyway, I sipped on rum punch or strawberry daiquiris in between cokes and water.

My Strawberry is at the top… we had several colorful drinks over the weekend!

The resort is an all-inclusive and had a buffet that was opened all day. There was also the "Barefoot Grille" and Jerk Hut for lunch. For dinner, there were a few places to eat that you had to make reservations the day before (and ONLY the day before! Where is my 180 days???) We went to the Seabreeze (Seafood), Kenko (Japanese/Jamaican fusion) and Sorrento (Italian).

My favorite was Kenko. It was a hibachi/teppanyaki place. It was really good, but not totally traditional Japanese. We had a girl chef and she was amazing!

Sorrento, was good, but I guess I just assumed there would be more Pasta dishes, and there wasn't. I was a little disappointed, but luckily that day at lunch, the buffet had a pasta station and I got chicken alfredo then.

So that's my Jamaica trip… lots of sleeping and resting with a lot of girl time! I am SO glad that I went, as I have had a pretty crappy summer. I am so grateful for a supportive husband that can step up and take care of the kids and isn't afraid to let me go out of town.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #102
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I have to stop looking at times and hours and such. I keep over thinking and getting myself confused! haha!

So, anyway, My plan will work out for us even if we arrive on Sunday, vs Saturday. Although, I DO hope we can arrive on Saturday… Not sure if I've explained the problem, but the Basketball Tournaments happen that weekend- they start on Thursday. And who goes to tournaments with the team? The Cheerleaders and band! If the Basketball teams stinks, then they won't make it to the tourny and easy peasy because the band won't go without the basketball team! The OVC has the men's and women's Tourney's the same weekend, which is nice- a lot of other conferences host them over two weekends, which would make this trip impossible.

So, if they make it to the tourny, then Corey will already be in Nashville on friday. When Cortlyn comes home from school that day, we will jump in the car and head to Nashville- either way! We have friends in the area andNashville is a good stopping point. Orlando is only about 10 hours from there. So we will just leave early on Saturday. HOWEVER, if the basketball teams are GOOD, then Corey may have to stay with the band. UNLESS he has a good Grad Student that can come to the Tourny and stay with the band if the team is good.

Now, we MAY be able to fly from Nashville or Memphis to Orlando, but then coming home gets tricky… I'm still watching for good deals. If we can get it for under $100 each way, then I MAY consider flying. But buying 4 tickets is the hard part! I'm doing my part to get points from Airtran through ERewards… I should have enough for one flight for me, so that would be good. We'll see if that will work out for us- but I'm not planning on it.

If Corey has to stay with the team, then we will just leave Sunday morning… which will shift everything around. I will move our EPCOT day to Wed and we just won't have a break day. Why you ask? Because I can't imagine going to Disney World and NOT going to MK first!! It's a MUST!! I KNOW the other parks are good- but I like to START by seeing the Castle and It's a Small World people!!!!

Of course, if we have to leave on Sunday morning, I want to leave SUPER early- because I do NOT want to cancel my Ohana ressie on Sunday evening! We have never been there, and I think we will like it.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #103
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love the Jamica trip. It's one of those places I still want to see!

I know what you mean about the dining plan. It's getting higher and higher. Do an add up of the buffets though. They are really high too. UGH! The year I went without dining I really avoided most of the buffets because they were so high priced, even breakfast. We did 1900PF for breakfast and I think it was like $60 or more with just the 2 of us.
I know I probably don't save much though either with the plan, but I do like the prepaid part. Once Claire goes to adult price though, I really will be reconsidering it.

I hope you can get there early rather than later. I bet it is driving you batty not knowing.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #104
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Love the Jamica trip. It's one of those places I still want to see!

I know what you mean about the dining plan. It's getting higher and higher. Do an add up of the buffets though. They are really high too. UGH! The year I went without dining I really avoided most of the buffets because they were so high priced, even breakfast. We did 1900PF for breakfast and I think it was like $60 or more with just the 2 of us.
I know I probably don't save much though either with the plan, but I do like the prepaid part. Once Claire goes to adult price though, I really will be reconsidering it.

I hope you can get there early rather than later. I bet it is driving you batty not knowing.
I really enjoyed it! I think you know, I'm so landlocked, I have to travel pretty far to get to a beach anyway, why limit us to the Florida beaches? We could go anywhere!

Yeah, I'm going to add everything up closer to time. Honestly, I'm really hoping for a decent shot at Free Dining. I know it's a long shot, but I gotta hope for it!! If we get free dining, then of course, we'll have the dining plan. The "prepaid" part is the best part though.

Um, yeah! It's really hard! Hopefully we will have a good idea closer to the trip. It's really going to depend on his staff and the basketball team.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #105
francis6306
DIS Veteran

OMG. I had a LONG post written and my internet crashed!! My WHOLE post is gone.

Not that I have a ton of readers, but still!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: