Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #1321
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiequsie60 View Post
Hi there! I've been all over these boards with my questions and advice seeking. I guess I never posted in this thread about our final plans. I'd LOVE to be a part of the Boardwalk Bulletin!!

My hubby and I are taking our first solo trip February 1-8 and staying at the BWI in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary.

It's our 6th or 7th trip to WDW, but it's also a few "firsts" for us:

1st trip without our kids (now 22 and 23 years old)
1st stay at a Deluxe resort
1st trip during a non-peak time

It's been a bit of a dream to stay at the Boardwalk Inn. It's still a little out of our price range, but with the 35% discount and the fact that it is our 25th wedding anniversary, we said "let's go for it!!"

I soooooooo can't wait.

SQ
How exciting! This will be a memorable trip for you and DH. Make sure your anniversary is noted in your reservation and I'll add you to the BWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Thanks. If you have time to add me to the bulletin, feel free. 10/4 to 10/10. BWV standard view studio. But, my dates may change with the school calendar or a couple days at VGF. If you would prefer to wait, then that it is ok.
It would be my pleasure to add you and congratulations on booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
We will be there the 4th-7th. This is about our fourth trip without our kids (23,20,20) and you will love it. We have stayed at Deluxe's before, but this will be the first time at BWI. Like you, it is a little out of our price range, but it was on my bucket list and the 35% off tripped the trigger. We always go on non peak times. My wife and I are taking our kidless trips very seriously, as we just peruse at our own pace. Figure we have a few more trips of our own before the hectic grandkid trips start to appear on the horizon.

I sooooooooo can't wait either
Haven't had a kidless trip anywhere in over 15 years, but they sound very relaxing. I'll add you to our BoardWalk Bulletin, too.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #1322
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

We are headed back home . We stayed at BWI March of 2012 and our last trip March 2013 we stayed at BC (for the pool). But we are headed back this Christmas December 28th - January 6th. We are starting out our vacation at Poly from Dec 25-28. I did that because we don't get in on Christmas until 6pm and would love to watch Wishes from the beach, plus I booked dining at Kona and Ohana so it would be nice to stay there and make travel easier.

Does anyone know, last time we stayed we had a standard room. This time I booked Water View. Does that mean we'll be looking out at Crescent Lake or will that put us by the quiet pool? I DON'T want to be looking at the quiet pool .
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club August 2014; BWI March 26th - April 4th 2015
DH Me DS 16 DD 11 : DS 9
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1323
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

We'll be at BWV for a girls trip 12/7-12/13/2013.
Dbf and I have booked at BWV for food and wine 2014 10/2/14-10/7/2014
Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #1324
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime ability to book stacking 2 discounts (one a concession for a disastrous Disney cruise and the other free dining) we are headed back to BWI CL Jan. 18-26 with DD, DSIL and the 3 DGKs. I've stay at the BWI with DH 3 times and infinitely prefer it over other CL's.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 AM   #1325
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Wishing all our Veterans a magical day and thanking each and every one of you

Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #1326
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

19 days till we arrive back home CL style.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #1327
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
Have a great time. We will have to walk over to see you. Will miss staying there, but no room for all of us!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #1328
Lurch
Mouseketeer

Going back!

I am so excited. We only recently returned from our very first trip to Disney staying at BWV on rented points. We thought the resort was perfect! The walk to both EPCOT and DHS was fantastic. Also, instead of waiting on a bus to the Magic Kingdom, we just strolled through EPCOT and took the monorail; it was fantastic. Animal Kingdom and DTD, well who needs them anyway?

Well, I wanted to stay again same week as last year so we sent off the request to David's DVC. Just recieved confirmation that our request for September 12-20 has been approved...WooHoo! What a great feeling seeing an active reservation in MDE again.

Hopefully this will be our last visit as renters and we go in 2015 as owners!

Feel free to add me to the bulletin.

[/url]
Old 11-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #1329
WDWKOOK

Old 11-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #1330
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
We are headed back home . We stayed at BWI March of 2012 and our last trip March 2013 we stayed at BC (for the pool). But we are headed back this Christmas December 28th - January 6th. We are starting out our vacation at Poly from Dec 25-28. I did that because we don't get in on Christmas until 6pm and would love to watch Wishes from the beach, plus I booked dining at Kona and Ohana so it would be nice to stay there and make travel easier.

Does anyone know, last time we stayed we had a standard room. This time I booked Water View. Does that mean we'll be looking out at Crescent Lake or will that put us by the quiet pool? I DON'T want to be looking at the quiet pool .
Your Christmas vacation sounds wonderful! The pool view would be a Standard View booking. The rooms nearest Crescent Lake are classified as WV rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
We'll be at BWV for a girls trip 12/7-12/13/2013.
Dbf and I have booked at BWV for food and wine 2014 10/2/14-10/7/2014
What fun! I'll add you to the BWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathie859 View Post
Thanks to a once-in-a-lifetime ability to book stacking 2 discounts (one a concession for a disastrous Disney cruise and the other free dining) we are headed back to BWI CL Jan. 18-26 with DD, DSIL and the 3 DGKs. I've stay at the BWI with DH 3 times and infinitely prefer it over other CL's.
Those are great discounts and I'll add your dates to the BWB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
I am so excited. We only recently returned from our very first trip to Disney staying at BWV on rented points. We thought the resort was perfect! The walk to both EPCOT and DHS was fantastic. Also, instead of waiting on a bus to the Magic Kingdom, we just strolled through EPCOT and took the monorail; it was fantastic. Animal Kingdom and DTD, well who needs them anyway?

Well, I wanted to stay again same week as last year so we sent off the request to David's DVC. Just recieved confirmation that our request for September 12-20 has been approved...WooHoo! What a great feeling seeing an active reservation in MDE again.

Hopefully this will be our last visit as renters and we go in 2015 as owners!

Feel free to add me to the bulletin.
It's always great to have another trip booked
Old 11-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1331
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Haven't had a kidless trip anywhere in over 15 years, but they sound very relaxing. I'll add you to our BoardWalk Bulletin, too.
Thanks for adding us.

As for the kidless trips, they are so bittersweet. Great to spend time with each other in the happiest place on earth , but just seeing all the families and young ones, it brings back so many memories and reflexions of life. You almost have to make peace with it all the first time and then enjoy yourselves. In my case, the libations help
Old 11-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #1332
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
Thanks for adding us.

As for the kidless trips, they are so bittersweet. Great to spend time with each other in the happiest place on earth , but just seeing all the families and young ones, it brings back so many memories and reflexions of life. You almost have to make peace with it all the first time and then enjoy yourselves. In my case, the libations help
Good technique, with and without kids
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #1333
WDWKOOK

As a special treat, Tables in Wonderland Members may now enjoy Complimentary Valet Parking at Downtown Disney® Area through January 1, 2014!

Here are some things you need to know about valet parking at Downtown Disney® Area, as terms and conditions do apply:

- Complimentary valet parking is for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating restaurants at Downtown Disney® area.
- One vehicle per membership card .
- Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt from the participating Downtown Disney® restaurant at the valet stand upon retrieving your vehicle.
- Valet parking service is available from 4pm-2am daily.
- Valet Parking can be accessed via Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney® West Side.
- If a member would like to take advantage of the valet parking service but will not be dining at a participating Tables in Wonderland restaurant, the price is $15 per vehicle, gratuity accepted.
- There will be a charge for parking and valet services on Tables in Wonderland blockout dates. For a full list of blockout days and program policies, please visit
www.tablesinwonderland.com
Old 11-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #1334
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

a repost from the DVC resorts forum):

mouseplanet (jim korkis) wrote 2 incredibly informative articles about the BW. fantastic reading for BW addicts

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Tre...llas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Tre...illas_Part_Two

soooo, not only are the BWV & BWI gorgeous, with amazing views, activities, entertainment, & nightlife not available anywhere else in WDW, they also have a fascinating history.

just feeding the addiction
Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #1335
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
a repost from the DVC resorts forum):

mouseplanet (jim korkis) wrote 2 incredibly informative articles about the BW. fantastic reading for BW addicts

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Tre...llas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Tre...illas_Part_Two

soooo, not only are the BWV & BWI gorgeous, with amazing views, activities, entertainment, & nightlife not available anywhere else in WDW, they also have a fascinating history.

just feeding the addiction
Very interesting read. Disney really does it's homework. Finally, a reason for the Clown!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: