Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #1141
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Staying club level at BWI. Any stairway secrets folks can share?
There are stairs right by the lounge entrance that go down to the quiet pool. There are no stairs to the BW from the inn side, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Hi There! This is a really great thread! So much information! I read through the first page and loved looking at all of the pictures. I do have a question though...I feel guilty asking there is so much info here

We are thinking of doing SWW in 2015, which is so far away, I know, but I am new to DVC and trying to wrap my brain around planning for points...So I went on the site and saw that I would most likely be able to get any view I want for the weekend I want to go. This is DS's birthday and we plan to stick to mostly SWW, we will have just gone the month before for 10 days. Is there a better view to get for walking to DHS everyday? For Instance are pool views closer (or farther) from DHS? Or is it all relative and it doesn't really matter? From what I understand there can be some pretty long walks here. I don't mind walking, but I think we are going to try for RD everyday and I don't want to have to usher us out the door 15 minutes earlier just to walk through the resort. The point savings isn't as important to me (I don't think anyway)...
I agree with WDWKOOK that it doesn't matter to much, except for the BW views. Those would have longer walks for sure. But then both standard and Preferred have rooms down towards DHS. Whichever you pick, I would specifically make the room request for "closer to Hollywood Studios" if that's what you want. You can do that through member services. Say hi to Luke for me!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #1142
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Another thing to make them less frustrating us when/if you make FP+ selections, remember the times they initially give you (which are usually terrible), are just a starting point. Accept them, and then go change them to the times you actually want. We were able to get a great schedule that way. I'm actually excited about it, and happy not to have to run to TS Mania. . (Though we probably will still do it anyway, walk on, then use our FP+ reservation!)
Sorry to butt in to this response..
But..lol..how do you change the FP+ times? I'm still not able to do mine, because of a tech issue with my ressie, so I'm not going to have much time (going on the 28th)

Do you accept them & somehow go back in and modify the times?
TIA
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #1143
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Hello there! I am a Disney TA and I have a client staying at the BWI right now who was just upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite that sleeps 10 people and has 3 bathrooms. She said she is in room 4205 - does anyone know what suite this is? We are both dying to know!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1144
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
Hello there! I am a Disney TA and I have a client staying at the BWI right now who was just upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite that sleeps 10 people and has 3 bathrooms. She said she is in room 4205 - does anyone know what suite this is? We are both dying to know!
Please see post 1130 on the previous page for a full description of two-bedroom suite #4205. There are photos on the first page of one of the two-bedroom suites.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #1145
samnbilly

Quote:
So exciting!! That's what WDWKOOK had just posted for me yesterday!

What room category was your client supposed to be in?
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #1146
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
Any pictures of the 2 bedroom at BWV? We are staying there for the first time and I'm curious as to what the rooms are like.
All two bedroom villas are lockoffs, meaning a combination of a studio and a one bedroom. So you have a king bed, queen sleeper sofa, queen bed and double sleeper sofa. The second bedroom (studio) will have a kitchenette and entrance to the corridor.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #1147
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Sorry to butt in to this response..
But..lol..how do you change the FP+ times? I'm still not able to do mine, because of a tech issue with my ressie, so I'm not going to have much time (going on the 28th)

Do you accept them & somehow go back in and modify the times?
TIA
My travel agent wife just showed me how to do it since she had to explain it to a client. You make the original three ride selections for each day on the FP+ screens for each day and accept whatever times they give you. Then go back to the main My Disney Experience Menu, My Itinerary, pick the day you want to change times for, then click on the specific FP+ Experience you want to change. In the lower right hand corner, you'll have a button for change experience, click that, then it'll let you change the ride itself, or change the time.
When she did ours, we picked our three rides of the day, but it automatically wanted to spread them out over the whole day. Since we're morning people, we were able to change them to get TS Mania for 9-10, RnR for 10-11, and Star Tours for 11-12. That will also give us time for walk on rides in between. (Also, when you make your selections, it asks if you want to do them for All or Some in your group, so you don't have to do the same for everyone. Wife is a ride chicken, so she made her 10-11 for ToT instead of RnR, and I'll take her MB and do both whe she looks in the shops. I'll look fashionable with her pink MB! )
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #1148
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for reminding me about that and it's nice to see you over here, Amanda! The list of permits is located HERE. I accessed the actually Permit/Notice of Commencement dated 10/17 and the only description in the permit is "Room Rehab." The land description is: BoardWalk Inn Guest Rooms. It also states: The expiration date may not be before the completion of and final payment to the contractor, but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified... 09/27/2014. I interpret that as meaning the expected completion will have to be before 9/27/14, but an actual start date is not given, so I assume it will begin soon since the commencement/permit was approved on 10/17. The last BWI room rehab was in 2009.

We have never stayed at a resort under room rehab. Does this generally have a big impact on the enjoyment of the trip? We are scheduled for BWI CL in January.

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

LiveToTravelNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #1149
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Thank you! Can't believe that exact suite had been posted about a few pages back! My client is ecstatic, they are a family of 6 who were originally booked in a deluxe club level room. Such an incredible upgrade. While I am visiting this thread, just thought I'd share that the BWI is our absolute favorite resort, we will be staying there the night before our cruise next August. It is our Disney home.

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #1150
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
We have never stayed at a resort under room rehab. Does this generally have a big impact on the enjoyment of the trip? We are scheduled for BWI CL in January.
You shouldn't really be aware of the rehab, except maybe during the day. They usually block off one floor at a time, and in the instance of WL, for example, they left one floor below closed as a buffer to any noise caused by the floor being rehabbed. If there is an issue with noise, you can always go down to the front desk and ask to be moved and they will usually do their best to make your stay more enjoyable.

Quote:
Thank you! Can't believe that exact suite had been posted about a few pages back! My client is ecstatic, they are a family of 6 who were originally booked in a deluxe club level room. Such an incredible upgrade. While I am visiting this thread, just thought I'd share that the BWI is our absolute favorite resort, we will be staying there the night before our cruise next August. It is our Disney home.
You're welcome. Too bad you can't take credit for the upgrade

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-20-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #1151
samnbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You shouldn't really be aware of the rehab, except maybe during the day. They usually block off one floor at a time, and in the instance of WL, for example, they left one floor below closed as a buffer to any noise caused by the floor being rehabbed. If there is an issue with noise, you can always go down to the front desk and ask to be moved and they will usually do their best to make your stay more enjoyable. You're welcome. Too bad you can't take credit for the upgrade All of the Deluxe rooms have been reclassified for a maximum occupancy of two. The sleeper sofa in the living room has been removed so there is only one king bed in the loft area. This is why those who were booked in a Deluxe room when it had a max. occ. of four, were upgraded to the two-bedroom suites
I thought that he meant a Deluxe CL room which has a max occupancy of 6. It has 2 Queens and an extended sitting area & pullout sofa with an extra TV.

The room category that went under rehab was the Garden Cottages, which I can't remember what they're called now-they have a max occ of 2..

Hope that's all cleared up :-)
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #1152
samnbilly

Quote:
Maybe they'd be so generous to share a pic..lol
Are they Dis'ers??
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1153
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I thought that he meant a Deluxe CL room which has a max occupancy of 6. It has 2 Queens and an extended sitting area & pullout sofa with an extra TV.

The room category that went under rehab was the Garden Cottages, which I can't remember what they're called now-they have a max occ of 2..

Hope that's all cleared up :-)
Thank you! My mind was on the Garden Cottages. Guests who had them booked were upgraded to two-bedroom suites, so I'm not sure why someone booked in a Deluxe room was upgraded to a two-bedroom also. You're correct, the Deluxe CL rooms have NOT been re-classified, only the the Garden Cottages have. I apologize for the mix-up and thank you for noticing my error.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #1154
jamerican
Disney Addict

Our first stay at BWV

We just returned from our first stay at BWV. We were in studio 4053 and had a view of Spaceship Earth, Illuminations and the Boardwalk...we all loved it, son 10, daughter 9, me and hubby...hubby is not a Disney addict like me...but he loved the Boardwalk...said it was the best vacation ever and can't wait to go back...we were there 7 days...thank you all for your help the past couple of years as I planned this

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
jamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #1155
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

1st timer

So, I have stayed at the GF and BC...booked the BWI for my princess run in february - excited! Got a great deal and am looking forward to it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: