Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #1261
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Question about the Belle Vue Lounge breakfast

Hey BWIers! I'm planning on taking the BoardWalk Ballyhoo Guided Tour on my upcoming trip and I figured why not have breakfast at the Belle Vue Lounge since that's where you check-in for the tour? I've read that they have pastries and such, but I'm wondering if you are able to order a mimosa for breakfast. Seems the perfect way to start the morning of touring the glamorous world of the Boardwalk.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #1262
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
If I have a boardwalk view in BWV 2 bedroom lock off do I also have a view of Epcot?
I thought most of the standard view villas have the Epcot view. You might get some view of Illuminations from your balcony from the boardwalk view.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #1263
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I thought most of the standard view villas have the Epcot view. You might get some view of Illuminations from your balcony from the boardwalk view.
Most of the standard view villas face Epcot, but you can't actually see Epcot because your view is mostly BWI. However you can see the Illuminations fireworks above BWI.
Pete W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #1264
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGirl View Post
If I have a boardwalk view in BWV 2 bedroom lock off do I also have a view of Epcot?
I think for sure you'll see Spaceship Earth (aka the big globe/golf ball), but you wont get a complete view of the Illuminations fireworks like you can from some of the other views as said above. If you're above the first or second floor (or maybe even on those floors) you'll almost for sure still see SOME fireworks over ESPN.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #1265
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
If you look closely at the map of the Boardwalk resort, you'll see that the walkway to DHS goes along the canal. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/

Technically, the Boardwalk Villas are the side of the resort that are along that canal and generally the fastest way to get to the walkway you'll want is to go out via a stairway to the outside. If you have a room at the Inn side of the resort, the 'safest' route will most likely be to take the Boardwalk itself almost to the intersection of the walkway to Swan/Dolphin - just before that intersection will be the path to DHS. If you look closely at the map you'll see that you could probably cut a few minutes off the walk by cutting through the parking lot, but at the time of the morning you're talking about I'd suggest taking the long (and presumably better lit) route so you don't find yourself wandering goodness knows where.
prolly better to cut through at the main pool than to walk all the way down to the swolphin walkway.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #1266
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

We have a garden/pool view 2 bedroom villa. What kind of view can we expect and which park are we closest to? What should I request?
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #1267
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
We have a garden/pool view 2 bedroom villa. What kind of view can we expect and which park are we closest to? What should I request?
You'll probably be facing towards DHS and Swan and Dolphin. You'll see either the leisure pool or the themed pool, Luna Park. All two bedroom villas are lockoff villas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #1268
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I thought I saw a post that showed the BWV views; is there any place that says where BWV studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms are in the resort? Or are they everywhere?

I am staying in my very first 1-bedroom and am super anxious (in the good way) to see where I will be put!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1269
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

We arrive for our stay at B'walk in time for the end of Food and Wine! Excited!

Can someone please tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? I like to bring my own coffee and wonder if they have switched to something k-cup compatible? Or are they still using the pods?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #1270
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
We arrive for our stay at B'walk in time for the end of Food and Wine! Excited!

Can someone please tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? I like to bring my own coffee and wonder if they have switched to something k-cup compatible? Or are they still using the pods?
On the Inn side, yup, still the pods.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #1271
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I thought I saw a post that showed the BWV views; is there any place that says where BWV studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms are in the resort? Or are they everywhere?

I am staying in my very first 1-bedroom and am super anxious (in the good way) to see where I will be put!
The 1 bedrooms are scattered all over. There is a map with the views, im sure it's somewhere on the first page, but not sure where. The only "special" area is the Village Green area over the Wyland Gallery, that Preferred view area is all studios. Everything else has all room types.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #1272
debedo
Earning My Ears

HI We are new DVC members and just booked our first DVC vacation at our new home resort BOARDWALK !! We have a preferred view so I will be reading all of your posts so see where we could be. VERY excited to stay here from April 28, 2014 thru May 4, 2014. It will be our first deluxe resort since we usually stay at POR. Still love POR so we are doing a split stay for an additional 4 days 5/4/14 to 5/8/14.
POR 2013
POR/BWV 2014

debedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #1273
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Thanks for the info on the coffee makers, psac!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #1274
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

We are here and having a great time! I think we have been spoiled by the extra space and huge tub in the 1br. We got in at 1 am on Friday night/sat morning. I requested tennis court view, which I didn't get, but we did get pretty close to the tennis courts, so it works. I just didn't want to be right over the main entrance and hear busses idling all night. I noticed people here mentioning a musty/mildew smell. We have it too, but didn't notice it right away. The air was off when we checked in though. After we got back from MK on Sat it smelled pretty bed. We were wet and cold though since it was raining, so we turned the heat on and the smell instantly went away. Seems the issue is with the A/C unit.
We are headed to the pool today, can't wait! We are living the location, it is so nice to be so close to EPCOT for F&W. it did take me 2.5 hrs of travel time to run over to DTD on Saturday yo pick up one thing, but that is typical of getting to DTD from anywhere. Otherwise absolutely loving it here!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #1275
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I just booked to BW view studios for F&W next year!!! So excited, didn't get to go to F&W this year! Taking old friends, Disney rookies, who live across the country that we never get to see!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: