Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #151
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Cortlyn rode in the parade, so of course, we had to go to see her!

Daddy's band was there, too! Alumni get to preform with the band, so that's a FT from the 80's and she was AMAZING. Of course, she still teaches baton, so she has to be able to do the work, but MAN… she was incredible to watch!

Catie enjoyed getting the candy and was VERY good about staying on the sidewalk.

And here is the truck Cortlyn was in!!

Here we are with Billy the Panther!

On the field ready for the announcement of the Royal Court!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #152
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oh what a cutie!!!!!!!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #153
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Wow lots of exciting things going on! I also went back to school when I was "older". My first BA proved to be useless so I got a BS in accounting. That I use. I went back at 24, so not that old, but still older than most. Cortlyn looks so pretty in her princess pictures! LOVE the blue dress! Such a great color!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #154
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Cortlyn looks just like a princess! How exciting for you guys!! It looks like your family had a wonderful time. Also congrats on making it to round 2 of the mom's panel, that would be super cool. I didn't read that you have heard anything more yet, right? I really hope you do. A fellow disser on the panel is always a good thing .
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #155
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh what a cutie!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! She was pretty cute! I'm glad that is over with though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Wow lots of exciting things going on! I also went back to school when I was "older". My first BA proved to be useless so I got a BS in accounting. That I use. I went back at 24, so not that old, but still older than most. Cortlyn looks so pretty in her princess pictures! LOVE the blue dress! Such a great color!
That dress was SO perfect!! It came from Sears. She loves the dress as well! I'm hoping that it will make it as a "Christmas" dress, but I'm not sure she is going to let it just hang in her close for another few months…

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Cortlyn looks just like a princess! How exciting for you guys!! It looks like your family had a wonderful time. Also congrats on making it to round 2 of the mom's panel, that would be super cool. I didn't read that you have heard anything more yet, right? I really hope you do. A fellow disser on the panel is always a good thing .
Yup! I got my "officially official" email on Friday at 3:15pm! Looking forward to Monday's release of the questions- but of course, this week will be a crazy week for us, since my Church is gearing up for our "Pumpkinfest" & the band has a big Competition that we host- both events on Saturday and I'm helping with different things for both things throughout the week!! I hope that I'm able to focus and get my stuff done early!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 10-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #156
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Wow Sears? Who would have thunk it! Although Sears has some great items. I got my prom dress at Sears for my Senior prom (13.5 years ago) and it was the most original one there! In a color I swore I'd never wear (white with silver threads woven through) and at a store I SWORE I would NOT SHOP at!
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #157
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just look at your two little Princesses! That dress was perfect! I'm talking all the way down to the color. You lucked up girl.

It looks like ya'll had a great time at the parade.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #158
lheav09
Earning My Ears

Cortlyn looked gorgeous! I bet she had a blast!!

Lauren (Me) Jeff (DH) Michaela aka Mickey! (2)

March 2014 - POFQ
lheav09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #159
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow Sears? Who would have thunk it! Although Sears has some great items. I got my prom dress at Sears for my Senior prom (13.5 years ago) and it was the most original one there! In a color I swore I'd never wear (white with silver threads woven through) and at a store I SWORE I would NOT SHOP at!
Well, you have to know- we are literally out in the middle of Nowhere, Illinois. This is the closest "Mall" to us- and from where I'm from- it ain't no kinda mall! Sears, Carson and JC Penney's are my only options close by. I really didn't expect to find anything at those places, but it was like God just smiled and said "Here ya go!" when I stepped into the kid's section, because that dress was the FIRST one I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just look at your two little Princesses! That dress was perfect! I'm talking all the way down to the color. You lucked up girl.

It looks like ya'll had a great time at the parade.
Oh yes! Catie was a perfect princess-in-waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lheav09 View Post
Cortlyn looked gorgeous! I bet she had a blast!!
Thank you! She LOVED it!!

Old 10-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #160
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Whew! Well, it's over! I have answered my R2 questions and made a video. Nothing left for me to do but hope that the finds me!

So, you know, back to some ACTUAL trip planning!!! Here is my list of to-do's still…
  1. Make a ressie for Catie's first haircut at the Harmony Barber Shop!
  2. Figure out my FP+ wants… 3 FP's at each park is LAME, and I hear that the hard tickets probably will NOT be available in March.
  3. Customize the Magic Bands- I hate that they don't have a Purple option! It's my favorite color!!
  4. Figure out transportation and finalize days.
  5. Shop for clothes and hairbows for the girls!

I'm sure there are more…

Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Well, you have to know- we are literally out in the middle of Nowhere, Illinois. This is the closest "Mall" to us- and from where I'm from- it ain't no kinda mall! Sears, Carson and JC Penney's are my only options close by. I really didn't expect to find anything at those places, but it was like God just smiled and said "Here ya go!" when I stepped into the kid's section, because that dress was the FIRST one I saw.
haha I always think I live in the middle of no where until i go to other states and things are LITERALLY in the middle of no where! That dress was so perfect though! I absolutely love the color (i know I said that already lol).
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #162
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Doesn't it feel good knowing that we have Round 2 answers and video done?

Now, you can get back to trip planning and keep your mind off when we'll hear something next. I'm not too sure how all the Fastpass+ and magic bands work yet but I'm hoping that all of the kinks will be out by the time we get there in May. Maybe I can even learn some tricks and tips from you.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #163
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
haha I always think I live in the middle of no where until i go to other states and things are LITERALLY in the middle of no where! That dress was so perfect though! I absolutely love the color (i know I said that already lol).
I know what you mean! I grew up near Atlanta- about an hour north and thought it was SO FAR to everything fun… Except NOW, it's just as far to just get to TARGET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Doesn't it feel good knowing that we have Round 2 answers and video done?

Now, you can get back to trip planning and keep your mind off when we'll hear something next. I'm not too sure how all the Fastpass+ and magic bands work yet but I'm hoping that all of the kinks will be out by the time we get there in May. Maybe I can even learn some tricks and tips from you.
It does feel good! I'll be good through this week and I'll start to get nervous again next weekend I'm sure!

You know, I will tell you ALL I learn!

Old 11-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #164
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay, I SWEAR I haven't forgotten about this little PTR! October was just so crazy and it spilled over into November! Sigh!

I have a friend from another forum that is going to be at POFQ the same time and she posted that we only have FOUR months until our trip! I cannot believe that! It just seems so crazy to me!! I can't wait to actually get to meet her and her family! (And I love that when it comes to Disney- THAT is not a weird statement to make about a FRIEND! ) I'm also talking to a friend who lives in town and she said that her family may end up going to WDW that week as well! I am so excited about that! How many sentences can I end with the "!" in this paragraph?? haha.

Quickly, lets go over my "Day 2"- I don't think I've done this yet!! If I did… well, hopefully my ideas haven't changed!

Day 2 (of our "perfect plan") will be in EPCOT!

We'll start the day with a quick breakfast- maybe in the room or grab something from the food court at POR. I guess this boils down to if we fly or drive… If we drive, then we could take milk and cereal with us… I'm going to miss that microwave in the room like we had in our Nemo suite! It was SO nice to have oatmeal in the morning for breakfast on the cooler mornings. If we fly- well, then of course, we'll just grab something!

I'm super excited about this! I know that we would get our FP+ for Soaring- but other than that… who knows? My idea is that we will spend the morning in Future World. I think there is plenty there for us to do that we have missed or skipped over. I know that we will hang out in the Land for a while- gotta take the girls to see those giant lemons and learn the history of farming! I also want to go on Test Track this trip! I was so upset on our last trip that it was shut down, because in 2010, I was prego! It's just not fair that I haven't gotten to ride it! We will also make sure to check out the Seas- LOVE Nemo and Crush! I want to make sure to take Catie into the Innoventions area as well. We didn't do any of that last year- I'm not sure why. I know that Catie will enjoy those science experiments- do they still let you make paper? I think she would LOVE that!

This trip, I want to commit to the character spot! We always seem to skip this- but I really want to try and get in there. We also have to go and test the new sodas in the Club Cool!

I'm not sure what we will do for Lunch… We will likely to a QS- but WHERE?? I know we like Sunshine Seasons, but I kinda want to try something new! We haven't been to the Electric Umbrella- I know my husband would love the Meatball sub, but nothing else really "speaks" to me on the menu… I know we would LOVE the Cantina- but we have Mexican places all around us. I would like the Yorkshire Fish and Chips- but I don't know if that would be cool with my husband! Anyone have any "Must have" QS here???

I know, I have shared, but we have Dinner ressies at Teppan Edo for 6:30!! I'm SO excited about this! We LOVE Japanese food- and we don't have any options around us! It will be amazing, I know!

Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #165
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Christen! I've fallen hopelessly behind - so sorry!

Oh doesn't it make a mama's heart melt to see your little princess! Honestly, she was so adorable and that dress was beeeuuutiful!

As for your day 2 park plans I do think there's plenty to keep anyone busy between the Land and the Seas and Innoventions alone - not to mention the Character spot.

For your QS meal have you considered a sandwich or something similar at the French Bakery (Les Halles) or Norway's Kringla Og Bakeri. At the French bakery there are quiches as well so a few options. I'm not a fan of Electric Umbrella so I won't steer you in that direction.

Wow! 4 months! Time is moving so fast.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: