Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #1441
mickeym422
Mouseketeer

BWV rooms

we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a
Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View
is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel
mickeym422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #1442
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post
we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a
Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View
is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel
Welcome! I can answer your booking question. When you book using points, either your own or rented, you will not receive daily housekeeping. When you book a "cash reservation" through the WDTC, you receive daily housekeeping and you can use applicable discounts such as a percentage off or Free Dining, for example.

When you book a cash reservation you can make changes at any time, as often as you'd like, without penalty. You can also cancel a room-only booking within 5 days of arrival without penalty. There are more restrictions and penalties for changing and canceling on points and you won't have any control over the reservation. The owner controls the reservation and DVC will only deal/speak with the owner, even though your name is on the reservation.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1443
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeym422 View Post
we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel
There are two booking categories for Boardwalk Villas when booking through DVC... Standard and preferred. Preferred is either a garden, pool or boardwalk view (I think.... I own there but still not 100%... Lol). Standard is parking area view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
gray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #1444
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post

There are two booking categories for Boardwalk Villas when booking through DVC... Standard and preferred. Preferred is either a garden, pool or boardwalk view (I think.... I own there but still not 100%... Lol). Standard is parking area view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nope, Boardwalk view is a booking category. If you have preferred view, then you'll either be looking at the pool of the Village Green.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1445
jamerican
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Nope, Boardwalk view is a booking category. If you have preferred view, then you'll either be looking at the pool of the Village Green.
We stayed in October on rented points with preferred view...our first night we were in 4060 and it was a few of Luna Park Pool. We moved for the rest of our stay to 4053. It was a view of village green with partial Boardwalk. We could see the Boardwalk Bakery from the room, the boat dock, bike rental. It was above Wyland Gallery. Both rooms were close to the elevator. We LOVED 4053 and will likely request that room or 5053 next time we go...this was our first stay and we never want to stay anywhere else when we return

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
jamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #1446
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
unfortunately, preferred could also be that courtyard area facing the canal and swan. as you are walking from DHS, first you pass the villa pool on your right, then the Luna pool on your right, then this courtyard, before you get to jelly rolls. (i believe on some maps it is called the "activity" lawn.)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1447
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

A studio is not your normal room. It will have one queen bed and a pullout sofa bed.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #1448
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

A studio will only have four bath towels. You'll get clean towels every four days. If you have four people, you get one towel per person. You will need to pay for extra towels if you want clean towels every day or want more than one towel per person. The same occurs in the one bedroom villa since they also only sleep four.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #1449
smidgy
dimples

see, to me it doesn't matter. you use the towels to dry off your clean body after bathing. once it dries, it is reusable.

and they have towels at the pool to dry off there before you come back to the room anyway . (no, you can't bring the pool towels to your room)

it's a "home away from home" because , in a way you do a little of your own housekeeping, in exchange for the break in price.

how hard is it to bring your garbage to the garbage room and make your own beds? splash around the sink to get the toothpaste off etc.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1450
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

I know I asked this a few weeks back, but for those who have used magical express in the recent days, was Boardwalk still the second drop off? Arriving bright and early Friday morning and trying to figure out what time I may arrive at the resort! Thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1451
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I know I asked this a few weeks back, but for those who have used magical express in the recent days, was Boardwalk still the second drop off? Arriving bright and early Friday morning and trying to figure out what time I may arrive at the resort! Thanks!
Last week it was 1st - BW, then AKL Jambo, then AKL Kidani. I'd never seen it do that route before (I was staying at Kidani this trip but have stayed at BWI/BWV before).

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1452
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I wouldn't count on any past experience with DME to say what your future drop off order will be. In the times that I've stayed at BW, we've been the first, third, and fourth drop off. Expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised by anything better.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #1453
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Magic+ Thumb-drive Package

For those of you that haven't seen this in person yet here is some pictures of the Magic+ Thumb-drive package. My vacation is at the end of May and we got our package today

http://imgur.com/a/RTmyG

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
The Sunrise Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #1454
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars
Old 12-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #1455
WDWKOOK

Duplicate Post.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: