Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #1216
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Thank you both so much for your feedback!! I really appreciate your responses...sounds like we can't go wrong with the Deluxe rooms!! Have an awesome trip! I was reading earlier in this thread about your upgrade after the reclassification of the cottage suites...How great! Have a blast!
Thank you SO much (re: our upgrade) Everyone in my family is so incredibly excited that they're constantly talking about how much they remember-(last time we were there was 2008 Can't wait to get there! One more day.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1217
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax!

The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?
I agree with you, I would be equally upset/annoyed at booking the water view and having a small side view of the Boardwalk.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #1218
samnbilly

A few more hours and we'll be on our way!
I can't even sleep! Report from BWI later!
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #1219
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranawor View Post
First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!
Welcome to the BWI/BWV thread! Congratulations on your Disneymoon and what a wonderful time of the year to celebrate at WDW...the cooler weather, lower crowds and some decorations should hopefully just be going up before you leave. We'd love a photo or two if you get a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee2u View Post
I'll be at BWI April 3 - 7 for my birthday. I'm super excited!
I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin and what a great birthday celebration you're going to have. Make sure it's noted in your reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHARJ View Post
So excited for our first BWI stay. I am surprising my children with a week stay before our Fantasy cruise, first Disney cruise. I decided to go all out as this is their Christmas present, so we are staying CL. Love the Epcot area, having stayed at BC several times. My daughter then leaves on 1/20/14 to start her 7 months with the DCP, so excited for her I have a feeling she won't be coming home and will decide to stay in FL. Magically I just got an ADR for BOG for dinner our first night, one of our favorites from our June trip. I had been trying every day since I booked this late and actually gasped when 5:05pm popped up. Just so excited for these 2 weeks with my children!
How exciting and what a wonderful surprise Christmas present. Will your DD be doing a DCP blog like the epic Disneyfreak508's? Will you be doing a TR? I'd love to read about your two week adventure which may extend into the future when you're visiting your DD often

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofScott View Post
Thanks so much, WDWKOOK! Still haven't finished reading all of the posts here, but am really enjoying it! Thanks to your recommendation, I now have a note on our reservation requesting Epcot view, 5th floor

BWI here we come...January 5-11th!
I'll add you to the BWB and your trip is going to be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
A few more hours and we'll be on our way!
I can't even sleep! Report from BWI later!
Are you there yet? Are you there yet? I know you're going to have a fantastic time and we can't wait to hear about your sweet suite upgrade
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #1220
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

At the BWI now, in the room with a sick sleeping child. Ugh! Anyways, we booked 2 rooms and on our confirmation it showed guaranteed connecting rooms... And we did get them, even with the resort booked to capacity. So that's good. One room has a tiny balcony and the other has a nice size. We were hoping for 5th floor facing Epcot but got 3rd floor facing a garden/courtyard area. It's nice and quiet, so no complaints about that. There was a strong musty odor by the bathroom, we did call housekeeping and the next day when we came back it smelled better than it did.....not sure what they did to the room. Also, the bus situation is not great here. I'm really shocked you have to share a bus with the swan and dolphin, aren't they not technically disney hotels?! Paying for a deluxe, it irritates me that you do need to stop there. It took us almost an hour it get back to BWI from DTD last night. Insane. Next time will take a taxi. Also, we have had 2 times where the MK bus pulls up but it's almost completely full so kind of a bummer that BWI is the last stop. That alone may be enough to sway me back to the poly next time. I do love being able to walk to Epcot. Took us 6 minutes. Haven't walked to HS yet, will do that tomorrow. The boardwalk area is pretty cool and lots of food choices.

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #1221
MAO
BWV Owner

I think it depends a lot of how you define "technically"
While they may be part of other chains, they are on property and get pretty much all of the same perks that staying at any 'Disney' property would give.

You don't have to be staying at a specific resort to use their bus pickup, by the way. If you think it would help, walk the extra bit over to the Swan or Dolphin bus stop and see if the bus to MK is less full that way. I often get off at whichever stop the bus makes for any of those resorts at the Epcot area and just walk to the Boardwalk from that resort. Depending on how close my room is to a stairway close to the other resort, it can be faster than going from the Boardwalk's bus stop through the lobby and then through the hallways.
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #1222
psac
DIS Veteran

I agree the bus situation is annoying, not for sharing with Swan and Dolphin in particular, but for sharing with so many! In mid-days the bus often shares with BC and YC, too, so five stops is crazy. I think no Deluxe should share, really, but if so, one other should be the limit.

We've also found it takes an hour to get from Downtown Disney to any of the Deluxes. We always take a cab back.

Having said that, we're there in 11 days! Woo hoo!! Can't wait. I made our room request today, hopefully not too late.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #1223
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
I'm really shocked you have to share a bus with the swan and dolphin, aren't they not technically disney hotels?! Paying for a deluxe, it irritates me that you do need to stop there. It took us almost an hour it get back to BWI from DTD last night. Insane. Next time will take a taxi. Also, we have had 2 times where the MK bus pulls up but it's almost completely full so kind of a bummer that BWI is the last stop. That alone may be enough to sway me back to the poly next time. I do love being able to walk to Epcot. Took us 6 minutes. Haven't walked to HS yet, will do that tomorrow. The boardwalk area is pretty cool and lots of food choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAO View Post
You don't have to be staying at a specific resort to use their bus pickup, by the way. If you think it would help, walk the extra bit over to the Swan or Dolphin bus stop and see if the bus to MK is less full that way. I often get off at whichever stop the bus makes for any of those resorts at the Epcot area and just walk to the Boardwalk from that resort. Depending on how close my room is to a stairway close to the other resort, it can be faster than going from the Boardwalk's bus stop through the lobby and then through the hallways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I agree the bus situation is annoying, not for sharing with Swan and Dolphin in particular, but for sharing with so many! In mid-days the bus often shares with BC and YC, too, so five stops is crazy. I think no Deluxe should share, really, but if so, one other should be the limit.
Agreed, those can be long bus waits. Walking to DHS & catching the bus from there to another resort is not bad, but that doesn't help with DTD. Maybe a walk to DHS, bus to SSR, walk to DTD?

I have really tried to plan around our resort stay. Thus, for this Spring Break trip, we are only going to Epcot or DHS, & will only be eating at the Boardwalk or Beach Club restaurants.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1224
shan136
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Paying for a deluxe, it irritates me that you do need to stop there. It took us almost an hour it get back to BWI from DTD last night. Insane. Next time will take a taxi. Also, we have had 2 times where the MK bus pulls up but it's almost completely full so kind of a bummer that BWI is the last stop.
We just came back from BWI on Saturday and the only bus we had an issue with overcrowding and excessive stops was from DTD. Although we did stop at Swan & Dolphin on our way to and from AK and MK they were quick since there weren't many people boarding and on the way home we were usually the first stop.

As for sharing transportation, as the Sheraton leases the land from WDW and the hotels were built in partnership with WDW, I think that sharing the buses is only fair. There is a lot they don't get to participate in: dining plan, ME, Magic Bands and merchandise transfers. If you think transportation takes too long, the walk from Swan to BWI is much faster than the bus or boat so you can always elect to use their stop instead.
shan136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1225
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

I think the best advice coming home from DTD is to take a cab if you don't have a car. The bus situation, the two stops, the horrible traffic until Disney Springs is done I'm avoiding DTD all together. We too had an hour plus ride home at 8:30pm on a Thursday.

If you were to take the bus to SSR from DHS and walk - isn't that walkway closed? I thought it was while the Disney Springs construction was going on?

We did not have any other bus issues from our trip a few weeks ago.
We didn't share with any resorts other than the Swalphin. When a bus was full an empty bus was right behind it.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #1226
samnbilly

Just checking in from BWI..
Checked in yesterday. Day was a blur because we were exhausted!

Quick thoughts on BWI-
Gorgeous resort! Still haven't even seen a lot of it!

We checked in @ 10:30 at CL desk-amazing service! Our room was ready. We are in 4216. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a 2bdrm suite because they re categorized Garden Cottage max occ.
It's magnificent! 1st bedroom has King bed, tons of storage, large walk in shower, huge jacuzzi tub & separate toilet area.
In between bedrooms is a nice sitting room. Big size. Has sofa, bar area, refrig, Keurig maker.
Separate bathroom in that room.
2nd Bdrm has 2 Queens-another full bath.
They have tons of storage as well.
We have more TV's to count, even one in the Master Bath!
We also have 2 safes.
Room is set up as 2bd lockoff
We had turndown service last night-she actually came in while we were unpacking which was fine We haven't even been to the pools yet.

CL has been great! All very nice CM's.
Only one issue. My daughter has severe Peanut/Tree nut allergy & they were supposed to get her food that was safe for her & that still hasn't happened. We usually have kids grab food for breakfast in lounge & she really can't have anything. 4 CM's later & hopefully it will be fixed later.

More to report later! .
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #1227
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Just checking in from BWI..

Only one issue. My daughter has severe Peanut/Tree nut allergy & they were supposed to get her food that was safe for her & that still hasn't happened. We usually have kids grab food for breakfast in lounge & she really can't have anything. 4 CM's later & hopefully it will be fixed later.

More to report later! .
Just checking, did you let them know ahead of time about the food alergy. Usually they are ahead of the curve on that. Hope they get it corrected for her.
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #1228
samnbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
Just checking, did you let them know ahead of time about the food alergy. Usually they are ahead of the curve on that. Hope they get it corrected for her.
Thank you. We noted it on the ressie and the CM at the CL said it was as well. Nothing this am & her choices were extremely limited. Everything else is great! We love it here!
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Last edited by samnbilly; 10-29-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #1229
krb2g
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
So, I have been pushing my way through this long thread

In the meantime, I have three questions about the Deluxe rooms:

1. All this talk about the Boardwalk view rooms being noisy has me a little worried. For those that have stayed in the Deluxe rooms, how was the noise? With the sitting area between the beds and the balcony, does that make it a little quieter for sleeping? (since the beds are a little removed from the outside area)

2. Based on some of the feedback I've read, I will probably request 4th floor to be closer to the lounge, even though these rooms have a smaller balcony. But, how small are these 4th floor balconies? How many people can sit out there at once?

3. I understand there are only 10 Deluxe rooms. Are there any of the 10 that I wouldn't want to get? (ie...far from lounge ,really bad location or view, etc).

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I'm about 1/2 way through the thread
Just thought I'd chime in on the noise question and the location question. We have never had a problem with noise from the Boardwalk in the 3rd floor deluxe rooms (in three stays at different times of year). I can only imagine it would be even better on the 4th floor because you're higher up. We also did not find the walk upstairs from the third floor to the lounge on the fourth floor particularly onerous--especially once we found the staircase that is much closer than going back out to the elevators. We prefer the slightly larger balconies. But really I think you'll be happy in any of the deluxe rooms. I really love the Boardwalk view.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #1230
samnbilly

The Boardwalk quiets down a lot earlier than I thought. I'm here right now & most of it closes early except for ESPN Zone.
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: