Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #1201
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

So, I have been pushing my way through this long thread

In the meantime, I have three questions about the Deluxe rooms:

1. All this talk about the Boardwalk view rooms being noisy has me a little worried. For those that have stayed in the Deluxe rooms, how was the noise? With the sitting area between the beds and the balcony, does that make it a little quieter for sleeping? (since the beds are a little removed from the outside area)

2. Based on some of the feedback I've read, I will probably request 4th floor to be closer to the lounge, even though these rooms have a smaller balcony. But, how small are these 4th floor balconies? How many people can sit out there at once?

3. I understand there are only 10 Deluxe rooms. Are there any of the 10 that I wouldn't want to get? (ie...far from lounge ,really bad location or view, etc).

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I'm about 1/2 way through the thread

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #1202
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23

Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.
Just to add to Brett's answer. The exit brings you out behind behind the Jellyrolls . Like he said, the path is right there. We were in room 2003 in September and it was so convenient to DHS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #1203
MPHARJ
DIS Veteran

So excited for our first BWI stay. I am surprising my children with a week stay before our Fantasy cruise, first Disney cruise. I decided to go all out as this is their Christmas present, so we are staying CL. Love the Epcot area, having stayed at BC several times. My daughter then leaves on 1/20/14 to start her 7 months with the DCP, so excited for her I have a feeling she won't be coming home and will decide to stay in FL. Magically I just got an ADR for BOG for dinner our first night, one of our favorites from our June trip. I had been trying every day since I booked this late and actually gasped when 5:05pm popped up. Just so excited for these 2 weeks with my children!

MPHARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #1204
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Just to add to Brett's answer. The exit brings you out behind behind the Jellyrolls . Like he said, the path is right there. We were in room 2003 in September and it was so convenient to DHS.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
We were in 4094 so it actually brought us out right in between the Luna Pool and the Quiet Pool, so we were actually a good bit closer to DHS than if you came out by Jellyrolls. so your room would have been to the one side of the elevator bank and ours would have been the opposite side. Google maps will help with the visual.

But the walk way is right there nonetheless whenever you leave from the backside of the resort.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #1205
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, WDWKOOK! Still haven't finished reading all of the posts here, but am really enjoying it! Thanks to your recommendation, I now have a note on our reservation requesting Epcot view, 5th floor

BWI here we come...January 5-11th!
QueenofScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #1206
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Thanks, Brett and Go!!

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

LiveToTravelNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #1207
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Hey y'all! Just have a quick question...we're here now, checked in yesterday for our 22nd anniversary! I know the rules..book the view you want, rather than wish for a pixie dusted upgrade, so I booked what I thought was a Boardwalk View. When we got to our room last night, we could indeed see a small portion of the Boardwalk, but our room most prominently faces the main courtyard area. Now I know I sound like I'm being a nit picky spoiled brat, but when we have booked boardwalk view before we actually faced the boardwalk, so I was a bit surprised. We decided to go ask at the front desk..we were very polite about it, not confrontational at all. The first girl we spoke with...super nice..completely understood. Then she brought over who I assume was a manager, who proceeded to tell me that all we actually booked was a water view room, and if we could see ANY of the boardwalk at all, it was because we just got lucky! Huh??

THIS..is the part that bothered me. I feel like she was insinuating that we got lucky to get something I feel like we paid several hundred dollars extra for! How can you have a water view and NOT see any portion of the Boardwalk?? It surrounds this whole side of the lake!

This was right after she tried to tell me that we booked a water view, not a boardwalk view, but then later said you CANNOT book a boardwalk view because that booking category doesn't exist! Allllrighty then! Lol
Old 10-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #1208
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

It says Water view as the booking category, but did you ask her if it was possible to move to another room, because you were thinking you would get a view of the Boardwalk? I'm surprised that they didn't offer to move you. Is the resort full?
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #1209
Brier Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
It says Water view as the booking category, but did you ask her if it was possible to move to another room, because you were thinking you would get a view of the Boardwalk? I'm surprised that they didn't offer to move you. Is the resort full?
We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax!

The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #1210
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
We did, and they said that the resort was completely full, but that they would check and see what they could do. To be fair, they did call later and offer us a move to a more forward facing boardwalk view, but we would have to wait 2 days, then check out and check back in, with no guarantee when the 2nd room would be ready. We have a decent amount of luggage, and DH had a beautiful very large flower arrangement in the room for me, so we discussed it, and thanked them for trying to work it out for us, but ultimately just didn't want to spend any more"fun" time playing revolving rooms. Just wanted to unpack and relax! The view isn't really bad at all, it's just that it was different than I had anticipated, and I wanted to be sure we were getting what we paid for, if that makes sense?
I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #1211
Brier Rose

Quote:
I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday. Hope you have a wonderful time!!
Thanks so much! Hope you do as well! It's beautiful weather, food has been great, crowds no problem, and even the Magic Band and FP+ has all been perfect! You have lots to look forward to! :D
Old 10-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #1212
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post

1. All this talk about the Boardwalk view rooms being noisy has me a little worried. For those that have stayed in the Deluxe rooms, how was the noise? With the sitting area between the beds and the balcony, does that make it a little quieter for sleeping? (since the beds are a little removed from the outside area)

2. Based on some of the feedback I've read, I will probably request 4th floor to be closer to the lounge, even though these rooms have a smaller balcony. But, how small are these 4th floor balconies? How many people can sit out there at once?

3. I understand there are only 10 Deluxe rooms. Are there any of the 10 that I wouldn't want to get? (ie...far from lounge ,really bad location or view, etc).

Sorry if these questions have already been asked. I'm about 1/2 way through the thread
You are going to love the Deluxe Room- they are huge and the staff in the lounge are terrific.
1) As far as noise from the Boardwalk I have never had any problems, the acts finish no later than 10:00 PM, and even then with the balcony door closed you could barely hear them (the mime never made any noise!!).
2) As for location try not to get the 3rd floor, as you might find it inconvenient going to the lounge. The balconies on the 3rd floor are larger than the 4th, but the ones on the 4th are big enough to easily fit your family with a lot of room to spare.
3) On the 4th floor the first Deluxe Room past the door to the Innkeepers Club reception desk is 4255. This is farthest from the lounge (but still close) and you might find this room noisy as it close to the entranceway, and you can hear guests talking to the CM working the desk. Try to get 4225, 4227, and 4229 - all are all Deluxe Rooms over the Bakery and very close to the lounge.
Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by lbv7; 10-26-2013 at 01:51 PM.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1213
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post

We had a Deluxe room on the 3d floor above Seashore Sweets in August & heard absolutely nothing from below during the night. We enjoyed the larger balcony- which was very tight with all 4 of us out there. I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.

We didn't mind being on the floor below the lounge, the back stairway to go up was right outside of our room.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #1214
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.
Having stayed in a 4th floor Deluxe Room I can tell you that the balconies will easily accomodate at least 4 people. I would easily trade off a smaller balcony for having to walk up and down the stairs going from the 3rd floor to the lounge.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #1215
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
You are going to love the Deluxe Room- they are huge and the staff in the lounge are terrific.
1) As far as noise from the Boardwalk I have never had any problems, the acts finish no later than 10:00 PM, and even then with the balcony door closed you could barely hear them (the mime never made any noise!!).
2) As for location try not to get the 3rd floor, as you might find it inconvenient going to the lounge. The balconies on the 3rd floor are larger than the 4th, but the ones on the 4th are big enough to easily fit your family with a lot of room to spare.
3) On the 4th floor the first Deluxe Room past the door to the Innkeepers Club reception desk is 4255. This is farthest from the lounge (but still close) and you might find this room noisy as it close to the entranceway, and you can hear guests talking to the CM working the desk. Try to get 4225, 4227, and 4229 - all are all Deluxe Rooms over the Bakery and very close to the lounge.
Hope this helps you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
We had a Deluxe room on the 3d floor above Seashore Sweets in August & heard absolutely nothing from below during the night. We enjoyed the larger balcony- which was very tight with all 4 of us out there. I can't imagine getting more than 2 people on the smaller balconies on the 4th floor.

We didn't mind being on the floor below the lounge, the back stairway to go up was right outside of our room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Having stayed in a 4th floor Deluxe Room I can tell you that the balconies will easily accomodate at least 4 people. I would easily trade off a smaller balcony for having to walk up and down the stairs going from the 3rd floor to the lounge.
Thank you both so much for your feedback!! I really appreciate your responses...sounds like we can't go wrong with the Deluxe rooms!!

Quote:
I don't blame you..that's why I decided to skip the split stay I booked this trip. I'm checking in the BWI on Monday.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!
Have an awesome trip! I was reading earlier in this thread about your upgrade after the reclassification of the cottage suites...How great! Have a blast!

CT Disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: