Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1126
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

to the thread!

Personally, I think that the difference between the furthest and closest rooms would be negligible in getting to DHS. I think you'll find them all very convenient, but someone else might have a different opinion. I would book the view you would like and not worry about the view in relation to walking time to DHS.
Thank You!! Am I correct that the DVC side is the side with Luna Park, or are they all mixed together, bwv and bwi? I have only been to the boardwalk once in my life and I was not paying any attention to the room area...I hate when that happens

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1127
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Star Wars Weekend maybe?
Would've never gotten that one! Lol
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #1128
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Thank You!! Am I correct that the DVC side is the side with Luna Park, or are they all mixed together, bwv and bwi? I have only been to the boardwalk once in my life and I was not paying any attention to the room area...I hate when that happens
This color coded map shows the location of both BWV and BWI rooms:

And this is an out of date BWV map:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #1129
samnbilly

Does anyone know where the 2bdrm suites are or what number they are. I think there are 2 of them. I'm just trying to figure out on the map where we are..

TIA
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #1130
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Does anyone know where the 2bdrm suites are or what number they are. I think there are 2 of them. I'm just trying to figure out on the map where we are..

TIA
I only know of one room number and they have Courtyard/Garden/Epcot views. This is from Cara Goldsbury's site:

Two-Bedroom Suites with 1,288 square feet offer a small parlor decorated in soft green and gold and furnished with a sleeper sofa, coffee table, easy chair, desk, bureau with built-in, flat-screen TV, and small dining table for four. There's also a wet bar with microwave and small refrigerator with a half bath off the foyer. French doors lead from the living room to the standard-size master with king bed and walk-in closet, and a cream-toned marble bath featuring a whirlpool tub, separate commode area, double sinks, shower, and mini-TV. Opposite the living area is a standard guest room with two queen beds. There are three balconies, and all have a view of the gardens. Suite number 4205 has a bonus of a view of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular, but loses points with its view of two satellite dishes and a slice of the road; good nighttime view, but not so great during the day. All have a view of the gardens.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #1131
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This color coded map shows the location of both BWV and BWI rooms:

And this is an out of date BWV map:
Thank You!!! I didn't think to look in the BWI section, sorry sorry!

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #1132
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Thank You!!! I didn't think to look in the BWI section, sorry sorry!
You're welcome, no need to apologize and the old BMW map isn't even on the first page.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #1133
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Today is my last day - back to work tomorrow. I had a couple more issues with the MB, but they had everything ironed out by yesterday and it's been working fine ever since. My door appears to be a little finicky - the band has to be positioned just so for it to work. I haven't used touch to pay with it on this trip.

My mousekeeper has been excellent this trip. Nothing is worn or in need of replacement. It's been a great little getaway.

Next trip is BC but I'll be back at BW in January!
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1134
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

Any pictures of the 2 bedroom at BWV? We are staying there for the first time and I'm curious as to what the rooms are like.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #1135
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Today is my last day - back to work tomorrow. I had a couple more issues with the MB, but they had everything ironed out by yesterday and it's been working fine ever since. My door appears to be a little finicky - the band has to be positioned just so for it to work. I haven't used touch to pay with it on this trip.

My mousekeeper has been excellent this trip. Nothing is worn or in need of replacement. It's been a great little getaway.

Next trip is BC but I'll be back at BW in January!
Last days are hard, but knowing when you're returning helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
Any pictures of the 2 bedroom at BWV? We are staying there for the first time and I'm curious as to what the rooms are like.
They are on the first page and hyperlinked in SUITES in post #1.

ETA: My mind was on the two bedroom suites, sorry. Let me see if I can find some...

Found some on the first page HERE.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #1136
samnbilly

Quote:
I only know of one room number and they have Courtyard/Garden/Epcot views. This is from Cara Goldsbury's site: Two-Bedroom Suites with 1,288 square feet offer a small parlor decorated in soft green and gold and furnished with a sleeper sofa, coffee table, easy chair, desk, bureau with built-in, flat-screen TV, and small dining table for four. There's also a wet bar with microwave and small refrigerator with a half bath off the foyer. French doors lead from the living room to the standard-size master with king bed and walk-in closet, and a cream-toned marble bath featuring a whirlpool tub, separate commode area, double sinks, shower, and mini-TV. Opposite the living area is a standard guest room with two queen beds. There are three balconies, and all have a view of the gardens. Suite number 4205 has a bonus of a view of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular, but loses points with its view of two satellite dishes and a slice of the road; good nighttime view, but not so great during the day. All have a view of the gardens.
Thank you WDWKOOK

So excited to visit WDW again!! It's been awhile-2008!!

First time @ BWI & I'm so scared...we we're upgraded to CL our very first stay & haven't looked back..now, we were upgraded to the suite that I've been begging my Financial Advisor..whoops..I mean DH & he, of course, said no to the price ;( Now we've been upgraded..how do I go back, lol!!

Who knows, maybe we'll finally buy into DVC someday & have extra space or rent points..who know, right? Lol

I'll be sure to take some pics & send an update from the world :-)
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #1137
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to mention that I saw on another website forum where permits were filed yesterday for a room rehab at Boardwalk. Permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and Yacht Club. very interesting.....

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #1138
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Just popping in to mention that I saw on another website forum where permits were filed yesterday for a room rehab at Boardwalk. Permits were also filed yesterday for room rehabs at Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and Yacht Club. very interesting.....
Thank you for reminding me about that and it's nice to see you over here, Amanda!

The list of permits is located HERE.

I accessed the actually Permit/Notice of Commencement dated 10/17 and the only description in the permit is "Room Rehab." The land description is: BoardWalk Inn Guest Rooms.

It also states: The expiration date may not be before the completion of and final payment to the contractor, but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified... 09/27/2014.

I interpret that as meaning the expected completion will have to be before 9/27/14, but an actual start date is not given, so I assume it will begin soon since the commencement/permit was approved on 10/17. The last BWI room rehab was in 2009.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-19-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: TYPO
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #1139
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Thank you for reminding me about that and it's nice to see you over here, Amanda!

The list of permits is located HERE.

I accessed the actually Permit/Notice of Commencement dated 10/17 and the only description in the permit is "Room Rehab." The land description is: BoardWalk Inn Guest Rooms.

It also states: The expiration date may not be before the completion of and final payment to the contractor, but will be 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified... 09/27/2014.

I interpret that as meaning the expected completion will have to be before 9/27/14, but an actually start date is not given, but I assume it will begin soon since the commencement/permit was approved on 10/17. The last BWI room rehab was in 2009.
Great info - thanks!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #1140
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think you just made these plastic bands of frustration slightly more appealing
Another thing to make them less frustrating us when/if you make FP+ selections, remember the times they initially give you (which are usually terrible), are just a starting point. Accept them, and then go change them to the times you actually want. We were able to get a great schedule that way. I'm actually excited about it, and happy not to have to run to TS Mania. . (Though we probably will still do it anyway, walk on, then use our FP+ reservation!)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: