Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #1276
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
The 1 bedrooms are scattered all over. There is a map with the views, im sure it's somewhere on the first page, but not sure where. The only "special" area is the Village Green area over the Wyland Gallery, that Preferred view area is all studios. Everything else has all room types.
Thank you! That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask. The wait is killing me! But only 8 more days!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #1277
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
If you look closely at the map of the Boardwalk resort, you'll see that the walkway to DHS goes along the canal. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/

Technically, the Boardwalk Villas are the side of the resort that are along that canal and generally the fastest way to get to the walkway you'll want is to go out via a stairway to the outside. If you have a room at the Inn side of the resort, the 'safest' route will most likely be to take the Boardwalk itself almost to the intersection of the walkway to Swan/Dolphin - just before that intersection will be the path to DHS. If you look closely at the map you'll see that you could probably cut a few minutes off the walk by cutting through the parking lot, but at the time of the morning you're talking about I'd suggest taking the long (and presumably better lit) route so you don't find yourself wandering goodness knows where.
Hi MAO,

Yup we are staying on/at the BWI (side), and we used that canal walkway to get from the swan last year in the weeeeeeeee hours of the morning so we know it well. We even cast our eyes at the BWV side while passing and saw the parking lot for the Boardwalk Resorts.

Thankfully we will be arriving really early in the morning Thursday so we can walk around and figure out what route works best for us from the room we end up in. We are going to be making that walk a great deal during all hours of the day so hopefully by the end of our trip I can tell all of you the best route

Take care, ~Sunshine (it's the nickname one of the ladies that runs the SWW thread gave me)

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #1278
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
prolly better to cut through at the main pool than to walk all the way down to the swolphin walkway.
Main pool, is that the one with the BIG slide and carnival theme?

PAST TRIPS WDW:
May/June 2014 (SWW) - BWI ~ May 2013 (SWW) - Swan ~ Oct 2010 - Windsor Hills 6 Bedrm Home ~ June 2010 - POR ~ Jan 2009 - WL ~ Dec 2006 - SoG ~ Oct 2005 - Radisson ~ Dec/Jan 2003/04 - Days Inn ~ July 1987 - 1st trip to FL
Old 11-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #1279
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

To those whom have been BWI Guests

Hi Gang,

Not to single out the BWV folks but I am staying on the BWI side, and this is a room question.

Has anyone stayed in a king size standard view room at BWI? And if so, what room did you have (number/location) and could you give me any details? (Like view, noise level, what you liked about the room, what you didn't like about it...)

Any details you have would be awesome!

Thanks,

PAST TRIPS WDW:
Old 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1280
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

A great happy Monday to everyone. I booked a week at BWV for Oct 2014.

I'll try to get a two days at VGF at the 7 month mark to test the new resort. But, it will be October and am doubtful for availability. Either way, I'll get to spend most of the time at the BWV.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 11-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #1281
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
Main pool, is that the one with the BIG slide and carnival theme?
I believe that to be the one the poster was referring to. Not sure if it will be fenced in by the time you get there; I know I tend to cut through it during the day but even when I supposedly can see where I'm going I sometimes have to stop and regroup. (I'm sure that's mostly me, though! )

I'm glad you'll be arriving early enough to do some reconnaissance (huh, they've got spell check built in -- didn't know that -- figured I'd have to do my normal copy and paste into Word to make sure I'd spelled that correctly!) before you need to use the path. I'm sure you'll figure something out!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #1282
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
I believe that to be the one the poster was referring to. Not sure if it will be fenced in by the time you get there; I know I tend to cut through it during the day but even when I supposedly can see where I'm going I sometimes have to stop and regroup. (I'm sure that's mostly me, though! )

I'm glad you'll be arriving early enough to do some reconnaissance (huh, they've got spell check built in -- didn't know that -- figured I'd have to do my normal copy and paste into Word to make sure I'd spelled that correctly!) before you need to use the path. I'm sure you'll figure something out!
I'm guessing even when they fence it in, you will still be able to walk around it, to get to the path.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #1283
The Sunrise Student
aka Sunshine

FENCE, around the pool area? Oh my, when is that supposed to be completed?

PAST TRIPS WDW:
Old 11-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #1284
MAO
BWV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sunrise Student View Post
FENCE, around the pool area? Oh my, when is that supposed to be completed?
I'm not sure. I've been keeping an eye on many of the threads here on DIS, but haven't seen anyone reporting that it's begun anywhere. Frankly, I'm personally surprised it took them so long to decide to do it, but that's just me. I think, if you search through the first couple of pages of this particular forum you'll probably find some thread(s) talking about it.

eta: well that was a bit further back than I thought it was. Here's one for you to start with: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3192269
Old 11-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #1285
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
We are here and having a great time! I think we have been spoiled by the extra space and huge tub in the 1br. We got in at 1 am on Friday night/sat morning. I requested tennis court view, which I didn't get, but we did get pretty close to the tennis courts, so it works. I just didn't want to be right over the main entrance and hear busses idling all night. I noticed people here mentioning a musty/mildew smell. We have it too, but didn't notice it right away. The air was off when we checked in though. After we got back from MK on Sat it smelled pretty bed. We were wet and cold though since it was raining, so we turned the heat on and the smell instantly went away. Seems the issue is with the A/C unit.
We are headed to the pool today, can't wait! We are living the location, it is so nice to be so close to EPCOT for F&W. it did take me 2.5 hrs of travel time to run over to DTD on Saturday yo pick up one thing, but that is typical of getting to DTD from anywhere. Otherwise absolutely loving it here!
Thanks for posting! Glad it's good so far. Good info about the smell, I'll have to keep an eye (or nose) out for that. Keep the place warm for us, we're arriving on Friday!! Woo hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I just booked to BW view studios for F&W next year!!! So excited, didn't get to go to F&W this year! Taking old friends, Disney rookies, who live across the country that we never get to see!!!
Sounds awesome, congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
A great happy Monday to everyone. I booked a week at BWV for Oct 2014.

I'll try to get a two days at VGF at the 7 month mark to test the new resort. But, it will be October and am doubtful for availability. Either way, I'll get to spend most of the time at the BWV.
An advanced welcome home! I think VGF looks great, but every time I look at the point chart, it just gives me the willies. Maybe a short split stay just to try it is the right idea. You'll have to report back to us!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #1286
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
An advanced welcome home! I think VGF looks great, but every time I look at the point chart, it just gives me the willies. Maybe a short split stay just to try it is the right idea. You'll have to report back to us!
Thanks. And, I did flinch when I saw that point chart. The split stay is probably the only way we will stay there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #1287
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I booked a week at BWV for Oct 2014.

we also have our F&WF trip booked (BW view studio, 9/27-10/5)

btw, you might be pleasantly surprised & be able to book a villa at VGF i was thinking of adding a day to our 4/27-5/7 BWV trip, and VGF is showing availability for some days (only slightly less availability than a BW view studio for the same dates). since the EPCOT resorts are usually the first to be booked for the F&WF, and some of the "newness" will be off of the VGF, i think you would have a decent chance.

good luck!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #1288
brennicksmom
!!!

We are officially booked now! The reservations have been transfered to our name from the person we rented points.

We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani from May 30-June 7, the Boardwalk Villas from June 7-June 14. We have never stayed at either, so we are so excited to try them both out. I have been watching this thread for a while, but it is so overwhelming to learn it all. Can anyone share anything we need to know?

We will be in a studio at both places, we know it's smaller, but we are used to POP, and because it's studios we can stay for a full 2 weeks. To us, it's worth a smaller room.

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century
Old 11-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #1289
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennicksmom View Post
We are officially booked now! The reservations have been transfered to our name from the person we rented points. We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani from May 30-June 7, the Boardwalk Villas from June 7-June 14. We have never stayed at either, so we are so excited to try them both out. I have been watching this thread for a while, but it is so overwhelming to learn it all. Can anyone share anything we need to know? We will be in a studio at both places, we know it's smaller, but we are used to POP, and because it's studios we can stay for a full 2 weeks. To us, it's worth a smaller room.
Congrats! I've never stayed at BWV, but we are here now @ BWI & love it! You can walk to Epcot, walk to DHS & the busses were great! Only a few minor glitches!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
We loved the Quiet pool, but our kids are older. Both looked great!
Resort is beautiful & everyone here was very helpful!

Congrats & have a great time!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #1290
brennicksmom
!!!

I'm no really even sure of the differences between the Inn and Villa. We are still learning.
I'm glad to hear good things about the busses. When we stayed at Poly the busses were NOT great. We are very excited.

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: