Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #1411
GinnerD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

The weather has been fabulous! This is my last night at the Boardwalk (moving to my favorite, WL tomorrow) and I have loved every minute. The views are great and the ability to access two parks so easily is the best. I am looking forward to WL, but will surely stay here again.

GinnerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #1412
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnerD View Post
The weather has been fabulous! This is my last night at the Boardwalk (moving to my favorite, WL tomorrow) and I have loved every minute. The views are great and the ability to access two parks so easily is the best. I am looking forward to WL, but will surely stay here again.
We've done that same split before and you're moving to our favorite, too. Hope to see you on the WL thread soon. Are you staying CL?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #1413
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

The options for room requests during online check-in were....
ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, pool view, near elevator and near lobby. I checked near elevator and near lobby. Hopefully those were the best options to pick?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #1414
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Hi all!
My children & I will be @ BWI 2/5-2/11, does anyone know if the main pool has any scheduled rehabs during that time frame?
I checked Allears, couldn't find anything regarding resort pool renovations.
LuvLDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #1415
snausman
Mouseketeer

Hi All and KOOK, we will be staying here Dec.14 thru Dec. 19. It will be my husband and I on this trip. Really looking forward to staying CL on our first trip to BW. I just cancelled our reservation at Beach Club. I was not reading very good reviews on their CL. So I thought I would try it here. KOOK, its great to talk to you again. I haven't talk to you since our CR CL stay in Sept.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***

Last edited by snausman; 12-08-2013 at 05:17 PM.
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #1416
Jrpbabe2003
Mouseketeer

free food!

We will be leaving Tuesday to go home and we have some leftover food. Free to anyone who wants it. Unopened half gallon on organic reducedfat milk, about 15 string cheeses and some beer. Anyone? Will meet tomorrow :-)
Jrpbabe2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #1417
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpbabe2003 View Post
We will be leaving Tuesday to go home and we have some leftover food. Free to anyone who wants it. Unopened half gallon on organic reducedfat milk, about 15 string cheeses and some beer. Anyone? Will meet tomorrow :-)
not to try to disappoint anyone there right now able to benefit from your generosity (and that is very kind of you), do you know you can bring the beer in your checked bag? (as long as it doesn't put you over the weight limit)
string cheese, too. cheese stays good unrefrigerated for quite a while.
but it is very nice to pass stuff on, too!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #1418
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
not to try to disappoint anyone there right now able to benefit from your generosity (and that is very kind of you), do you know you can bring the beer in your checked bag? :
oh my

I have a feeling they didn't know me when they made that rule.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #1419
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
The options for room requests during online check-in were....
ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, pool view, near elevator and near lobby. I checked near elevator and near lobby. Hopefully those were the best options to pick?
Just reminding everyone that OCI limits you to pre-set options that may not even be possible or relevant to your specific booking. Always call the WDTC to have any requests added to your reservation that may not be included with OCI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
Hi all!
My children & I will be @ BWI 2/5-2/11, does anyone know if the main pool has any scheduled rehabs during that time frame?
I checked Allears, couldn't find anything regarding resort pool renovations.
If you haven't found it online, then it's either not happening during your stay or it hasn't been scheduled yet. It's more likely that there won't be any rehab at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
Hi All and KOOK, we will be staying here Dec.14 thru Dec. 19. It will be my husband and I on this trip. Really looking forward to staying CL on our first trip to BW. I just cancelled our reservation at Beach Club. I was not reading very good reviews on their CL. So I thought I would try it here. KOOK, its great to talk to you again. I haven't talk to you since our CR CL stay in Sept.

Laura
Welcome, Laura! It looks like we miss each other by a few days, though we'll be over on Bay Lake. It's great that you're trying out the Innkeeper's Club and we can't wait to hear about your stay. Safe travels to you and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpbabe2003 View Post
That's very kind of you to offer your goodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
oh my

I have a feeling they didn't know me when they made that rule.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #1420
smidgy
dimples

I believe you are limited a 5 litres per checked bag of alcohol. (depends on the airline, and the weight, of course.)
we bring a 1.75 bottle of vodka and a 1.75 bottle of whiskey in our 2 bags. we don't bring beer becausea 12 pack is heavier than a bottle of booze. and you get the
"mixers" with your refillable mug.

early in the trip, we go to DTD and use that planet hollywood voucher. then walk across the street to the Hess and buy an 18 pack of miller lite. very reasonable. they let you bring it on the bus. (if you have any left, it won't be that much to be too heavy to bring home)

BUT!!! at Boardwalk!!! it was a 6 minute walk for me from the lobby entrance of BW to another hess gas station. (I walk fast). I grabbed a 12 pack , a bottle of wine, and a bag of chips. you could probably buy more stuff if you bring your rolling luggage bag. we did this on harbor blvd. in Annaheim. (they have other groceries like bread, etc.)

I'm thinking they also had small sub sandwiches. a great thing to grab for a quick lunch or late dinner of you had a nice lunch.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #1421
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever used the grills at bwv? I was wondering if they are always available and what you have to do clean them when your done.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #1422
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Welcome, Laura! It looks like we miss each other by a few days, though we'll be over on Bay Lake. It's great that you're trying out the Innkeeper's Club and we can't wait to hear about your stay. Safe travels to you and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin
We do seem to miss each other whether its at WL or CR. And now at BWI. Will tell you all how our stay is. So looking forward to this stay! Thank you for adding us to the list.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #1423
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas December 3 - 8. I must admit I was mildly surprised by how much I liked it. We will definitely stay again, just not sure when (we are going back in September, but I am torn between AKL and the BWV...mainly because I don't like the clown pool).
Old 12-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1424
gray52
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas December 3 - 8. I must admit I was mildly surprised by how much I liked it. We will definitely stay again, just not sure when (we are going back in September, but I am torn between AKL and the BWV...mainly because I don't like the clown pool).
I keep hearing people say they don't like the clown pool... I just don't get what it is they don't like? The actual pool? The clown? The clown does kinda remind me of something out of a Stephen King novel... But I kinda like that!

The ability to walk to two parks... The views... The booking categories... We just think BWV is the overall blue ribbon winner!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
gray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #1425
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray52 View Post
I keep hearing people say they don't like the clown pool... I just don't get what it is they don't like? The actual pool? The clown? The clown does kinda remind me of something out of a Stephen King novel... But I kinda like that!

The ability to walk to two parks... The views... The booking categories... We just think BWV is the overall blue ribbon winner!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It's definitely the clown...I'm not a fan of clowns. We've decided to do a split stay...AKL and BWV in September.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: