Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #1186
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
We just got back from BWV on 10\19. It was a wonderful stay! The location could not have been better. Nestled in between EPCOT and DHS during the F&W Festival was awesome!

We were in 4094...which was PRETTY FAR from the elevators. Upside was that we were adjacent to a stairwell that put us right on the path to DHS and was nestled in between the clown pool and the Community Hall.

While we loved the ambiance and the the theme, we were a little bit underwhelmed by the room. Given that we had stayed at Kidani Village and BLT where there were multiple bathrooms, that may have spoiled us!

The other thing was getting our mugs refilled. The only refill station was at the BW Bakery. The other locations to get them filled was at the Leaping Libations Pool Bar and the Lounge. But with both of them, I felt like a cheapskate waiting in line with paying\tipping customers, just to get a free refill of diet Coke.

Not to put the resort down, it was fabulous. And if I think it would be super awesome if going with adults or older kids. I think the Belle Vue Lounge was really cool. To grab a cocktail and hang out in a relaxed space like that would have really cool.

And then the chairs on the deck overlooking the BoardWalk, good stuff.

And I can't say enough about the pool. We had upper 80* temps all week and the pool was like a gift from the Heavens. My girls LOVED the slide (which consequently, was perfectly visible from our balcony!).

We spent a lot of time at DHS and EPCOT and we were pleasantly surprised at how short the walk was to DHS. I dare say it was about the same as our walk to MK from BLT.

We started off on the wrong foot when we arrived at 12:30 and our room wasn't ready until 4:15 and then our MagicBands and KTTW didn't work. We think our room was readya long time before we got it. I never got a text on my phone saying that it was ready until I was at the front desk (2nd time) to have our keys fixed. "Magically" after the bands and cards were activated, I got my text. Hmmmm

But I don't hold the resort responsible for that. However, that can negatively influence your perception.

being in the DVC, we like to try different resorts and this was #3 for us. And it wa the perfect spot for the F&W Festival. We didn't get to try Fantasia mini gold or the surrey bikes, but they're on our agenda for next year.

Ohhh...the Boardwalk Bakery....too good to pass up. If you've never been to, and you see a line, just hop right into that line. It moves quick and the treats are spectacular!
Thank you for posting about your stay. You'll have to go back so you can try out Fantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Nope, just sitting there reading. And ducking the guest above who kept dumping his drink on the floor (and it ran down on top of me - the balcony was larger than most at BWV).
Was it at least top shelf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
That sounds awesome.
Oh, psac
Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #1187
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
Are there any backdoors out the BWV side of the resort that allow a shortcut to the DHS path without having to walk across the parking lot or go around the boardwalk? Does the door to the Luna pool area have access to that path, or is the entire area now fenced in? Thanks!!!
Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #1188
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Only the messenger... I just saw this post HERE:
Oh, I'd so much rather be warned... and because you gave me a heads up -- I read that same post earlier.

So glad I booked our FP+s.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #1189
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Absolutely!
Our room went down and exited out about 10 feet from the pathway to DHS. We were able to walk it in about 10 minutes. We only took the boat one time. That was at the end of the day and for my kids' amusement.
Not sure if you're familiar with the layout, but you can just walk to the end of the hall, take the stairs and voila! You'll be right near the pathway. The BWV side is def closer to the path than the BWI side.
Thank you for answering, I missed that question in my multi-quote.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #1190
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oh, I'd so much rather be warned... and because you gave me a heads up -- I read that same post earlier.

So glad I booked our FP+s.
Great (and worried) minds...

I think everyone will leave the day you arrive - something about an epic bedbug and snake infestation
Old 10-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #1191
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
We got to see a few different acts there which was fun but the Illuminations display was not as viewable as I had expected given the location to BWV.
Yeah, it is not like the view from TOTWL. I should have told you to go and stand on the front bridge. That is a great viewing area. You can't see the globe, but a great view of the fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Nope, just sitting there reading. And ducking the guest above who kept dumping his drink on the floor (and it ran down on top of me - the balcony was larger than most at BWV).
Yikes. That doesn't sound like Disney magic.

Quote:
Only the messenger... I just saw this post HERE:

"I looked at easywdw to check the crowd calendar and it could not be more WRONG! On top of that, the undercover tourist app is totally wrong too! easywdw showed today as a 3. I have been many times when it is a 3 and it never included lines that were 60+ minutes for several rides at MK. Even Stitch had a 20 minute wait!! Then at lunch I was looking at the undercover tourist app. It had MK, Epcot and HS all at yellow and AK was red. I looked at AK ride times just for the heck of it and it was the ONLY park that had reasonable ride times. It was just crazy!."
I have noticed that trend as well. We've been going in October for the last 6 years. Our fall break is usually the first week in October, but sometimes, it is on the second week. Second week starts with Columbus day. It seems a lot more crowded. We were at MK over that week one time and it hit park capacity on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I had never experienced that before, and it was a nightmare.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #1192
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great (and worried) minds...

I think everyone will leave the day you arrive - something about an epic bedbug and snake infestation
This is brilliant. Let's throw in some alligators for good measure.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #1193
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

We just booked our first stay at the BWI this afternoon for the first week of August 2014 I am so excited to stay in this beautiful resort! I am especially looking forward to the extra space in the Deluxe rooms! Did I mention that I'm excited??

Here are a few pictures we took earlier this year. We stayed at the YC and loved the whole Epcot area. Now off to read this whole thread!:

Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #1194
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
This is brilliant. Let's throw in some alligators for good measure.

Perfect. Tripod the gator lives in the MK, could he somehow get from Tom Sawyer Island to Crescent Lake without taking Disney transportation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
We just booked our first stay at the BWI this afternoon for the first week of August 2014 I am so excited to stay in this beautiful resort! I am especially looking forward to the extra space in the Deluxe rooms! Did I mention that I'm excited??

Here are a few pictures we took earlier this year. We stayed at the YC and loved the whole Epcot area. Now off to read this whole thread!
and thank you for your photos. You're going to love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS and the sitting area is nice to have in the Deluxe room. Happy planning!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #1195
RamrodinTonight
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have the link to the Halloween events at the Boardwalk? I know I saw it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #1196
Dranawor
Earning My Ears

First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #1197
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamrodinTonight View Post
Does anyone have the link to the Halloween events at the Boardwalk? I know I saw it, but for the life of me I can't find it. Thanks!
There's a link to this month's activity calendar on the first post of the thread. I think page 2 lists what they've got in store for Halloween.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #1198
RamrodinTonight
Earning My Ears

Thank you! I scrolled right past it multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
There's a link to this month's activity calendar on the first post of the thread. I think page 2 lists what they've got in store for Halloween.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #1199
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

I'll be at BWI April 3 - 7 for my birthday. I'm super excited!

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000; Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL; Dec. 13 - 15 POR
DCL July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Nov. 23 - 30 Disney Magic
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1200
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranawor View Post
First post on the forum. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very informative and influential in my fiancé's and my decision to stay at this resort for our honeymoon! We will be there from Nov. 10th thru the 20th and cannot wait!! Only 17 days to go!!
Congratulations!
what a wonderful way to start your life together!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: