Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1291
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennicksmom View Post
We are officially booked now! The reservations have been transfered to our name from the person we rented points.

We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani from May 30-June 7, the Boardwalk Villas from June 7-June 14. We have never stayed at either, so we are so excited to try them both out. I have been watching this thread for a while, but it is so overwhelming to learn it all. Can anyone share anything we need to know?

We will be in a studio at both places, we know it's smaller, but we are used to POP, and because it's studios we can stay for a full 2 weeks. To us, it's worth a smaller room.
I've been lurking on here for months, but thought I'd come out of hiding. We'll also be staying at BWV 6/5 - 6/14 in a 1 BR. We stayed at BLT in June and loved WDWKOOK's thread, so I'm really happy she is the keeper of this one, too!

While we loved BLT, we love staying in the Epcot resorts area a teeny, tiny bit more (and it's important for us for SWW), so we're pretty excited to be staying at BWV for the first time!
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1292
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
We are officially booked now! The reservations have been transfered to our name from the person we rented points.

We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani from May 30-June 7, the Boardwalk Villas from June 7-June 14. We have never stayed at either, so we are so excited to try them both out. I have been watching this thread for a while, but it is so overwhelming to learn it all. Can anyone share anything we need to know?

We will be in a studio at both places, we know it's smaller, but we are used to POP, and because it's studios we can stay for a full 2 weeks. To us, it's worth a smaller room.
My sister and I were in a very similar boat last week. We'd only stayed at POP, but I wasn't sure how much smaller the studio would be. We didn't have any issues with space and never felt like we were on top of each other. Beware of the looong hallways, though. We ended up in a studio at almost the very end of a hall. It wasn't a big deal most of the time (we even laughed about how it looked like something out of The Shining), but after coming in past 1:00am after MNSSHP, the walk was rough.

This was our first stay so I'm not an expert by any means, but for what it's worth, we absolutely loved BWV. In fact, it's turned my sister into a deluxe snob Loved being able to walk to both DHS and Epcot, especially remembering what it's like to try to board a bus after Fantasmic or Illuminations. There were only a couple of instances where the bus was crowded, but overall, we didn't mind sharing with the Swan and Dolphin.

The resort is gorgeous! I couldn't stop taking pictures, especially along the boardwalk. Very quiet, and the CMs were so nice.

Congrats on booking! I'm looking to go back next fall, too!
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1293
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I have fallen about a week behind on the DIS. Sorry for the multi-quoting delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurFiggis View Post
Hey BWIers! I'm planning on taking the BoardWalk Ballyhoo Guided Tour on my upcoming trip and I figured why not have breakfast at the Belle Vue Lounge since that's where you check-in for the tour? I've read that they have pastries and such, but I'm wondering if you are able to order a mimosa for breakfast. Seems the perfect way to start the morning of touring the glamorous world of the Boardwalk.
Welcome! I like the way you think, but IDK if you can order a mimosa at BVL because it isn't listed on the breakfast menu, but these breakfast drinks are listed on the Kouzzina menu:

Specialty Drinks:
White Superfruit Sangria

Bloody Mary
A classic blend of Tomato Juice, Skyy Vodka, and Tabasco with a Celery Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I thought I saw a post that showed the BWV views; is there any place that says where BWV studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms are in the resort? Or are they everywhere?

I am staying in my very first 1-bedroom and am super anxious (in the good way) to see where I will be put!
The BWV room finder chart and room location/view chart are both hyperlinked on the first page HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debedo View Post
HI We are new DVC members and just booked our first DVC vacation at our new home resort BOARDWALK !! We have a preferred view so I will be reading all of your posts so see where we could be. VERY excited to stay here from April 28, 2014 thru May 4, 2014. It will be our first deluxe resort since we usually stay at POR. Still love POR so we are doing a split stay for an additional 4 days 5/4/14 to 5/8/14.
Welcome to the thread and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin. Congratulations on booking your first DVC vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
We are here and having a great time! I think we have been spoiled by the extra space and huge tub in the 1br. We got in at 1 am on Friday night/sat morning. I requested tennis court view, which I didn't get, but we did get pretty close to the tennis courts, so it works. I just didn't want to be right over the main entrance and hear busses idling all night. I noticed people here mentioning a musty/mildew smell. We have it too, but didn't notice it right away. The air was off when we checked in though. After we got back from MK on Sat it smelled pretty bed. We were wet and cold though since it was raining, so we turned the heat on and the smell instantly went away. Seems the issue is with the A/C unit.
We are headed to the pool today, can't wait! We are living the location, it is so nice to be so close to EPCOT for F&W. it did take me 2.5 hrs of travel time to run over to DTD on Saturday yo pick up one thing, but that is typical of getting to DTD from anywhere. Otherwise absolutely loving it here!
Thanks for checking in with us and you are so right about getting to DTD from the Deluxes. Enjoy your whirlpool tub

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I just booked to BW view studios for F&W next year!!! So excited, didn't get to go to F&W this year! Taking old friends, Disney rookies, who live across the country that we never get to see!!!
Sounds like fun and you'll be a great tour guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
A great happy Monday to everyone. I booked a week at BWV for Oct 2014.

I'll try to get a two days at VGF at the 7 month mark to test the new resort. But, it will be October and am doubtful for availability. Either way, I'll get to spend most of the time at the BWV.

And a great happy, ummm, Wednesday to you. Congratulations on booking and VGF is on the list, huh? You never know, you might just get it, or could you book with cash?

Quote:

Welcome to the thread and Kidani and BWV sound like a great combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I've been lurking on here for months, but thought I'd come out of hiding. We'll also be staying at BWV 6/5 - 6/14 in a 1 BR. We stayed at BLT in June and loved WDWKOOK's thread, so I'm really happy she is the keeper of this one, too!

While we loved BLT, we love staying in the Epcot resorts area a teeny, tiny bit more (and it's important for us for SWW), so we're pretty excited to be staying at BWV for the first time!

Nice to have you all the way over on Crescent Lake! I'll add you to the BWB.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1294
Susiequsie60
Mouseketeer

What's the Boardwalk Bulletin?
Susiequsie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1295
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiequsie60 View Post
What's the Boardwalk Bulletin?
It's at the end of Post #1 of this thread. It's a log of BWI/BWV posters who wish to have their dates posted.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #1296
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
Hi Gang,

Not to single out the BWV folks but I am staying on the BWI side, and this is a room question.

Has anyone stayed in a king size standard view room at BWI? And if so, what room did you have (number/location) and could you give me any details? (Like view, noise level, what you liked about the room, what you didn't like about it...)

Any details you have would be awesome!

Thanks,
Hi,
I'm going to bump your post because I'd like to know the same thing. Very little lately about the Inn.
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier, WDW November 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Boardwalk Inn
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #1297
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Hello,

So we're checking into a 2br room at bwv on 1/1-1/7. If I reserve a 1br or a studio for one additional night on 1/7-1/8 will I be able to keep my same room or will I have to change rooms?
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #1298
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

How big of a hassle will it be to switch from BWV on Sat night to BWI on Sunday and Monday night? What will we have to do with our luggage?

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #1299
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Hello,

So we're checking into a 2br room at bwv on 1/1-1/7. If I reserve a 1br or a studio for one additional night on 1/7-1/8 will I be able to keep my same room or will I have to change rooms?
I am sure you would have to move since the 2br cost more.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1300
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am sure you would have to move since the 2br cost more.
I think it's possible you could stay in part of the room. We moved from studio to 2 bedroom and didn't have to move, just opened the door in between.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #1301
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
Hello,

Every two bedroom villa is a lockoff at BWV, meaning a combination of a stuiod and one bedroom. Note the other reservation on each and when you check in ask the CM at the desk if you are blocked into the same portion for the second reservation. If you aren't, they might be able to make it work.

You are there before the marathon weekend starts, so you might not have much difficulty staying.

You just want to make sure that you do not get a dedicated studio for your last night. It would not connect to a one bedroom. And when you make the new reservation, make sure the CM booking your stay knows what you are trying to do.

Good luck. We've done this at OKW, but the other way around. One bedroom for a few nights and two bedroom for a few more when our friends joined us.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #1302
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber

I think it's possible you could stay in part of the room. We moved from studio to 2 bedroom and didn't have to move, just opened the door in between.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. They could just close off the part we 're not using.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #1303
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Every two bedroom villa is a lockoff at BWV, meaning a combination of a stuiod and one bedroom. Note the other reservation on each and when you check in ask the CM at the desk if you are blocked into the same portion for the second reservation. If you aren't, they might be able to make it work.

You are there before the marathon weekend starts, so you might not have much difficulty staying.

You just want to make sure that you do not get a dedicated studio for your last night. It would not connect to a one bedroom. And when you make the new reservation, make sure the CM booking your stay knows what you are trying to do.

Good luck. We've done this at OKW, but the other way around. One bedroom for a few nights and two bedroom for a few more when our friends joined us.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #1304
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
How big of a hassle will it be to switch from BWV on Sat night to BWI on Sunday and Monday night? What will we have to do with our luggage?
You can have Bell Services store your luggage and when your room is ready, call to have it delivered. Or you can take your luggage with you over to BWI, check-in and if your room is ready, bring your luggage up with you or ask for help from Bell Services. If it's early enough, I suppose you could also leave your luggage in your BWV, walk over to BWI and check-in and then determine where your luggage will go after checking-in.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #1305
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You can have Bell Services store your luggage and when your room is ready, call to have it delivered. Or you can take your luggage with you over to BWI, check-in and if your room is ready, bring your luggage up with you or ask for help from Bell Services. If it's early enough, I suppose you could also leave your luggage in your BWV, walk over to BWI and check-in and then determine where your luggage will go after checking-in.
I'm confused. I admit, I've never stayed at Boardwalk Inn, but I've always thought that there was one check in point for both the Inn and the Villas. I walk in the front door, go left, and check in right there. Is there another whole lobby for the Inn that I've completely missed?
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: